Old 12-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #51
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post

For 2017, my main goals are

1)JRJR Punisher Splash page
2) Dell'otto Painting

If I land either of those, it will be a great year!
Got Both

Actually 2 Dell'Otto Paintings....but the JRJR Punisher Splash is definitively my best all-time get! I highly doubt I'll buy anything in 2018...still trying to pay myself back for these purchases.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #52
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher1919 View Post
Got Both

Actually 2 Dell'Otto Paintings....but the JRJR Punisher Splash is definitively my best all-time get! I highly doubt I'll buy anything in 2018...still trying to pay myself back for these purchases.
My friend, you will certainly still be in the game in 2018, who are you kidding?!?! You've had an unbelievable run.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:23 PM   #53
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

yeah, he'll be back.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:30 PM   #54
RoscoeDeGama
Fantastic Four

I have failed....I bought way too much in 2017! It was nuts-I have a lot to post. A lot I can't wait to share!
Going to try to focus on posting art here and on CAF, better scans, more posts here and just get more involved in the community and that sort of thing that to wrap up 2017. Isn't the friends and talking it all out the best part anyhow? Going get my fix that way if you know what I mean-cheaper and will make me look forward to future purchases next summer!
RoscoeDeGama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #55
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoeDeGama View Post
I have failed....I bought way too much in 2017! It was nuts-I have a lot to post. A lot I can't wait to share!
Going to try to focus on posting art here and on CAF, better scans, more posts here and just get more involved in the community and that sort of thing that to wrap up 2017. Isn't the friends and talking it all out the best part anyhow? Going get my fix that way if you know what I mean-cheaper and will make me look forward to future purchases next summer!
So true Jimmy. In my early days of the hobby I was so focused on acquisition and getting that next fix that I missed a lot of great stuff going on around me. I like to take more time these days to interact with other collectors and appreciate other collections. I use the gallery watch feature on CAF to keep up with people and collections that resonate with me. My goal for 2018 to attempt to enjoy the hobby as much as ever but at a decreased spending level. I couldn’t have imagined how this would have been possible at one point – now it is something I look forward to. Can’t wait to see what you post!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #56
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion009 View Post
My resolutions for next year:
1) Try to rein myself in with the side-purchases that don't really fit my collection. When I attend shows I tend to buy stuff much too impulsively. This stuff always seems to be what I sell off when needing funds for pieces that better fit my collection, too...its a vicious cycle...lol.
2) Been wanting an Art Adams piece for years. My number one collecting goal for the year is to acquire a nice Adams piece that fits in my collection. Even going so far as to sell off a bunch of ancillary items in the collection to help fund it.
3) If I get the Adams out of the way, I'd also like a nice Anacleto piece.
4) A broad-ranging goal....just want to add some more nice Valkyrie, Gamora, Medusa, and possibly a couple of Harley Quinn published pages to the collection. Nothing super-expensive, just some nice examples. More Pelletier pages would be great.

That's it for the year!
Well, its been another year. It seems I did manage goal #1 pretty well this year. I bought less than 10 pieces in a year for the collection for the first time probably since I started collecting (2001).
Goal #2...no dice so far. Didn't have the funds saved, and did not come across a piece worth going into debt over.
Goal #3...I sort of got a start on this...I set up an Anacleto Harley Quinn commission, but no idea when that might be completed.
Goal #4...I added a Clay Mann Valkyrie page that had been on my CAF Want List for a few years, so that was a score. Also added my first Jim Lee page (and it was a splash of Harley riding on a Man-Bat!). Didn't think I'd have the opportunity to acquire a Jim Lee piece that fit my collection, so it never even occurred to me to add it to the Resolutions for the year...but that is pretty much a resolution of a decade finally completed. A couple of other nice Harley pages added, as well as a big faux cover commission from Tom Grummett that I'd been meaning to get for a couple years. So, while the quantity went down this year, I still managed to pick up some pieces that really hit the spot in my collection.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote