Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #11
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hey guys, I've never bought anything from efx, but I really want that Falcon. Reading all the comments, are they really this terrible? So if they do put the Falcon on PO then people should expect it in 2 years lol? Any info on these guys would be awesome!
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:50 PM   #12
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
Hey guys, I've never bought anything from efx, but I really want that Falcon. Reading all the comments, are they really this terrible? So if they do put the Falcon on PO then people should expect it in 2 years lol? Any info on these guys would be awesome!
Well let's put it this way. The EFX falcon was first shown around 2008-2009 with a different base and was "coming soon". The Boba Fett and Stormtrooper Legend helmets were shown around the same time (not complete). No pre order exists for those yet.
The last major PO they took was for the Biker Scout helmet both Legend and Limited edition. Those were ordered around 2013-2014ish. They keep getting delayed. Then EFX just offered all the customers who bought the Scout Trooper helmets a "free" PCR Vader Helmet. Free being if they accepted it then they forfeited their chances of any sort of refund for the Biker Scout helmets which are still "getting fixed".
So not to burst your bubble but EFX is notorious for horrendous customer service.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:57 PM   #13
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

No bursting. I didn't want to hear it but damn that's horrendous, WOW. How they keep in business this way is beyond me. Thank you for the info fastball!
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:27 AM   #14
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedsushi View Post
No bursting. I didn't want to hear it but damn that's horrendous, WOW. How they keep in business this way is beyond me. Thank you for the info fastball!
It's really sad because when they do make something it's pretty nice ie Luke X-Wing helmet(s), Luke reveal ROTJ lightsaber, Vader legend helmet etc.

I myself would be all over their planned Luke ESB reveal but with no prototypes, photos, etc it's hard to get excited for any news from them.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:18 AM   #15
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

It seems like eFx is a secondary business to whoever owns it. It's like something that somebody does on the side whenever they feel like it. There's no other way to describe the situation that is eFx collectibles.

Of course Star Wars isn't the only thing they do, but many of their Marvel pieces have been delayed for years. It's clear that whatever their situation is, they aren't making bank off their business because they aren't trying hard enough. They release something every so often to hold on to a license and what profits they make probably keeps them content with life. That's fine. Maybe the owner wants to be around to watch his grand kids grow up or whatever. It's just irritating as ---- that we have to suffer being starved of the collectibles we want so they can watch their grand kids grow up, or whatever the case may be...

I can empathize with not wanting your business to control your life, to desire freedom. But 8 years for the falcon is damn well pushing it and maybe it's time you let someone else who cares take the license off your hands(assuming the delay isn't because they lost the license for awhile). Assuming it goes up for PO next month, I don't even know if I want to throw my money at it knowing it may well be YEARS before it's released. Who needs that kind of uncertainty? You figure that they darn well should be ready to roll with PO coming out and a 8 year delay but LOL not if you consider their track record.

The one problem with this hobby(if you don't count necessary evils) is that some producers tend to have ties with studios from their past work relationship and whatnot and at times that means they have an advantage to obtaining a license. I haven't been around long but I've seen several examples of it already. That may be what's really going on at eFx but I can't say for certain. I do know for certain that it's unfair to other producers and collectors when somebody sits on their license without fear of losing it and maybe a stipulation that they have to sell one item once every year or five.

I'm fine with the buddy-buddy advantage thing as long as people produce ---- and release it. Otherwise GTFO of the way and come back when you're ready for prime time.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #16
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
It seems like eFx is a secondary business to whoever owns it. It's like something that somebody does on the side whenever they feel like it. There's no other way to describe the situation that is eFx collectibles.

Of course Star Wars isn't the only thing they do, but many of their Marvel pieces have been delayed for years. It's clear that whatever their situation is, they aren't making bank off their business because they aren't trying hard enough. They release something every so often to hold on to a license and what profits they make probably keeps them content with life. That's fine. Maybe the owner wants to be around to watch his grand kids grow up or whatever. It's just irritating as ---- that we have to suffer being starved of the collectibles we want so they can watch their grand kids grow up, or whatever the case may be...

I can empathize with not wanting your business to control your life, to desire freedom. But 8 years for the falcon is damn well pushing it and maybe it's time you let someone else who cares take the license off your hands(assuming the delay isn't because they lost the license for awhile). Assuming it goes up for PO next month, I don't even know if I want to throw my money at it knowing it may well be YEARS before it's released. Who needs that kind of uncertainty? You figure that they darn well should be ready to roll with PO coming out and a 8 year delay but LOL not if you consider their track record.

The one problem with this hobby(if you don't count necessary evils) is that some producers tend to have ties with studios from their past work relationship and whatnot and at times that means they have an advantage to obtaining a license. I haven't been around long but I've seen several examples of it already. That may be what's really going on at eFx but I can't say for certain. I do know for certain that it's unfair to other producers and collectors when somebody sits on their license without fear of losing it and maybe a stipulation that they have to sell one item once every year or five.

I'm fine with the buddy-buddy advantage thing as long as people produce ---- and release it. Otherwise GTFO of the way and come back when you're ready for prime time.
Very well said and so true. Doesn't Bryan have connections to Lucasfilm? Like he's best friends with some of the hot shots there.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #17
klwN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Gino posted this yesterday on the other forum:

"Lightsabers are much easier to manufacture than helmets so we anticipate these moving through the process much more quickly."

This is our single ray of hope for now.

Oh yeah and also:

"They are not going to be PCR but full on metal replicas."

I really, really want them to deliver this time but it's very hard to be optimistic with eFX. We'll see.
klwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:02 AM   #18
Qosby
Doh!

You hit the nail on the head in more ways than one.
Rumor is that eFx has the Rogue One license too. If the movie ends up being great it's going to make people even more upset if that turns out to be true.
I really despise how this company conducts itself. At this point they should just pack up all their vaporware prototypes and turn the business into a road show where attendees can pay a dollar to see some in-development products behind a black curtain. I hope they know how much of a joke they have become to the community. That they work with "Nice models" guy is reason enough to stay away, he's
another one that goes radio silence after he takes your money. Somebody I know had to pester him for 6 months to get a refund, all communication ceased the day they sent their payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

Qosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:25 AM   #19
ottorino
The X-Men

Guess the best place to buy accurate Star Wars stuff ?
https://collectibles.starwars.com/
ottorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:32 AM   #20
Qosby
Doh!

If you're just into overpriced Force Awakens stuff, then yeah :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottorino View Post
Guess the best place to buy accurate Star Wars stuff ?
https://collectibles.starwars.com/
Qosby is offline   Reply With Quote