Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #221
tenyasha
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
According with HMO´s site is sold out now, but you still can finding in great US sites. I´ll pass because I choose Kinetics one, but I still like the final product and would follow future videos about it.
The hmo is better, it has more detail, better paint application, its like 25cm taller, only 100 usd more, but its going to come out at the end of the year and it went out for pre order after the kinetiquettes, plus kinetiquettes has a ---- production speed.
tenyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:20 PM   #222
Augen
The Hulk

I think anyone who owns either (or both) will be very happy. I am impressed at HMOs ambition to have it out so soon. I'm expecting a delay, but be happy to be wrong.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:38 PM   #223
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenyasha View Post
The hmo is better, it has more detail, better paint application, its like 25cm taller, only 100 usd more, but its going to come out at the end of the year and it went out for pre order after the kinetiquettes, plus kinetiquettes has a ---- production speed.

No way HMO is better... more fast, more tall, more expensive, yes, that´s are facts, but nothing of this make a statue better....

Put a lot of details is not going to make a statue better, just confusing

About better paint aplications, are you kidding? You saw the preview on YT of Kinetiquettes Mai? It´s perfect, no issue.... and until now we don´t saw one single video of HMO´s by someone that wasn´t the company... you are basing all your judgement only by images and videos from HMO...

And if sould out, that´s mainly because of Morrigan´s sucess, and prizes, just are facts.

Now what makes a statue better?

We must see the whole concept, for example in HMO the fire kind of came out from the ground, looks like there´s some kind of eruption and she´s jumping from the rocks, there´s nothing to do with Mai moviments... on the other hand, Kinetiquettes fire around her is perfect, the bamboo boat, etc...

Not even start again about the face, there´s no way you say that HMO´s face is more close to Mai than Kinetiquettes... both have acrilic eyes, both have transluced skin, so how HMO is better?

They´re different aproachs, and for technic and artistic point of view, both are good, but Kinetiquettes have more fidelity to the character, that is what matter in the end, at least for me
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #224
outbreak
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post

No way HMO is better... more fast, more tall, more expensive, yes, that´s are facts, but nothing of this make a statue better....

Put a lot of details is not going to make a statue better, just confusing

About better paint aplications, are you kidding? You saw the preview on YT of Kinetiquettes Mai? It´s perfect, no issue.... and until now we don´t saw one single video of HMO´s by someone that wasn´t the company... you are basing all your judgement only by images and videos from HMO...

And if sould out, that´s mainly because of Morrigan´s sucess, and prizes, just are facts.

Now what makes a statue better?

We must see the whole concept, for example in HMO the fire kind of came out from the ground, looks like there´s some kind of eruption and she´s jumping from the rocks, there´s nothing to do with Mai moviments... on the other hand, Kinetiquettes fire around her is perfect, the bamboo boat, etc...

Not even start again about the face, there´s no way you say that HMO´s face is more close to Mai than Kinetiquettes... both have acrilic eyes, both have transluced skin, so how HMO is better?

They´re different aproachs, and for technic and artistic point of view, both are good, but Kinetiquettes have more fidelity to the character, that is what matter in the end, at least for me
Why would you care if someone else thinks that the HMO version is better? And going by your past post I highly doubt you're getting the HMO version anyway. And the likeness argument is laughable because it's entirely based from the individuals opinion and perspective, especially for a character like Mai. Not to mention every company has their own unique flavor of a fictional character's likeness.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:04 AM   #225
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
Why would you care if someone else thinks that the HMO version is better? And going by your past post I highly doubt you're getting the HMO version anyway. And the likeness argument is laughable because it's entirely based from the individuals opinion and perspective, especially for a character like Mai. Not to mention every company has their own unique flavor of a fictional character's likeness.
You´re talking about me, I was all compliments to HMO´s final version... and any argument can be laughable.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:21 PM   #226
Augen
The Hulk

Hi guys.

In our efforts to provide more visibility over the progress of our backlog, here is a quick update on Mai.

We had to make a quick re-engineering of Mai's kimono/gi where the shoulders meet. Which means there will be a seam there. But because she has a rope that hold up the kimono, the seams will be almost hidden under it.

No it won't be detachable. 😅

This is done to provide better integrity to the piece when we assemble and we pack her up.

Final prototype to follow and we will provide you with pics of it for your consideration.

---------------------

Nice bit of transparency explaining need for a seam in design.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:15 PM   #227
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I like how they had to specify that it won't be removable lol
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:06 PM   #228
outbreak
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hopefully it will still ship this year.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:41 AM   #229
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
Hopefully it will still ship this year.
That is optimistic.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:30 AM   #230
ukshaun
Hercules

This production pic looks better than the prototype. I don't have this on pre_order, but i think those that do will be amazed. I'm holding out for HMO - Felicia which i like to think will go up for pre_order in 2020
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote