Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 08-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #1471
Fremen
Birds of Prey

50 dollars is a steal if you're able to fix it.
Congrats on that purchase!
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #1472
Ladylusiphur
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptedscot View Post
Got my tracking

Now for it to cross the pond so I can get those lovely customs charges (I hates customs ).
x
Do you know approximately how much the customs charges on this would be as I'm thinking of ordering one.
Ladylusiphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:45 PM   #1473
ThanosRules
Death is hereditary.

I've officially given up on this statue. My replacement has a broken ankle just like the first one.

I can't blame the retailer I bought this from either. Their shipping methods are outstanding. Both times it's arrived double boxed in a bath tub of shipping peanuts, yet both of them had a broken ankle. Both of the breaks are "IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT." How could this not get noticed during the testing when they were making the packaging for this statues shipping?

At this point I have absolutely no faith that I could get one of these without a broken ankle. What an absolute disappointment this statue turned out to be. Variants in paint applications are one thing, but to not be able to deliver a statue that isn’t broke is an utter failure.

I would caution anyone interested in this statue to not buy one, unless you can inspect it yourself firsthand. The only way I could even remotely recommend someone buying one of these statues online is if it’s directly from CS Moore Studios. They would probably be the only place that would try sending you 3 or 4 of these until you didn’t get a broken one.

If I sound angry or bitter, it’s because I am. This statue was one of the ones I was looking forward to the most and now I’ve completely given up on getting one. Maybe my perspective is skewed, but this is how I feel after two months of dealing with this.
ThanosRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #1474
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosRules View Post
I've officially given up on this statue. My replacement has a broken ankle just like the first one.

I can't blame the retailer I bought this from either. Their shipping methods are outstanding. Both times it's arrived double boxed in a bath tub of shipping peanuts, yet both of them had a broken ankle. Both of the breaks are "IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT." How could this not get noticed during the testing when they were making the packaging for this statues shipping?

At this point I have absolutely no faith that I could get one of these without a broken ankle. What an absolute disappointment this statue turned out to be. Variants in paint applications are one thing, but to not be able to deliver a statue that isn’t broke is an utter failure.

I would caution anyone interested in this statue to not buy one, unless you can inspect it yourself firsthand. The only way I could even remotely recommend someone buying one of these statues online is if it’s directly from CS Moore Studios. They would probably be the only place that would try sending you 3 or 4 of these until you didn’t get a broken one.

If I sound angry or bitter, it’s because I am. This statue was one of the ones I was looking forward to the most and now I’ve completely given up on getting one. Maybe my perspective is skewed, but this is how I feel after two months of dealing with this.
I got four from Moore and they all arrived in perfect shape. Did you get both of them from the same retailer?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #1475
ThanosRules
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I got four from Moore and they all arrived in perfect shape. Did you get both of them from the same retailer?
Damn! Wish I had your luck with this one.

Yes, I got them both from the same retailer. I get almost all my statues from them, except the sideshow exclusives. I need to save every cent I can, and when you throw in shipping costs, it cost me 60 to 70 dollars less by not ordering thru CS Moore Studios.

If a statue is put into the previews catalog you shouldn't have to order it direct from the company and pay more just to get a non-broken statue.

I really can't tell you where this problem is. Is it a design problem, packaging problem, or do I just have horrible luck? All I do know is I'm not the only one that received a broken statue.
ThanosRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #1476
Y3E
Gen 13

I received my Angelus today and it had cracked feathers on both wings. Fortunately, the pieces were still in the bag that held the wings so I can just glue them back on. This is a fantastic piece though. The sculpt and paint is top notch.

Does CS Moore offer replacement parts? I guess I am out of luck since I bought from a 3rd party.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #1477
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I received my Angelus today and it had cracked feathers on both wings. Fortunately, the pieces were still in the bag that held the wings so I can just glue them back on. This is a fantastic piece thought. The sculpt and paint is top notch.

Does CS Moore offer replacement parts? I guess I am out of luck since I bought from a 3rd party.
I would contact them.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #1478
Y3E
Gen 13

Yeah, I've been thinking about it all day and I will contact them. The worse they can say is "no".

Thanks dec.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #1479
Zorglub
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Mine arrived in perfect shape and is now my favorite statue.
Zorglub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #1480
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Had mine a while now. No issues whatsoever.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote