Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #11
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I see that a lot of people have infinite patience for Tweeterhead, and that's fine. However, I have a few gripes about them. I understand they are short-staffed, but I feel like these are legitimate issues that need to be addressed.

1. The Robin EX Base has NEVER been shown. Its description has changed multiple times. We were promised a look at it AGES ago on Facebook and then told it might be at SDCC. Neither materialized. This has been a huge afterthought, and people who bought the Robin EX should be irritated.

2. On the last livestream, we were essentially told, "Hey, it's free!" No, it's not. You get to keep more of the money than you would if we ordered through Sideshow--which has pretty good customer support (in my experience, and I've had some issues--broken pieces, broken portraits, etc.--which were all rectified by their support). By ordering through Tweeterhead, we are subjected to the understaffed company's customer support. We roll the dice by purchasing the EX--that's not what I'd call free (and they keep more of the profit). Not to mention, it's a little insulting to essentially say, "Well, it's free, so you should have to deal with our constant non-answers."

3. The base is NOT an actual base from what I understand. It seems that it's a connective piece that goes between the Robin and Batman bases. That's NOT an EX BASE. Also, we were told it would include Batgirl. That has since been scrapped and we're told, "Well, she'll look good next to them anyway." Whatever.

4. This company does NOT do what it says it will do. It promises to show something--then takes a week off. Check the livestream. One week they said they'd show the base, the next week they took off. Now it's July--no base. I ordered Superman and was told about a replacement. I'm hoping they still make good on that, but now I'm pretty skeptical.

Now, I do think that a lot of their statues look great. They're reasonably priced and they have some good ideas (even though a lot of the characters' poses are recycled or taken straight from Sideshow--like Superman and Green Lantern). However, I've bought (paid in full) four statues: Superman, Robin, Batman, and Green Lantern.

Superman was a bit of a bust for reasons everyone is aware of already. Robin's statue has been treated like an afterthought. Batman, which I bought to display with Robin (I ordered it AFTER Robin), will now be on a separate base--connected via an EX piece? I guess? And Green Lantern looks awesome, but is a ways away.

I have statues from XM, Sideshow, Prime One, Iron Studios, and all of the big players. I have statues from much smaller studios, too. I have learned PATIENCE. But this just doesn't seem to be good business.

All that being said, I'm super hyped about GL, I hope their Nightwing looks great, and I would like an Aquaman to go with my awesome GL and my so-so Superman.
I think a lot of these concerns stem from Chad being very enthusiastic and optimistic. I never get the sense he takes things lightly, but he can get ahead of himself.

I think for Chad's sanity and for customer service a bit of a scale back could be in order. By that I mean try to focus and resolve what is in front of you and not be overextended.

An example? The Hawkgirl project. I love this idea, I really do. However, it is clear that the expectations and timeline were way out of what was realistic. It was far greater an undertaking and it may suffer a bit as it gets pushed back with all the other pieces in the line. Odds are be last of its kind in the line or if attempted again take all the lessons into account.

I hope Chad knows any emotion stems from place of excitement and passion. Do I wish Donna Troy was here? Yes, but more than anything I'm excited someone finally made a statue of her.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:31 PM   #12
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Do I wish Donna Troy was here? Yes, but more than anything I'm excited someone finally made a statue of her.
This is available now.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #13
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Yeah, you'd think we would have at least seen a drawing of the EX base by now.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #14
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
I get the frustration but if Chad gets few people to handle CS prices will go up and everyone gonna ----- about that. Robin’s EX will be shown, Superman is being redone (what other company re did the whole run before?). With most companies lead times of 12-18 months I don’t see how TH is being any worse than others.
I don't really think he has much of an option at this point...especially if the brand blows up.

I get your frustrations slow17motion. The whole Robin base thing seems to be a "cart before the horse" situation. Everything should've been finalized before it was put up for order. That said, I do believe Chad is doing everything he can to make what we do get worthwhile. As for the CS...it's been weeks since I sent my last email to Chad and no response. It's only Chad right now looking through these with his divided attention, no doubt. He needs to make some hires...things were clearly better when he had Debbie to take care of it and he's apparently working on hiring someone else. ...I have a feeling he'll need more than one person handling CS down the line. Also, the whole way replacements are handled needs to be reevaluated imo. Anyway, I do agree about the growing pains...I don't doubt Chad's passion or eagerness to make all this work...lessons have to be and are being learned. We just have to bare with it for the time being...as frustrating as it can be.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:38 PM   #15
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
This is available now.

I saw this at my local shop and...I'm happy with Tweeterhead.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #16
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I also ordered the Robin Ex trusting Chad will get it right. I also share a bit of the frustration in that I bought all 3 pieces thinking they would be on an Ex base that came with Robin. I have been in retail and customer service for 30 years so it means a lot to me to see companies stand by their word and product. My future orders will depend on how this shakes out. For now I'm holding off on any more Tweeterhead orders until I see what Chad comes up with. In all honesty it seems a bit of a bait and switch even though I trust that isnt what was originally intended.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #17
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
I get the frustration but if Chad gets few people to handle CS prices will go up and everyone gonna ----- about that. Robin’s EX will be shown, Superman is being redone (what other company re did the whole run before?). With most companies lead times of 12-18 months I don’t see how TH is being any worse than others.
Really? Because I've dealt with all of the companies and TH seems to be the worst by far. Robin's EX 'will be shown' is little comfort to those who have been promised that it 'will be shown' for months now--only to be ignored. Furthermore, they've changed the description of the base. At first it was going to include Batgirl--now it isn't. Now it might not even be a BASE--it might be a connective piece (which is NOT a base, but an accessory). Most other studios show you the EX piece when it goes up for preorder. Heck, even TH did that with Green Lantern. This is WAY out of the ordinary.

As far as Superman being redone--I've yet to see it materialize yet, so I won't give them credit for something that hasn't actually transpired. I waited about a YEAR for Superman only to get a piece with sloppy line work, a cape that scratches up the neck and doesn't line up with the collar, and an overall inferior product to what was shown. I'll get the replacement, what, TWO YEARS after placing the order (where I paid in full)? If I'm LUCKY?

Sideshow, for all of their faults, have always done right by me--even if it took a few interactions with them (and long wait times). My Thor Breaker of Brimstone came with THREE broken pieces--all of which were replaced (within a month). Their pieces are on-time most of the time and more of my pieces have arrived EARLY than late (Thor, Captain America, Wolverine--all early by quite a bit). XM and Prime One have delays, but the finished product is always stunning. I know that he doesn't produce them, but Todd from Spec Fiction has customer service that far outshines Tweeterhead--and that's just one guy (one AMAZING guy). I'm sorry, and I don't mean to crap all over TH as I know they're TRYING, but they are FAR inferior.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #18
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I think a lot of these concerns stem from Chad being very enthusiastic and optimistic. I never get the sense he takes things lightly, but he can get ahead of himself.

I think for Chad's sanity and for customer service a bit of a scale back could be in order. By that I mean try to focus and resolve what is in front of you and not be overextended.

An example? The Hawkgirl project. I love this idea, I really do. However, it is clear that the expectations and timeline were way out of what was realistic. It was far greater an undertaking and it may suffer a bit as it gets pushed back with all the other pieces in the line. Odds are be last of its kind in the line or if attempted again take all the lessons into account.

I hope Chad knows any emotion stems from place of excitement and passion. Do I wish Donna Troy was here? Yes, but more than anything I'm excited someone finally made a statue of her.
Yeah, I agree to pretty much all of that. I don't think he's a BAD guy--I think he's very well-intentioned. But they're overextending themselves and setting unrealistic goals and deadlines. They keep introducing new products--but they don't seem to have a handle on what they're doing as of right now.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #19
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
I also ordered the Robin Ex trusting Chad will get it right. I also share a bit of the frustration in that I bought all 3 pieces thinking they would be on an Ex base that came with Robin. I have been in retail and customer service for 30 years so it means a lot to me to see companies stand by their word and product. My future orders will depend on how this shakes out. For now I'm holding off on any more Tweeterhead orders until I see what Chad comes up with. In all honesty it seems a bit of a bait and switch even though I trust that isnt what was originally intended.
Completely agree with everything you wrote. It feels like a bait and switch. It feels like they made a lot of promises they were never sure they could keep (if they ever really intended to). I was not happy with the Superman situation. Robin was the second statue I ordered (and I got Batman afterwards because I knew I'd be getting a base for both). Now I'm around $800-$900 (I ordered Green Lantern, too) into Tweeterhead's statues--and all I have to show for it is a sub-par Superman and the promise of a base that might not even actually be a base (if it's just a connective piece). My housemate and best friend even ordered a Batgirl to throw on the base with Batman and Robin--but I guess he'll just be displaying them separately from them now.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:48 PM   #20
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's probably just taken Chad awhile to get it perfected.

You are getting an entire extra base for the same price as the regular.
I hope it's a base--because it seems like it might just be a connective piece.

Also, I don't really like the thing where Chad went, "It's the same price as the regular, so it's free." It's a very dismissive thing to say, because, in the end--it isn't exactly FREE, is it? Tweeterhead charges the same on their website, but keeps more of the profit. And though I don't have to pay more, I have to endure their terrible customer service, as opposed to Sideshow, who has (comparably) really good customer service.