Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-25-2023, 06:46 PM   #501
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Anyone who thinks we manipulate prices AT ALL will probably keep saying it, and I'll keep saying this...

We price these pieces based on costs we get back from the factory. THE END. Maybe a little tiny bit of add or subtract based on outside factors (like licensing) but it's 99.9% what the factory quotes us, multiplied by what our margins need to be to pay everything off, etc.

Sometimes the price we list them on our site at is a bit different than Sideshow's, or BBTS, or whoever sells our product, and thats strictly based on what they need to do to make it make sense for them. We sell to them whoelsale, then they sell it what they want, the end.

Literally ZERO "oH mAn, imagine IF WE COULD PRICE THIS A BIT MORE BECAUSE THESE COLLECTORS ARE ALREADY HOOKED!" ever goes on, but that stuff is fun to read...

...and Im really excited to see it again, and again, fun!

Thanks again for the support everyone else who wanted it and bought it. Hoping he does well enough to justify Calendar Man!
This is a nice piece, I think its slightly over scaled if the measurement of 16 inches+ is accurate.

a tiny bit of add - Ca-mon vIgo!

If everything is based on the factory that Must have been some crazy factory that quoted the 1/6 joker at $600 and the 1/4 at $1200. I wonder what happened there??!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:08 PM   #502
Igo
Producer
Producer

Joker 1/6 and Joker 1/4 were literally done at two different times, almost a year apart. Remember how I said prices fluctuate?

Ok Im done defending costs, you kids go back to speculating!
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:10 PM   #503
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Joker 1/6 and Joker 1/4 were literally done at two different times, almost a year apart. Remember how I said prices fluctuate?

Ok Im done defending costs, you kids go back to speculating!
just making sure it wasnt that tiny little TH add you mentioned

Old 05-25-2023, 07:17 PM   #504
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

But what started the conversation is that to me and others it no longer seems cost effective to collect the 1:6 scale, based solely on the comparison to the TH 1:4 scale prices. Just comparing 1:4 and 1:6 it seems like we are paying a PREMIUM to continue collecting the smaller scale...which is the line we were interested in collecting from the get-go.

I find this puzzling as TH’s line was (and I still think is...maybe you know better) a 1:6 scale line.

Just a bit of advice from a fellow long time collector, maybe instead keeping the prices 99.9% to the T of what the factory quotes you, maybe move the prices around just a little bit to to make the 1:6 scale line a bit more reasonable because I and others think the 1:6 scale is a bit unreasonable at $550 delivered for a straight forward 1:6 scale museum pose figure (no matter how awaited and desirable the character and representation is).
Old 05-25-2023, 07:37 PM   #505
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
But what started the conversation is that to me and others it no longer seems cost effective to collect the 1:6 scale, based solely on the comparison to the TH 1:4 scale prices. Just comparing 1:4 and 1:6 it seems like we are paying a PREMIUM to continue collecting the smaller scale...which is the line we were interested in collecting from the get-go.

I find this puzzling as TH?s line was (and I still think is...maybe you know better) a 1:6 scale line.

Just a bit of advice from a fellow long time collector, maybe instead keeping the prices 99.9% to the T of what the factory quotes you, maybe move the prices around just a little bit to to make the 1:6 scale line a bit more reasonable because I and others think the 1:6 scale is a bit unreasonable at $550 delivered for a straight forward 1:6 scale museum pose figure (no matter how awaited and desirable the character and representation is).
So what you're saying is, I mean, the advice you're giving us, is to LOWER our margins on the 1:6 scale statues, make LESS money, so it's cheaper for you? Just because you think it's kind of expensive? Because you couldnt possibly be asking us to RAISE (gouge) the prices of the 1/4 scale, so it seems more fair to 1/6 collectors, right? I doubt you'd want us to "move the prices around just a little bit" to be in our favor, right?

Man I love that. Thanks for the advice...

Ok, seriously, Im done now, stop baiting me back into the conversation. CALENDAR MAN!!!
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:16 PM   #506
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
So what you're saying is, I mean, the advice you're giving us, is to LOWER our margins on the 1:6 scale statues, make LESS money, so it's cheaper for you? Just because you think it's kind of expensive? Because you couldnt possibly be asking us to RAISE (gouge) the prices of the 1/4 scale, so it seems more fair to 1/6 collectors, right? I doubt you'd want us to "move the prices around just a little bit" to be in our favor, right?

Man I love that. Thanks for the advice...

Ok, seriously, Im done now, stop baiting me back into the conversation. CALENDAR MAN!!!
Youre absolutely correct Im asking you to gouge the 1:4 scale (or fail) collectors. They are asking to be gouged. They have a bigger is better inferiority complex, they deserve to be gouged considerably more than the average 1:6 collector. Plus remember, the smaller scale 1:6 and under statue collectors are the survivors from the golden age of the hobby for what thats worth

But in all seriousness PLEASE do what you can to make the 1:6 line more affordable. There has to be a way without sacrificing quality. This 1:6 Two-Face is more than kind of expensive, its too much. Go back to the super powers threads you will see despite me being a pain in the ass ...all I wanted from the SP 1:6 line was Batman rogues- but not at $500 for a simple museum pose. Not trying to be harsh but this two face makes me feel better about buying that ridiculously overpriced Prime1 1:3 Predator bust for $899 + shipping. On the other hand I can justify Your AWESOME He-Man on battle cat. It’s A LOT but it makes sense, despite the sticker shock.

You guys make super nice stuff, I hope you continue to do great things but please get creative!!!! Fire the cleaning ladies or use DIY RID-X on your septic system or something because $550 delivered for 1:6 scale statue of a simple man in a two tone suit with a chewed up face a chewed up hand is getting out of control.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:58 PM   #507
Peedi
The Secret Six

When it comes to financials, a business has to think like a business, not like a fan.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:17 PM   #508
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I wonder if Tweeterhead will ever have the option of producing one of Sideshow's premium formats as a 1/6 piece. I bet Penguin would sell well at 1/6.
I would be in for that, but I?m not holding my breath.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:36 PM   #509
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Can we see this Two-Face 1/6 next to the other 1/6 statues already released, especially those from the Batman universe.

Regardless of the base size affecting the height, my concern as a fan, collector of multiple Tweeterhead pieces, is the size disparity of the 1/6 characters themselves. I would have purchased The Flash statue, but the size of his body as compared to earlier 1/6 Tweeterhead statues made this a tough decision. The SuperPowers Batman fits well with the new Superman maquette. The size variance on what to expect is confusing as a collector.

I love the work produced, but I would like Tweeterhead to address this size variance so fans and collectors have a clear understanding of what to expect going forward.

I used to frequent this forum on a regular basis, but have had life stuff stealing a majority of my free time. So if the below questions have already been addressed in other threads I apologize in advance. (I looked through threads, but don?t easily find answers to these questions.)

Is the Super Powers line done?

Was the Super Powers line 1/6?

Is this new DC Maquette line a 1/6 scale, and expected to match the size/scale of earlier releases?

I get the new line is supposed to feature bigger more detailed bases, my main concern is the size, scale of the depicted characters.

For Two-Face any plans to produce a more classic greenish gray portrait/hand? May be unlikely Tweeterhead will share this info as to not affect current sales. Super Powers Batman got a late black cape/cowl release. Poison Ivy got a green skin release. Why not share this info earlier to fans and collectors so we can make better informed decisions?

Thanks
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:45 PM   #510
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Brutah View Post
Can we see this Two-Face 1/6 next to the other 1/6 statues already released, especially those from the Batman universe.
My understanding is that he'll be displayed with the Joker on Throne Maquette and the Scarecrow Maquette at Monsterpalooza next weekend.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote