Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-29-2022, 05:02 PM   #181
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Aside from the obvious likeness deficiency, I think the rest of the sculpt is perfect! I'm also not happy about the ES though. As overpriced as this is, they could've at least kept it more exclusive.

IMO, the likeness is around 90% and needs work, especially considering that this is their "Platinum" line. I have screenshot all of the (many) critiques I've found on here and on FB, and I'll be sending them to JND. Hopefully they won't be too prideful to listen. It won't be released for another year and a half at best, they have more than enough time to improve the likeness.
They sorta changed their Bruce Wayne so it is possible. If they just did a closed mouth sculpt I think that would be best, instead of making the mouth oversized and inaccurate. The ES is also too large to be a real exclusive collector's item, but I'm sure they'll sell them all regardless of if they make any changes, this version is that popular
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 05:14 PM   #182
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Aside from the obvious likeness deficiency, I think the rest of the sculpt is perfect! I'm also not happy about the ES though. As overpriced as this is, they could've at least kept it more exclusive.

IMO, the likeness is around 90% and needs work, especially considering that this is their "Platinum" line. I have screenshot all of the (many) critiques I've found on here and on FB, and I'll be sending them to JND. Hopefully they won't be too prideful to listen. It won't be released for another year and a half at best, they have more than enough time to improve the likeness.
Don't waste your time.

Most of the "complaints" are nothing more than people - vocally, trying to convince themselves that this is NOT something they want......there's nothing wrong with the sculpt, the lips are fine, the shape of the face is fine, and yes - even the hair is fine (there, I said it)......

What's not fine, is that the piece is priced beyond what most of us are able / willing to pay.....period.

Everyone is acting like this statue should be some kind of miniaturized replica of Gal Godot, when in truth, most of us wouldn't even realise if the REAL Gal Godot sat next to us on a train....I mean, think about it - "her lips are to thick".....what a ridiculous statement, what's it based on? Looking at a movie clip? A photograph?.....and what makes these mediums the absolute truth of her likeness, when we know that movies are edited, there's lighting, and God forbid we consider Photoshop...

I'm not attacking anyone here - or on Facebook - especially when I'm guilty of the same "crime".....but as usual, for a group of unhappy - disappointed - and uninterested people, we sure love to come back here and continue to discuss this complete fail of a product.....#sarcasm
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #183
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

You're wrong, if you think it's perfect gal then that's fine, but many many people feel otherwise. I think it is very impressive apart from that, but that's why it's so frustrating that for a company that prides itself on realism, it can't even get likenesses right
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 05:28 PM   #184
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
You're wrong, if you think it's perfect gal then that's fine, but many many people feel otherwise. I think it is very impressive apart from that, but that's why it's so frustrating that for a company that prides itself on realism, it can't even get likenesses right
I agree with you.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 05:51 PM   #185
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
This is my sentiment. I don't buy JND pieces because "they're JND!", I'm willing to pay these prices because I want a statue that is as close as possible to the character.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but when JND first started they boasted about how "accurate" their products were, but after a few releases they went back on that, quoting, "Our pieces are more of our artists' interpretation of the character."

When your basing a sculpt off of an actual person, there's no need for "artist interpretation". Am I willing to pay 3.5k for a hyper-real WW? No. Am I willing to pay that for a hyper-real Gal WW? Sure.

I WILL order this as the likeness isn't bad, and I think the rest of sculpt is absolutely perfect. But this will be my last JND piece if they refuse to improve it.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:44 PM   #186
superdude
The X-Men

Gadot has been in the public eye for awhile now and we're all super familiar with what she looks like (in all kinds of lighting and from every possible angle), so of course we're immediately going to notice when a feature seems off and not quite right.

So when multiple people point out the same thing I'd say there's definitely an issue there that needs to be addressed.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:14 PM   #187
xb24
Sinister Six

The outfit of Pattinson's Batman is more elaborate than Wonder Woman. I'm not sure how this got Platinum hard work. Her posture is a little unnatural. Overall, the statue is great, but it is not worth $4000.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:19 PM   #188
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb24 View Post
Pattinson Batman's costume is more complex than this Wonder Woman. I don't see how this became Platinum.
As far as I can see it’s just for the use of more silicone along the arms and legs.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:47 PM   #189
superdude
The X-Men

Yeah I don't see how this could possibly be more complex to make than their previous statues like Harley. Or even Golden Armor WW.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:03 PM   #190
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Don't waste your time.

Most of the "complaints" are nothing more than people - vocally, trying to convince themselves that this is NOT something they want......there's nothing wrong with the sculpt, the lips are fine, the shape of the face is fine, and yes - even the hair is fine (there, I said it)......

What's not fine, is that the piece is priced beyond what most of us are able / willing to pay.....period.

Everyone is acting like this statue should be some kind of miniaturized replica of Gal Godot, when in truth, most of us wouldn't even realise if the REAL Gal Godot sat next to us on a train....I mean, think about it - "her lips are to thick".....what a ridiculous statement, what's it based on? Looking at a movie clip? A photograph?.....and what makes these mediums the absolute truth of her likeness, when we know that movies are edited, there's lighting, and God forbid we consider Photoshop...

I'm not attacking anyone here - or on Facebook - especially when I'm guilty of the same "crime".....but as usual, for a group of unhappy - disappointed - and uninterested people, we sure love to come back here and continue to discuss this complete fail of a product.....#sarcasm
I agree with you completely.
Not saying being specific, but in general, I see a lot of collectors that will pinpoint that one specific flaw, and turn that into the biggest issue in order to find a reason not to buy it.
I mean, you can say if there's 10 features you cam pinpoint, and 1 out of that 10 is a flaw or a nitpick, you can discount all 9 and the figure is a fail because of that 1 feature. Those 9 features could be breathtaking but its negated by that 1 flaw.

Not saying some people are wrong if they truly think it's not their cup of tea, but c'mon...this piece is beyond stunning.
Perfect? Maybe not. But if you look at that and not see Gal, then you're just trying to find something.

The only real flaw I see in this is the price.
I agree, it's overpriced and doesn't justify a platinum price.
But as far as the statue itself, this is a showstopper piece in a collection.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote