Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 01-12-2018, 09:13 PM   #31
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Would personally like it painted in yellow, black, silver instead.

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:02 AM   #32
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Proportions look more like Puck from Alpha Flight, than it does Luke Cage. I think the lower leg is far too short. Looks funky as hell to me.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #33
prescribeddrone
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

For the price increase, they missed the mark with Cage. If I ever get this, I see myself waiting to get this for cheaper on Amazon.

Sorry, I love what Koto does but if spend $70, I'd rather add another 10 bucks and buy a Mezco figure or buy a cheaper DST statue. I liked the ARTFX+ line because of the price, but now it's not really worth it to me... unless you really, really love that particular character, I guess.
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:30 AM   #34
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Any chance of seeing other statues in the line at NY toy fair?

I thought Daredevil was awesome however Luke doesn’t seem to particularly fit with other marvel artfx+ statues so not sure about the whole line this time!

Also when will Daredevil be released? Originally it was gonna be March, but this seems to have been delayed!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:34 PM   #35
UnicornPegasus

Finally! Jessica is up on their FB.

I wish the jacket were brown or black though. Having it be so heavily blue makes it match the jeans too much, and is too off-brand from her normal looks (TV or comic). They are kinda failing with the colors on them, man. (Also, I don't think Jessica would have heavily made up lipstick on. I know, I know, that's super picky but I have two fave characters, and she's one, so I'm gonna be picky!)

EDIT:
Quick photoshop recolor of the jacket:

Black looks SO much better.

The more I look at it the more I hate it though. She doesn't wear Allstars in the comics or Netflix series either. I fee like no one actually new a thing about the character before creating this.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #36
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

I can’t decide if Luke Cage or Jessica Jones is the worst ARTFX+ of all Marvel lines from Koto. Good thing is I am not interested in both of these characters so seeing them done wrongly does not hurt me - focusing on Defenders for 2018 will also help me save from money and space for the 2019’ 1/10 Koto’s.

Seems I will only get red suit Daredevil (have to go with the red forever) for that scale from Koto this year which I already pre-ordered.
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #37
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Carnage View Post
I can’t decide if Luke Cage or Jessica Jones is the worst ARTFX+ of all Marvel lines from Koto. Good thing is I am not interested in both of these characters so seeing them done wrongly does not hurt me - focusing on Defenders for 2018 will also help me save from money and space for the 2019’ 1/10 Koto’s.

Seems I will only get red suit Daredevil (have to go with the red forever) for that scale from Koto this year which I already pre-ordered.
I agree, these two have been huge disappointments. The color scheme of Luke and the head sculpt look terrible. I don't like the color of Jessica's jacket or her abnormally large hands. Daredevil may be the only piece I get. Hopefully Iron Fist can salvage this line somewhat.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #38
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
I agree, these two have been huge disappointments. The color scheme of Luke and the head sculpt look terrible. I don't like the color of Jessica's jacket or her abnormally large hands. Daredevil may be the only piece I get. Hopefully Iron Fist can salvage this line somewhat.
All I can see are the hands now. Once seen, you can't unsee! They really are too large. The more I look at this one, the more disappointed I become.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:31 PM   #39
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Luke Cage is already on PO & seems like they're sticking with the blue colour scheme for this "power couple".

Think they should extend Jessica's right arm, make the fists smaller (add fingerless gloves), & fix that left arm fitting. I agree, a black jacket & not red lipstick would look better too.

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:24 PM   #40
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
Luke Cage is already on PO & seems like they're sticking with the blue colour scheme for this "power couple".

Think they should extend Jessica's right arm, make the fists smaller (add fingerless gloves), & fix that left arm fitting. I agree, a black jacket & not red lipstick would look better too.

Good catch on the arm fitting, that is terrible. Your colors look great.