Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-15-2020, 09:05 AM   #3651
Demona
Martian Manhunter

My longshot hero character that I would buy is Blink. Fun colors, great design and I love her power set.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #3652
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Blob and Toad statue together sounds awesome. Good idea.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:18 AM   #3653
darren1228
Zot

Blob figure with Toad proximity base would probably make the most sense.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:41 AM   #3654
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Would love to see a 1/4 Jim Lee style Jubilee and have to think at some point someone SS XM or another will get around to it.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #3655
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Would love to see a 1/4 Jim Lee style Jubilee and have to think at some point someone SS XM or another will get around to it.
Same here. I'd love a Dazzler too, in her blue outfit.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:39 PM   #3656
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Blob and Toad statue together sounds awesome. Good idea.
That would be great. I think SS can sell 2000 Blob with Toad statues easily.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #3657
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

I think SS needs to round out the most basic characters on both sides good and bad. From a collector’s standpoint the collection isn’t complete without basic characters some of which are the most beloved characters especially when it comes to the good guys. I’m talking about Storm, Iceman, Beast and Nightcrawler. And even though he’s not as exiting imo lol let’s throw in Xavier as well. I mean you have to. No x-men collection or team is complete without Prof X. And yet, we have yet to see SS deliver a Prof X. More on the debate of whether or not these characters would sell or not in a sec.

So I just did a 2 second google search and just typed in x-men bad guys. From this list of 14, here’s the most basic bad guys i think SS needs to make for their X-men collection and mine lol to feel complete. It doesn’t matter how obscure or unpopular they are to the general public. I think these are foundational cornerstone however you want to call it, characters for an X-men bad guy roster. Mentioned below are only the characters they haven’t made.
  • Pyro
  • Mister Sinister
  • Toad
  • Omega Red
  • Blob
I’m also going to include Sauron but he’s more of on the outside looking in imo. However would love to see him in PF or maq form all the same. And I’d like to get a new Apocalypse as well.

So in terms of whether or not these characters would sell Prof X included, I think of course they would sell. There’s enough collectors and fans in general that the edition sizes they have for these are relatively small in comparison. And if they don’t want to sit in inventory for more than a year or 2 then simply make it a smaller run. For these lesser popular characters they could do 250-500 for an Ex and up to 1000 for the reg. Just reiterating now, there are enough fans to move numbers like that without any serious worry. I think we all hate when a line just seems to die for no apparent reason and then speculation starts that well maybe SS isn’t going to take a risk on this character or that. Prices have only gone up in this hobby over the past 10 years and product is still moving even in the after market where it’s usually considerably more expensive. Someone mentioned Domino earlier and I think she’s a good example of SS doing one of the more obscure characters. And she was executed where the results are impressive. I think it’s a good example that if they can deliver impressive work not matter how obscure, it will sell. For me, Taskmaster is another character I think of where I didn’t know anything about this character and probably would’ve had no prior interest. But the prototype is done so well that I leaning towards adding it to my collection.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #3658
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Here’s my most basic characters I think of when it comes to both sides the good guys and bad guys and the one’s I’d like to see SS do to complete it before you’d get into the more obscure unpopular random characters.

Good guys
  • Cyclops
  • Wolverine
  • Jean Grey
  • Rogue
  • Gambit
  • Psylocke
  • Colossus
  • Cable
  • Deadpool

Sill need:
  • Storm
  • Beast
  • Nightcrawler
  • Iceman
  • Jubilee
  • Archangel
  • Bishop
  • Morph

Bad Guys
  • Magneto
  • Mystique
  • Juggernaut
  • Sabretooth
  • Emma Frost
  • Apocalypse

Still need:
  • Pyro
  • Mister Sinister
  • Omega Red
  • Toad
  • Blob
  • Redo Apocalyse

Then we can start getting into the more obscure characters the ones I’d consider less foundational.
  • Good guys and bad:
  • Havok
  • Banshee
  • Shadowcat/Kitty Pryde
  • Sauron
  • Redo Sentinel

And really with this list I’d probably leave off Cable Bishop and Deadpool as foundational basic characters. I think they’re more of on the fringe for me but I’m definitely glad to have a character like Cable. And I feel like now that they’ve done Cable they need to do Bishop. Those two sort of go hand in hand imo. Certainly Deadpool for an xmen collection but not totally necessary for my basic X-men team. Deadpool is more of an outcast in that regard the way I see it. Sorry if I left anyone out.

Last edited by MASTERSAFARA; 09-15-2020 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Coding error
Old 09-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #3659
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
That would be great. I think SS can sell 2000 Blob with Toad statues easily.
They couldn’t sell 2000 Flash pfs.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:33 PM   #3660
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

I think SS gets people in an uproar because of the way these release these when they throw a monkey wrench like domino into the cog wheel. She’s just an example but a good one because what if they didn’t end up making characters like Storm for this new line. I don’t see how you can leave Storm out but had included Domino in along the way seemingly at random and call it good.