Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-23-2019, 08:30 PM   #231
Augen
Metal Men

Yes, I'm well aware of everything you said.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:58 PM   #232
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Yes, I'm well aware of everything you said.
I just can’t imagine Disney green lighting a sequel to a film that had likely loss money for Fox Studios. As it is Disney has supposedly decimated Fox’s original release slate post merger. Here’s hoping that Alita made a bundle in the digital/blu-Ray/rental market, at least enough to cover the P&A budget.

Though of course if James Cameron through his weight around, I guess anything is possible. If only he had directed the film, that may have enticed more moviegoers to see the film the first time around. Though it’s crazy to think that he has ‘only’ directed a total of 8 films.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 09:32 PM   #233
Augen
Metal Men

The path forward for Alita is slow burn and cult status given its box office performance. It wasn't so bad to kill it, but it does need ancillary income (merchandise) to fill the void.

I doubt Disney will bother with it, but I believe Cameron owns the IP in film form so he could potentially go elsewhere. Of course if he wants it and Avatar 2 makes over a billion he may get it made as he did the first with someone else as a passion project.

Michael Bay got Pain and Gain for doing another Transformers and I believe Christopher Nolan got Inception for doing Dark Knight Rises.

I won't ignore it is a tough path ahead for Alita and I think the sequel would rein in the budget a bit, but these days IP is King so a studio could take a chance
Old 09-23-2019, 09:38 PM   #234
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
The path forward for Alita is slow burn and cult status given its box office performance. It wasn't so bad to kill it, but it does need ancillary income (merchandise) to fill the void.

I doubt Disney will bother with it, but I believe Cameron owns the IP in film form so he could potentially go elsewhere. Of course if he wants it and Avatar 2 makes over a billion he may get it made as he did the first with someone else as a passion project.

Michael Bay got Pain and Gain for doing another Transformers and I believe Christopher Nolan got Inception for doing Dark Knight Rises.

I won't ignore it is a tough path ahead for Alita and I think the sequel would rein in the budget a bit, but these days IP is King so a studio could take a chance
You’re not wrong there. It was pretty much the only reason Disney bought Fox to begin with. Their IP and catalog for Disney+ and Hulu.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:09 PM   #235
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I just can’t imagine Disney green lighting a sequel to a film that had likely loss money for Fox Studios. As it is Disney has supposedly decimated Fox’s original release slate post merger. Here’s hoping that Alita made a bundle in the digital/blu-Ray/rental market, at least enough to cover the P&A budget.

Though of course if James Cameron through his weight around, I guess anything is possible. If only he had directed the film, that may have enticed more moviegoers to see the film the first time around. Though it’s crazy to think that he has ‘only’ directed a total of 8 films.
A sequel will get made eventually. This plays into what Disney is all about with a female "of color" protagonist.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:19 PM   #236
superdude
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

Yeah at this rate I only see a sequel being greenlit if Cameron actually committed to directing it. Because there's no way a studio would pass that up.

But unfortunately he's too wrapped up in Avatar for that to happen.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #237
Cromulon
Justice League

There will be a sequel whether the studio likes it or not. James Cameron always makes/produces sequels, it might take 10+ years lol but Robert Rodriguez likes to leave stories unfinished. So who knows whats going to happen.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #238
Augen
Metal Men

In production!
Old 12-07-2019, 05:46 AM   #239
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:

In production!
Wow, we might see this before Aug of 2020!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #240
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The EX portrait isn't worth $300 to me. I don't care for the extra scrap it comes with. Deluxe should've come with the other body/suit.
MegatronG1 is online now   Reply With Quote