Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Luminous
Cyclops

BioShock Infinite - WARNING SPOILERS

Kind of surprised we aren't already talking about this game. It looks insane.

Awesome teaser:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/q...-debut-trailer

Even more amazing trailer featuring gameplay:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/v...merica-trailer

Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

i initially had a pre-order on the game...after repeated delays with it though, I just kinda lost interest.

I'll own it one day, but no desire to purchase day 1. My pre-order was cancelled, I'll just pick it up in the bargain bins
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
i initially had a pre-order on the game...after repeated delays with it though, I just kinda lost interest.

I'll own it one day, but no desire to purchase day 1. My pre-order was cancelled, I'll just pick it up in the bargain bins
Yep, same thing here. Only way I get it Day one is if I find a promo going on for this. Otherwise I'll wait.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Looks good, but no rush for me..

Loved the first Bioshock, but I didn't buy/play the second since the inclusion of multiplayer in what was already an amazing game turned me off... and the setting seemed much the same as the first. I wiki'd the plot though; interesting.

I hope Infinite doesn't tie into the second game. Barring that.. it looks awesome.

Realistically, I have the time to snatch up a cheap Bioshock 2 and have it beaten before Infinite's even released.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have the Songbird edition PO'd...can't wait.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Looks good, but no rush for me..

Loved the first Bioshock, but I didn't buy/play the second since the inclusion of multiplayer in what was already an amazing game turned me off... and the setting seemed much the same as the first. I wiki'd the plot though; interesting.

I hope Infinite doesn't tie into the second game. Barring that.. it looks awesome.

Realistically, I have the time to snatch up a cheap Bioshock 2 and have it beaten before Infinite's even released.
I don't understand this logic. I see it all the time. Why does the inclusion of multiplayer stop a person from experiencing the single player?

Don't want multiplayer? Don't play it.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

really looking forward to this, bioshock is one of my favourite fps not bothered by the delay though I have a TON of games to play before this released.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
Buddhboy
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
really looking forward to this, bioshock is one of my favourite fps not bothered by the delay though I have a TON of games to play before this released.
Buddhboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #9
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

It was more that the scenery looked very much the same... granted, I think the storyline was a bit different, but I just spent two playthroughs in Rapture.. wasn't up for more.

.. but, as far as sp vs. mp? I think some people are turned off by sp games that incorporate mp in later releases because the efforts spent on the mp takes away from the main focus being the sp; that's not ALWAYS the case... single-player content sells single-player games, first and foremost, but sometimes.. eyes glaze over on production teams and they think the game will do better if they can grab some more of the Halo/CoD mp nuts out there.

It might sell a few more copies, but people don't buy Bioshock or ME3 or AC2+ or any number of other games for their 12th hour mp-inclusion... that's unnecessary icing (granted, ME3's mp seems to be popular?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I don't understand this logic. I see it all the time. Why does the inclusion of multiplayer stop a person from experiencing the single player?

Don't want multiplayer? Don't play it.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Luminous
Cyclops

If a developer loses sight or focus of their single player campaign due to the inclusion of multiplayer, that is certainly a valid concern. I just don't know if that happens very much these days. I can't remember the last time I felt the single player was lacking due to the inclusion of multiplayer.

Either way, I think you'll be happy to know that Infinite does not come with a multiplayer option.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...shock-infinite