Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 10-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #1
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Life Sized Busts

Now that we know this is something F4F is looking to start doing, what do you guys expect to see or who do you want to see?

I fully expect they will do Ganondorf bust either next or sometime in the near future. I could see Samus as well, but I think because her armored head is rather simple they would have to spice it up somehow either by including her shoulders, or straightup sculpting a near visible face through the lens.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Ammy? That's like... some weird animal trophy head.

Samus would be the only one I'd want. But it wouldn't look good without the shoulders, and with shoulders it would be huge. Not sure.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #3
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yeah Ammy seemed like a weird pickup to me too, but it is probably because her statue ended up being insanely popular. If I recall they had a FB post and she ended up being I think the second most highly regarded statue they've made.

Some Castlevania characters could make for cool busts.

To be honest I'll have to see how these turn out in hand, but I don't really think F4F's style suits busts. To me busts should probably be highly detailed with realistic paint apps and I find F4F is more along the lines of simple sculpt with simple, but effective paint apps. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #4
BurningRage
Inhumans

Link would seem most likely. Tekken and Soul Calibur would be good. Life size busts are a very niche market. Not sure if they'll continue with more if they don't sell well.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #5
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Samus armor Bust could be cool! but kinda want her without armor more then haha or the helm mostly! like optional xD

dear god it would be insane like this! to bad this would be crazy expensive!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:53 PM   #6
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

The Power Suit would be easier to do, I suppose, but I'm not sure if that would satisfy me as much as the Varia.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:38 AM   #7
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I think the problem with doing a Samus bust without the helmet is that it seems like everyone has a different idea of how the character should look. Within the canon games she looks a little different every time in terms of physique, hairstyle, and facial structure. Her two Smash Bros appearances are fairly different too.

It would be hard to figure out how she should look in a way that would please the majority of fans. It would be even harder to make her look iconic in any way lol. Unless it once again included the varia suit's shoulders, she would just be a blonde lady.

I doubt Soul Calibur or Tekken will get busts. I've yet to see where either license is actually lucrative in terms of merchandise in general, and busts are way more niche than 1/4 scale statues. To be honest I'm still shocked they went with Ammy as their first bust as opposed to Link or something.

Skull Kid seems like a given too, especially considering it is one of F4F's most famous pieces from way back when.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #8
BurningRage
Inhumans

These busts will be the most expensive statues they have so it will be interesting to see how they do especially with the es closing after two weeks. I think 1/3 statues would've been the better option seeing how well the PCS and Prime 1 statues have sold.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #9
qz33
Rescue

Do we know they are doing other busts?
Amaterasu won't be the size or expense of human busts.

And yes Samus could be spectacular but it would be a level of difficulty similar to Robocop with precision and paint finish.

It would also have to have shoulders so it would be not only massive but massively expensive I'd guess $1,500+.

As far as an unmasked head that would also be difficult to get a life-size female head sculpt that was universally appealing.

It would be an amazing centerpiece but I don't see F4F putting in the resources and taking the chance to make it happen.

All that said: YES PLEASE, DO WANT.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:21 AM   #10
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Do we know they are doing other busts?
Amaterasu won't be the size or expense of human busts.

And yes Samus could be spectacular but it would be a level of difficulty similar to Robocop with precision and paint finish.

It would also have to have shoulders so it would be not only massive but massively expensive I'd guess $1,500+.

As far as an unmasked head that would also be difficult to get a life-size female head sculpt that was universally appealing.

It would be an amazing centerpiece but I don't see F4F putting in the resources and taking the chance to make it happen.

All that said: YES PLEASE, DO WANT.
Yeah I agree, pff we will be Lucky if she was 1500, a bust of that size and lvl would be one of the most expensive busts ever think ECC lvl, I brought it up only for dreaming haha.
but damn she would look insane !
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote