Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #4171
johnclone
The Enchantress

Well this is it, the big season finale is tonight. I wish I cared more.

Predictions: lots of guns, tons of bullets, maybe 2 or 3 characters you recognize will be hit. Dozens of characters you've never seen before on both sides will die in a brutal massacre of NPC's the likes of which the show has never seen.

I may watch FTWD just for the Morgan story.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #4172
johnclone
The Enchantress

I went to bed instead. lol

But I'll watch these on demand sometime.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #4173
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Even though Charlie Adlard is very good and has done the vast majority of the art, I prefer Tony Moore's work.
I enjoyed Tony's work too, but just became so custom to Charlie's work that eventually I had forgotten his art. Wasn't until I reread the series that it struck me again how much cleaner Tony's work is over the darker, more muddled work of Charlie's.

As a side note, I met Charlie Adlard at Baltimore ComicCon. This was years ago. He could not have been nicer, was doing great head sketches. I got a zombie in a Green Bay Packers hat for my friend Phil
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:19 AM   #4174
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
As a side note, I met Charlie Adlard at Baltimore ComicCon. This was years ago. He could not have been nicer, was doing great head sketches. I got a zombie in a Green Bay Packers hat for my friend Phil
Nice, I have a family portrait drawn in "zombie style", one of my favorite family pics. I heard a fair amount of gripping about the finale, I plan on watching the second half of this season after my busy time of the year is finally over with.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:17 PM   #4175
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I'm having a really hard time buying the "OMG we are out of bullets so we need mullet man to make some more with a rudimentary system (god knows where they got all the brass casings and all the different calibers).

Every show they waste thousands of rounds and nobody seems short of any bullets at all. It worked well in the story but they could at least make it realistic and have an actual shortage.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #4176
jeremydmc
Black Panther

****Episode spoilers ahead*****

Episode was pretty bad overall. Anticlimactic scene with Negan and Rick.....yet again. I figured out what Eugene was up to long before it ever happened. Darryl, Maggie and Jesus planning to move against Rick and Michonne made me groan. I guess they needed to keep some bad guys on the show and decided why not have some of the good ones turn bad.

This may be a really good point to stop watching and not waste anymore time on it. This whole season was bad overall. If not for Negan it would have been unwatchable all around.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #4177
risingstar
Jedi Order

This season could have been wrapped up in 3 episodes. I felt it just dragged on and on. Also, I really do not need to see Darryl and Rick and Maggie and Michonne duke it out for 15 episodes. Playing on the emotions of the fanbase isn't going to work here. This isn't the WWE. I realize there's lot of cash to be made here by the network. However, I think it may be time to reach out to different writers to help out. Too bad the helicopter folks didn't present themselves.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #4178
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I'm having a really hard time buying the "OMG we are out of bullets so we need mullet man to make some more with a rudimentary system (god knows where they got all the brass casings and all the different calibers).

Every show they waste thousands of rounds and nobody seems short of any bullets at all. It worked well in the story but they could at least make it realistic and have an actual shortage.

This is an example of an issue I've had overall for a while now. Nothing is ever a shortage (talking food, gas, bullets) unless it serves as a plot device. Gas is probably the worst example...it appears to be more plentiful now than it was during Season 1 which is silly. They are driving fleets of gas-guzzlers all over the place all the time and there appears to be an endless supply.

Your points on ammo are correct...are people going around collecting all of these casings after every shootout lol? I'm fine with suspending disbelief at a high level (it is a show about the undead afterall) but some of this stuff is just so bad it cannot be ignored.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #4179
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
****Episdoe spoilers ahead*****

Episode was pretty bad overall. Anticlimactic scene with Negan and Rick.....yet again. I figured out what Eugene was up to long before it ever happened. Darryl, Maggie and Jesus planning to move against Rick and Michonne made me groan. I guess they needed to keep some bad guys on the show and decided why not have some of the good ones turn bad.

This may be a really good point to stop watching and not waste anymore time on it. This whole season was bad overall. If not for Negan it would have been unwatchable all around.
I think this will be where I give up on it, too. No real interest in seeing Civil War plotline that doesn't even make sense (especially having do-gooder Jesus involved).
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:03 PM   #4180
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It was okay, the showdown was a little underwhelming.

I am more on Maggies side in this. If Negan killed Carl or Michonne in that same manner there is no chance that Negan would be living right now.

I did like Eugene betrayal.Jesus didn't want people dying needlessly but Negan is another story.
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote