Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Question does kotobukiya fine art statues still grew up in value?

Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hard to tell with the newer ones, as any statues that are distributed through Diamond often end up at retailers who're not equipped to sell them, hence discounts from sitting in stock so long. Diamond Select itself is also releasing cheaper alternatives as competition, so that factors into how fast the Fine Arts line sells out.

I don't imagine the older pieces increasing in value, as ones like the Spider-Man and DRS Magneto had already peaked around the $900-1K mark but don't really sell for that anymore. Veteran collectors who held this line in prestige have moved on to larger scales and customs with all the various options available compared to when the line debuted. Unless a new collector absolutely loves those sculpts enough to pay flipper prices, I think most will just sit on eBay until prices level out again.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Hard to tell with the newer ones, as any statues that are distributed through Diamond often end up at retailers who're not equipped to sell them, hence discounts from sitting in stock so long. Diamond Select itself is also releasing cheaper alternatives as competition, so that factors into how fast the Fine Arts line sells out.

I don't imagine the older pieces increasing in value, as ones like the Spider-Man and DRS Magneto had already peaked around the $900-1K mark but don't really sell for that anymore. Veteran collectors who held this line in prestige have moved on to larger scales and customs with all the various options available compared to when the line debuted. Unless a new collector absolutely loves those sculpts enough to pay flipper prices, I think most will just sit on eBay until prices level out again.
IMo all the erick sosa piece will always keep good value on the market...
Especially the oldest one like you mention and more(venom unbound.. fall of the hulk ,cyclop ect..)
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah, they hold good value if you paid retail for them. I was actually thinking about that Venom while posting this. If you got him for the around $300 he goes for now, it was a good deal. Now, if you buy him at that price, there's a chance you'll lose money every subsequent year another few quarter scale ones are produced that former owner tend to "upgrade" to. I wouldn't be surprised if Sosa himself has one in the works with his PrototypeZ company, although their licensing is restrictive.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #5
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

They will all hold value because most are the best 1/6 scale plain n simple. As long as they don't revisit a character and +1 it. There is also the possibility of a Bowen return. Fine arts would be last to leave my collection.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think the DRS has the best chance to go up in value...the others are a little more iffy. That said, as time has shown, most seem to go up in value to some extent. Jadekite22 makes a good point about other options, though. With more and more options in 1/4, 1/6, and customs it could lessen demand. Shoddy paint apps don't help, either. Had to get that in there .
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote