Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-23-2020, 01:58 PM   #81
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm certain BBTS only chooses (or gets access to) a small allotment and once their allotment is gone, they label it as sold out.
Darn, i should have bought direct from JND before they "sold out."

Sales tax alone would be an additional $200 now through a US distributor.

I'm not sure how much JND was going to charge for shipping, but BBTS and Specfic their sales prices includes a $200-$300 premium for shipping.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:04 PM   #82
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
JND is a new company. There is a video on YouTube posted by Korean channel Wiki Figure about a month ago, where they discuss the production samples on the A. Fleck statue. Turn on the English subtitles.
Thank you! I ordered it after watching their videos on the Arthur Fleck statue. Hopefully the final product matches the proto but the videos have at least given me some confidence in the company.

Edit: I already appreciate the transparency they're showing with their videos. Much more than other companies that have been around a lot longer.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:53 PM   #83
pdenham
Teen Titans

Spec Fic put up the 1:3 Queen Joker- the one with rooted hair and the full stage vanity/mirror.

It's $900 less than this figure on an basic base.

Shipping isn't included, but it still points out just how much of a premium they are charging for this one.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:17 PM   #84
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Spec Fic put up the 1:3 Queen Joker- the one with rooted hair and the full stage vanity/mirror.

It's $900 less than this figure on an basic base.

Shipping isn't included, but it still points out just how much of a premium they are charging for this one.
Doesn’t look like the Queen 1/3 Joker used and silicone. Description just lists polystone, cloth and rooted hair. The JND WW costs is due the realistic eyes and painted silicone portrait. It also looks like JND might be using a plating process for the gold tone instead of paint. Hard to compare. If Queen was also using a silicone portrait then there would be a better basis for price comparison.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:39 PM   #85
chronos1919
Nightwing

Queen studios 1/3 Joker is $830 for the basic. The deluxe, with the mirror is $1,050, and the premium (with rooted hair) is $1,350. They're charging $300 for the rooted hair alone.

For WW, I think with the rooted hair, lifelike silicon sculpt, glass eyes, and the fact that they're creating the sculpts in-house the price makes sense. I don't think there's a huge mark-up here. Not any more than the rest of the industry at least.

Edit: I was erroneously comparing Spec Fiction pricing. I see the actual pricing on Queen Studios site. Isn't the deluxe with rooted hair still $1,300 + shipping though? Making the actual difference between the two $600?
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:25 PM   #86
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Thanks for the link. Price seems even higher here? I love it but I’m in two minds about spending that much on it... is it really worth that price? I’m guessing yes given you have ordered it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
Wow - they didn't have the price on it when I posted the link. I ordered direct thru JND and I did the payment plan in the hope that future payments may be kind with the AUD to USD conversion rate. But for me, yes - it's a stunning piece and well worth the price. I just don't know whether it's worth the Sugo price...
Once you add shipping, and the potential custom fees it’ll probably be around $370 AUD more than Sugo. However if you’re able to bypass customs then it’ll be $180 AUD cheaper.

I usually prefer to play it safe and lock in a fixed price.

(Didn’t know what shipping was, so guessed $200 USD)
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:52 PM   #87
actionjackson83
Midnighter

it's overseas shipping so for a 1/3 scale statue you're looking at box dimensions around 35x15x17 and 40-50lbs that's easily going to be at least $200-300 usd shipping.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #88
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Once you add shipping, and the potential custom fees it’ll probably be around $370 AUD more than Sugo. However if you’re able to bypass customs then it’ll be $180 AUD cheaper.

I usually prefer to play it safe and lock in a fixed price.

(Didn’t know what shipping was, so guessed $200 USD)
For me, price isn't as important as securing something that I want. As far as I know, Sugo didn't even have this up for order when it went live on JND's website.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:57 PM   #89
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
For me, price isn't as important as securing something that I want. As far as I know, Sugo didn't even have this up for order when it went live on JND's website.
My point was in reference to you saying you weren’t sure it was worth the Sugo price. But the potential issue is that by buying directly it ‘might’ actually be more than Sugo.
Old 10-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #90
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
it's overseas shipping so for a 1/3 scale statue you're looking at box dimensions around 35x15x17 and 40-50lbs that's easily going to be at least $200-300 usd shipping.
Yup. I wouldn’t be surprised.

It recently cost me over $160 USD to ship just the 1/3 Bane bust from Sideshow.

And to ship the 1/3 Batman/Superman/WW from Sideshow cost me $190-$240 USD, and that was before the COVID tax.