Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #311
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I haven't seen the printed images. Got any to PM me? I have never minded the added texture or the heels. She flies and uses elements to fight. If she were Pyslocke or Rogue, yea the heels would tick me off. I think you wouldn't mind the modified costume so much if the "crusty hooker boots" where gone and they were just smooth.
I'm assuming you are referring to me?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #312
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
It is silver/grey. A polished gunmetal. NEVER white in the comics though. Cartoon, yes. Comics, no. Her hair and suit were never intended to be the same color. The FOX cartoon did that.

Which makes me wonder if Disney would want ties to a cartoon that doesn't make them money.....

I see nothing white other than her hair, and eyes, in comic images. And the MPQ image (the last) is from a currently running game that marvel approves. And for the record, those comic images span many years and many different artist/colorists.
Yes, but there are other images that look more white. It varies really, but sculptors/painters have produced (IMHO) the more popular white version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	storm.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	106957   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-Black-Panther-16-X-Men-Trading-Card-Variant-Jim-Lee-Storm.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	106958   Click image for larger version

Name:	900197_press01-001.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	106959  
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #313
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think it has been stated that they are showing quite a few mutants at STGCC. This is the only mutant we have 3D rendered pics of, so I hope they will have storm painted in time for the expo. I would hate to see a full line of mutants all unpainted.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #314
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Yes, but there are other images that look more white. It varies really, but sculptors/painters have produced (IMHO) the more popular white version.
Maybe it's just me but I see mostly whites black and blue in her Costume colors by a few artist. Others do use a strong silver/grey shading.
But artist considered it the white storm costume. So i don't know maybe just based on look or original intent. But demona you may single handedly delay this piece LOL
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #315
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
I think it has been stated that they are showing quite a few mutants at STGCC. This is the only mutant we have 3D rendered pics of, so I hope they will have storm painted in time for the expo. I would hate to see a full line of mutants all unpainted.
No there is more. You also have Weapon X, White Magneto, Dark Phoenix (although doubtful she will be printed and ready by STGCC), Professor X (pretty much guarantee he wont be there in physical form), Mr. Sinister, Brown Wolverine and Storm. Just what / who will be down there is unknown at this time. I'm betting we will see at least 3 of them....Weapon X, White Magneto and maybe Storm or Mr. Sinister.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #316
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
No there is more. You also have Weapon X, White Magneto, Dark Phoenix (although doubtful she will be printed and ready by STGCC), Professor X (pretty much guarantee he wont be there in physical form), Mr. Sinister, Brown Wolverine and Storm. Just what / who will be down there is unknown at this time. I'm betting we will see at least 3 of them....Weapon X, White Magneto and maybe Storm or Mr. Sinister.
I just realized when you listed those off that I want all of those except for Storm right now and I am going to be spending a lot of money lol. That's about $5000-5500. That list didn't even include Cyclops which is a must for me. XM is taking all my money!
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #317
Demona
Martian Manhunter

XM was/is using a headshot of Professor X with Cerebro on as their FB profile pic. So I would imagine he will be at least a 3D image of the possible statue.

What I can't wait to see if the baddies that XM does for the X-Men. I hope sooner rather than later we see Juggernaut, Sabretooth, and Omega Red.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #318
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I just realized when you listed those off that I want all of those except for Storm right now and I am going to be spending a lot of money lol. That's about $5000-5500. That list didn't even include Cyclops which is a must for me. XM is taking all my money!
Right now I'm still getting Storm. That could change should it go left after printing/paint.

Dark Phoenix is a lock.

Other than that I need to see what they are going to give us.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #319
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You're right, I totally forgot about those 3D renders because I dont have room to add them to my collection
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #320
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
XM was/is using a headshot of Professor X with Cerebro on as their FB profile pic. So I would imagine he will be at least a 3D image of the possible statue.

What I can't wait to see if the baddies that XM does for the X-Men. I hope sooner rather than later we see Juggernaut, Sabretooth, and Omega Red.
Might see all three at the show at least in 3d render / concept
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote