Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-22-2018, 08:38 AM   #81
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
This whole industry is a mess I’m just sitting back and watching it play out while getting the statues on eBay for super cheap prices. I only support one company now as I want their line to continue but my backlog of what I want is so long I don’t think it matters at this point. Statues now only hold my and I feel others interest for a few weeks if so lucky and it’s out of sight out of mind on to the next one.

Boxes are getting too big
Prices to ship are outrageous
Delays are crazy
Quality is slipping
People are making up anatomy just for the hell of it
Same recycled characters every day
Company vs company by people
Fake reviews by some to push $hit statues
Artist vs groups vs companies vs factories vs shipping vs fanboys vs delays vs customs vs John wick

It’s all a mess

There's still smaller scale figures out there. So saying the entire industry is a mess is an exaggeration. The large scale POLYSTONE scene is the one that is messy right now.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #82
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
This whole industry is a mess I’m just sitting back and watching it play out while getting the statues on eBay for super cheap prices. I only support one company now as I want their line to continue but my backlog of what I want is so long I don’t think it matters at this point. Statues now only hold my and I feel others interest for a few weeks if so lucky and it’s out of sight out of mind on to the next one.

Boxes are getting too big
Prices to ship are outrageous
Delays are crazy
Quality is slipping
People are making up anatomy just for the hell of it
Same recycled characters every day
Company vs company by people
Fake reviews by some to push $hit statues
Artist vs groups vs companies vs factories vs shipping vs fanboys vs delays vs customs vs John wick

It’s all a mess
That crap is making me consider leaving several of those FB groups and social media altogether. I never knew there could be so much drama from a bunch of men and free statues. The crap that went down this weekend between Sosa and those Titan guys was just ridiculous.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #83
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
That crap is making me consider leaving several of those FB groups and social media altogether. I never knew there could be so much drama from a bunch of men and free statues. The crap that went down this weekend between Sosa and those Titan guys was just ridiculous.
Mine PMing me on that? Trying to follow the FB drama is a mess.

To stay on topic though - I'm getting further and further away from the statue game at this point. There's so few that I "need" in my collection at this point that I'm hoping to finish up in the next couple of years and be away from this hobby.

My biggest problem is production quality vs price. It's getting to the point now where I had someone paint a kit I had and it wasn't THAT much more than a 1/4th piece from XM, and it was painted by someone who actually paints protos for major players.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #84
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
My biggest problem is production quality vs price. It's getting to the point now where I had someone paint a kit I had and it wasn't THAT much more than a 1/4th piece from XM, and it was painted by someone who actually paints protos for major players.
Yup.... eventually you'll be able to print these things at home for cheap.

I feel like this hobby is on borrowed time.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:09 PM   #85
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
what happened now?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #86
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Who is Sosa, and what 'crap' went down?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #87
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Erick Sosa and Radd Titan? Yeah, I don't use social media, what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
To stay on topic though - I'm getting further and further away from the statue game at this point. There's so few that I "need" in my collection at this point that I'm hoping to finish up in the next couple of years and be away from this hobby.

Quote:
Yup.... eventually you'll be able to print these things at home for cheap.

I feel like this hobby is on borrowed time.
I'm getting there too. The value of these statues when weighed against other things in life get me less satisfaction for what they cost. To me it looks like the costs to make statues specifically have far outpaced the inflation of other goods.

So I've sold off things I preordered 2+ years ago (mainly PCS, cough) when my mindset was that I'd break even on everything should I change my mind. That's not true anymore, so I rarely PO anything now. I'm still keeping my P1 Witcher Yen and Ciri despite the crazy amounts of delays, because I still think they look great.

Art prints are an area I'm exploring. They take up almost zero space in storage and can pack more creativity in a frame than a statue. At the end, I collect to amplify the good memories of characters I love, and any real-world problems that get in the way of that ruin the enjoyment of that.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #88
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I pm'd you guys. Not going to post it here. This place still remains pretty civil compared to the crap on FB.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:19 PM   #89
Python
Omega Red

But now the rest of us are painfully curious...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #90
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

I am too lol
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote