Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 AM   #51
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
No statue so far has had her blazing both hand cannons at once which is actually a pretty iconic pose for her. I love it.

FYI
Recently myself and my cop buddy tried this with our 1911s, um yeah, your not gonna hit sh**! LOL Nearly impossible to aim with any accuracy. But I will be trying it again.
Jumping through the air firing two pistols is pretty harsh for hitting anything, however if you practice on the same target enough and get used to locking your arms straight no matter what you can do it. However as soon as you go to another target that is even a little bit of a different distance away you are once again ----ed :P Remember to put a bunch of mattresses to land on.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:00 AM   #52
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I know video games and movies wouldn't lie to me.
I have to keep trying!
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:55 AM   #53
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I've only gotten one statue from Gaming Heads, the Mass Effect Garrus one and I will say the production version I got looks just as good as the prototype if not better... Now that's only based on one statue... so take it as you may...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I've got two GH statues so far (Skyrim Dragon born, and Garrus) both, IMHO, have been on the money compared to the prototype! I don't own the first Lara Croft statue they produced, but the in hand pics were spot on with the prototype!

However, heres the thing; [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I'm not sure if this is how GH operates, though I think they aim for realistic paint jobs that can be reproduced not an advertisement piece. But some things [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Got the last GH Lara and it's a really great piece, overall very close to the proto. Eyes were a little bloodshot but she did almost drown in the ocean...

fwiw don't get thrown off by the negative threads on her, they're bout 10 times worse than the Bruce thread and she was way closer to the proto than he was.
Thanks, guys.

Worse than the Bruce thread? Yikes.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:43 AM   #54
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
Ordered the EX, she's about the same height as Snow Day and Guardian of light statue so should go well with them.
how can they be the same height? Snow Day was 1/5th scale and Guardian of Light was 1/4th

She's a 1/4th scale statue, so she'll go good with GoL and of course GHs first Lara
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:47 AM   #55
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
I would be absolutely blown away if the final in-hand piece had that level of detail. I have my doubts.

Having said that I like this statue a lot.
And I'm fast becoming a fan of Gaming Heads.

I have the Gaming Heads "Young Lara" (or whatever it's officially called). It's a great statue but the face is slightly off IMO which is annoying....

This being the older, original Croft, I like the face on it. I like the pose. I'll probably PO it and hope that the final version is as good as the prototype.
This Lara was always highly sexualised so I'd appreciate it if they worked on her derrière a bit more and took some of the gloss off her legs.

In the long run I'd like to see another young Lara from the new games.
I suspect they are working on one for the upcoming 'The Rise Of The Tomb Raider': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2OCJX5pQo
If they could nail the face this time round that would be amazing.
Love this statue. You know when I went back and looked at the original pics by Gaming Heads and my statue I really couldn't see many differences in the face even though like you I thought it seemed off when I opened it.

Good review BTW.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:14 AM   #56
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
how can they be the same height? Snow Day was 1/5th scale and Guardian of Light was 1/4th

She's a 1/4th scale statue, so she'll go good with GoL and of course GHs first Lara
Well there's only about 2 inches in height difference between the GoL and Snow Day statues even if they are of different scales.

At a glance you won't notice they're of different scale unless you closely compare their proportions.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #57
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Love this statue. You know when I went back and looked at the original pics by Gaming Heads and my statue I really couldn't see many differences in the face even though like you I thought it seemed off when I opened it.

Good review BTW.
I haven't gone back to the proto pics.
From "proto" to "in-hand" wasn't my issue so much as I just felt the final face wasn't as good / representative of her in the game.....

Thanks for watching the review!

I didn't mind the blood shot eyes so much, like others.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #58
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Looks nice and is the Lara I love. I would get it but I'm cutting way back on any new purchases
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #59
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow, Gaming Heads is definitely getting more and more of my attention these days. I'm loving the Mass Effect statues and who doesn't love tomb Raider? My only complaint is in regards to their EX's. Gaming Heads EX's are even less exciting than Sideshow's as of late. Normally that wouldn't phase me, but the fact that Gaming Heads actually charges more for their EX's really compounds the disappointment.

So far I have ordered Tali, Liara, and Garrus from their Mass Effect line and the new Lara Croft. Tali's Ex comes with a 2nd hand gun, which isn't as nice as the standard gun. Liara comes with a switch out right hand with a biotic effect that I will definitely not be using. Looks like a blob of Jello is attacking her hand. Garrus's Ex comes with a 2nd gun, the Phaeston, which is kinda blah. And Lara's Ex comes with a Staff of Osiris, which is actually the only one that I really like. Yet its costing me almost $100 more to get the Ex for these 4 statues.

Gaming Heads needs to either get rid of the additional charge for the EX or start producing some EX's that are actually worth it because so far, they have really failed in this regard. I am still buying the Ex's because as everyone knows, they are more sought after than the regular editions, which makes them easier to sell if need be.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #60
Honored Knight
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Pre-ordered Exclusive!
Honored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote