Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #2021
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickKaine View Post
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but looking at madxcollector's video again, she does seem more tanned in that video from 2013 than she did in the original pictures on sideshow's website. There was nothing to even notice until they were contrasted with the latest batch of photos.

Although the lips, eyes and other facial details have been lost.

On a positive note, some things that I was thinking may have been lost from the prototype but am so glad they have remained: the blood on the sword looking great, the detail of the snow and wear on the boots and cape and I'm glad the sculpt of everything is looking (as far as I can tell) just like the prototype.
I can see that but not as tan as the new photos depict.

However like you said it is telling that before these pics no one had brought up any difference between what was shown at SDCC'13 and Sideshow's website pictures.

Of course I will see this for myself to decide. This is my first true 1/4 scale piece from Sideshow.

Accurate or not these pictures are a disappointment and highlight the perception that Sideshow advertises something it cannot deliver.

Here is a key question.

As I was undecided in October would I have jumped on the waitlist in December if these were the pictures that were available?

Very likely, no.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #2022
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

These pictures don't look drastically different to me.

But by all means, rage on.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #2023
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post

No real rage just dissapointment mostly.

I will add some positive and say the paint lines on the new photo's look very sharp and accurate.

If Sideshow has managed to take care of the quality control for the entire run this is a good sign for other pieces as well.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #2024
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Well I have had pretty good QC on everything I have bought direct from them, and they have treated me right when there was a problem. Of course some people have had issues, others have an axe to grind. I'm excited to get this at the end of the month though,and the board or someone else's pics aren't going to change that.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #2025
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post

I see worrying, and I'm guilty of it, but not rage.

And I'm surprised you don't see a significant difference. Regardless of whether anyone thinks the new pics are better or worse, there is most certainly a difference. Why else would Sideshow post a completely new set of pics if there wasn't a significant difference?
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #2026
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I see worrying, and I'm guilty of it, but not rage.

And I'm surprised you don't see a significant difference. Regardless of whether anyone thinks the new pics are better or worse, there is most certainly a difference. Why else would Sideshow post a completely new set of pics if there wasn't a significant difference?
Man I hope we don't see SS posting new pictures of Wonder Woman before her release... Seems to be the sign that the factory produce a statue way off the mark from the prototype when they do post them...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #2027
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
wishing you guys and gals all the best, hopefully this is just standard predelivery forum panic lol

Do you know anybody who suffers from SPFP, Standard Predelivery Forum Panic?

This is a chronic and highly contagious disease most commonly found in individuals who collect statues, prop replicas and other media based items. Spreading can occur quickly between individuals posting within the same thread. Highest rate of infection occurs between two weeks to two days of purchased item arrival.

Common symptoms include:

Posting several comments about changes without having product in hand.

Citing and posting images off retailers website listing next to a random, poorly shot in-hand image.

Commenting on, and posting, concerns for several days while requesting in-hand pictures/critiques from other forum members which cannot be obtained and nobody has the purchased item in hand.

Ways To Relieve Symptoms:

Canceling an order without seeing purchased item in hand.

Remaining calm, backing away from the keyboard/forum before posting again.

Being delightfully surprised when the statue turned out beautifully and the worry was for nothing.

So please, if you or somebody you know appears to be suffering from SPFP, please get them the help they need. Hope is not lost and there is a cure.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #2028
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Do you know anybody who suffers from SPFP, Standard Predelivery Forum Panic?

This is a chronic and highly contagious disease most commonly found in individuals who collect statues, prop replicas and other media based items. Spreading can occur quickly between individuals posting within the same thread. Highest rate of infection occurs between two weeks to two days of purchased item arrival.

Common symptoms include:

Posting several comments about changes without having product in hand.

Citing and posting images off retailers website listing next to a random, poorly shot in-hand image.

Commenting on, and posting, concerns for several days while requesting in-hand pictures/critiques from other forum members which cannot be obtained and nobody has the purchased item in hand.

Ways To Relieve Symptoms:

Canceling an order without seeing purchased item in hand.

Remaining calm, backing away from the keyboard/forum before posting again.

Being delightfully surprised when the statue turned out beautifully and the worry was for nothing.

So please, if you or somebody you know appears to be suffering from SPFP, please get them the help they need. Hope is not lost and there is a cure.
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #2029
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Did anybody get charged yet?
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #2030
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Did anybody get charged yet?