Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-17-2018, 09:32 PM   #1041
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Ah, that's not exactly how I remembered he said it. Thanks for clearing that up. But it would mean that all the rebellion truly needed was kamikaze like pilots that didn't mind dying for the cause. Ackbar could have just said, all ships jump to lightspeed and crash into the death star and all enemy starships!
that's why the whole thing in the new movies is just dumb, hell you wouldn't even need pilots just set it to auto or stick a droid in there and war over.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:24 PM   #1042
Luminous
Cyclops

First, who says it is common knowledge in the Star Wars universe that jumping into light speed towards an enemy combatant will yield the results we saw in TLJ? Isn't it possible that Holdo had no idea how effective her desperate maneuver would be?

Second, even if it is common knowledge, why does everyone assume it would be a common and acceptable tactic in any given military force? The Japanese have used a kamikaze tactic in the past, did we see every other military force on this planet suddenly adopt the maneuver for their own battles? And please don't bring up extremist examples. That would not apply to either military force in Star Wars.

And finally, the maneuver yielded near nuclear results. Since when is the nuclear option the first, second, or even third strategic option in warfare?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:33 PM   #1043
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just one more example of how TLJ sucked donkey balls.

And that's a fact.

Donkey.

Balls.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:52 PM   #1044
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
that's not true at all, he clearly mentions it takes precise calculations to avoid hitting anything along the way

"without precise calculations we'd fly right through a star or a bit too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick wouldn't it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcX8mDRIhYE
It's not "hitting" something per se (a star, in this case) that is the issue. Other canon material has since elaborated that it's essentially gravity that can wreak havok and pull a ship out of hyperspace... destructively even.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:58 PM   #1045
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Dead Yoda should have just hit Snoke with some lightning bolts.

Could have saved a lot of lives.

No suicide jump to light speed needed.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:06 PM   #1046
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
It's not "hitting" something per se (a star, in this case) that is the issue. Other canon material has since elaborated that it's essentially gravity that can wreak havok and pull a ship out of hyperspace... destructively even.
This is another thing. A lot of speculation surrounding this moment in the film operates on the assumption the First Order's fleet was physically impacted by the Resistance cruiser. And this is speculation on my part as well, but I understood it as the close proximity of the hyperdrive tech (gravity, light, folding of space, etc.) being the culprit of the catastrophic explosion.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #1047
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Luke could have force projected himself laying out naked on the ships engines, cackling like the crazy, animal nipple sucking homeless man he was.

When the stormtroopers saw him laying there, in all his glory, they would have unleashed a barrage of laser fire.

The lasers of course, would pass through the force projected nude transient and blown the engines to hell.

Lives saved.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:48 PM   #1048
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
Luke could have force projected himself laying out naked on the ships engines, cackling like the crazy, animal nipple sucking homeless man he was.

When the stormtroopers saw him laying there, in all his glory, they would have unleashed a barrage of laser fire.

The lasers of course, would pass through the force projected nude transient and blown the engines to hell.

Lives saved.
I guess you live alone .......good.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:58 PM   #1049
built2shred
Phoenix

You know in the opening scene, I never knew there was gravity in space... I thought when they opened the bomb bay doors and released the bombs they would of just floated in space... boy do I feel foolish....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:09 AM   #1050
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
I guess you live alone .......good.
Just like homeless Luke!