Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-07-2022, 02:23 PM   #2051
dao2
Cyclops

The eye decals are off, especially the right eye is horribly misplaced. Part of it is on his damn eye lid :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 03:49 PM   #2052
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence dawn View Post
Got the mail from Prime1studio about the final payment on shipment for 1/3 Geralt this week, looking at 1-2 month interval to receive the package! But I find some in-hand shots of production model already received by collector to share with you guys here! How do you feel like it?
credited to https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7687478174
Honestly, I think these pics look quite bad. I have it on preorder, but I do not like that skin texture at all relative to the promotional photos. The whole reason I did this instead of the earlier 1/4 one was I did not like the skin on that one. The earlier photos looked like they fixed that, but now it looks the same if not worse. Was already on the fence on this one because I didn't really care for the bag of heads or the base, but ... bah.

ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:03 PM   #2053
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Ouu, I think if I want a statue of Prime 1, I'll be waiting for in hand pics in the future. Especially when it comes to the Witcher series.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:07 PM   #2054
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Yeah, the facial texture isn't good, and the scars don't seem to have any reddish hue.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:34 PM   #2055
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I would be extremely careful. While I'm not a Prime1 fan, and generally feel their products are extremely sub standard.....at the same time, we've been here before.

This is typical "collector camera" syndrome. Judging by the obvious distortion, poor lighting, and poor use of flash.....the only thing I would conclude from these photos is that the statue exists, and someone has it.....full stop.

I wouldn't feel confident making ANY judgements on the quality of this piece based on those photos.

Another thing to consider....and I would suggest to think about this for the whole Witcher line from Prime1......these portraits and sculpts are based on (considering todays CGI standards) quite basic computer game character designs. I'm not saying the characters are badly designed by CDPR - I'm just suggesting that any statues based on a Computer game are going to be inherently "unrealistic" compared to a movie based statue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:12 PM   #2056
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

[QUOTE=ilsensine;6012601][/QUOTE

Prime 1 Red Sonja's skin also looks terrible in the photos. It looks great live.
The lens may not be innocent, but the hair on the right side doesn't fit. With the Proto, they are almost on the shoulder.
I don't think that's because of the shooting angle. Perhaps the head is not sitting correctly either
In any case, I'll wait for photos in the future.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:59 PM   #2057
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
these portraits and sculpts are based on (considering todays CGI standards) quite basic computer game character designs. I'm not saying the characters are badly designed by CDPR - I'm just suggesting that any statues based on a Computer game are going to be inherently "unrealistic" compared to a movie based statue.
It's a good point, but that said, I believe P1's Witcher portraits have been pretty solid in terms translating a digital likeness to a 3D medium. Certainly better than what Sideshow just unveiled
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:13 PM   #2058
risingstar
Jedi Order

Not necessarily a fan -- but great looking statues!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 06:28 PM   #2059
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I don't think the pics look that bad, except for the one where the camera is so in geralt's face that it has distorted everything, it's about what I'd expect for a production piece
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:07 AM   #2060
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It's hard to tell from the photos. I took some of my Prime 1 Scarlet, and posted them here on the forum. In hindsight they were terrible! The statue looks rather poor if you go by those, but I took some new ones recently, and she looks great.

I much prefer this to the previous offering by Prime. It's a shame I don't collect 1/3 pieces.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote