Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #221
vpw
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Anyone has any experience ordering a commission from Michael Broussard?
vpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #222
Durins
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

From the Bob Shaw stable (and big kudos for Bob!)

+2 Chris Uminga
+1 Matt Fletcher
+2 Sara Richard

The Uminga and Fletcher commissions were done exactly when Bob said they would be (in the case of Sara's, she did both in less than 24 hours after the initial emails!) and were shipped between a whole lot of rigid cardboard.

I worked directly with Sara and am really looking forward to doing so again. She was the best!
Durins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #223
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

-1 Jan Duursema

Commissioned a con sketch in my sketchbook from her a little over two years ago. She couldn't get it done during the three days of the con and we agreed for her to take it home and do it there. Story after story after story, including its done and I'll mail it out to you, and I still don't have my sketchbook. This is including her supposedly having it done and going to bring it to a con back in August of this year. Imagine my disappointment when I check in with her at the con to hear that she "forgot" it. I've also heard about the sketch being done but she hasn't sent the requested scan or pic if it. Now to top it off, she's "lost" my sketchbook. She claims it's around her house somewhere, and that it'll turn up, but for the moment it's lost.

I only had a head sketch by Cat Staggs in there, otherwise I would have never let her take it. This has been an overall terrible experience.

Don
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #224
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow, that is not cool. I hope you get it back.
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #225
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceans11 View Post
-1 Jan Duursema

Commissioned a con sketch in my sketchbook from her a little over two years ago. She couldn't get it done during the three days of the con and we agreed for her to take it home and do it there. Story after story after story, including its done and I'll mail it out to you, and I still don't have my sketchbook. This is including her supposedly having it done and going to bring it to a con back in August of this year. Imagine my disappointment when I check in with her at the con to hear that she "forgot" it. I've also heard about the sketch being done but she hasn't sent the requested scan or pic if it. Now to top it off, she's "lost" my sketchbook. She claims it's around her house somewhere, and that it'll turn up, but for the moment it's lost.

I only had a head sketch by Cat Staggs in there, otherwise I would have never let her take it. This has been an overall terrible experience.

Don

That is a horrible experience. "it'll turn up" would ignite my temper pretty quick. Hearing this is enough to scratch Jan off my potential commission list. Ugh!

Did you try working through catskills?

http://www.catskillcomics.com/Duursema.htm

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #226
oceans11
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I'm going to post to the comicart e-mail list about it, as I think this warrants it. If Scott (it's Scott over at Catskill right ?) wants to get involved he can. He wasn't involved originally as the sketch was discussed at a con. I know he reps her though so he may have some interest in setting this right. I figure it's time to out this experience though as it has been pretty frustrating all around. The only saving grace is that I haven't paid her any money up front for the commission. Still I'm out the sketch book and the money I spent on the Cat Staggs sketch.

Jan claims that she'll find it. In the interim she has offered to refund me (don't think she remembers that I haven't paid her anything) or do another sketch. Really don't want the art from her at this point as it would just remind me of how annoying this has been.

Don

Don
oceans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #227
BillC
Hellboy

+1 Jim Valentino

Jim knocked his latest commission out of the park. Good prices, responsive to emails, fast work. I only have about two dozen more commissions I would love from him

The following 3 artists all have these things in common: great communication, very pleasant to work with, quick turnaround times, beautiful end product, and an impressive tolerance for my insanely detailed commission requests:

+1 Chris Ivy

+1 Sunny Lee

+2 Brian Postman

Have no fear whatsoever dealing with any of the above. All were "5 star" type experiences
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #228
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

haven't done one of these in a long time but i do have some for people and their reps.

+1 Rodolfo Migliari - Commissioned a piece at WWC but wasn't able to get to it so offered to take it home and finished it off. Recommend getting on his list as his work is amazing.

+1 Jeremy Bastian - Excellent experience and a heck of nice guy. the work he does is also amazing.

+1 Charles P Wilson III - Excellent experience and fantastic art along with his rep bob at comic art house.

+1 Carlos pacheco - Excellent work and fantastic prices

+1 Barry kitson - An experience within it self but a must for any art collector. Barry is a fantastic artist and the work he does is very excellent.

+1 Tony Moore - Got a piece before he went the ebay route but i had a very good experience with him and his art is awesome.

+2 Humberto Ramos - Got 2 pieces from him at WWC, top notch stuff and experience.

+1 Rob Guillory - Chew Artist and super funny guy, had a good experience with him as well and can't wait to see him again at c2e2.

+1 Carlo Pagulayan - Set up a piece to get picked up at NYC by carlos, the piece was amazing and his rep kirk was awesome as well.

+2 Tim Sale - Was finally able to get my sale and went for the double fast pass, thanks to jay his rep for helping out both tim and jay are awesome. hope to see them back in chicago soon.

+1 Chrissie Zullo - Great experience and art
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #229
eyecreate
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

+ 1 Lee Weeks: Outstanding artist, and a great guy. The art exceeded my expectations and was delivered quickly!

+ Michael Maikowsky: He did a recreation of the cover of Incredible Hulk 213 and it is spectacular. Great communicator and he made sure the art was really protected. I think it took me about 15 minutes to open it up.
eyecreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #230
BaronV
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

- 1 to Serendipity_Art. 8+ months of waiting for a Daryl Banks commission that was promised to be completed and received in 3 months.

No update since Feb. '13 while his CAF shows routine updates with new art he's purchased at conventions, probably with boardies monies that we paid him for the missing commissions.

**Updated 3/14**
Received full refund today.
BaronV is offline   Reply With Quote