Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #8141
Davidian
Omega Flight

I took some advice from a fellow collector and never looked back. With UPS, I made a "My Choice" account and have all of my shipments left at my local UPS store, so I can sign for the package and pick it up at my leisure and not worry about it being stolen. Did the same with FedEx too. I live in an apartment currently, so I was always missing deliveries due to my work hours, as well as being worried about my packages being stolen. Not anymore! I advise others to do the same.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #8142
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

My order is still locked for payment processing, has been since this morning. I assume with it getting later in the day it will not ship until Monday.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #8143
ALF_1
Justice League

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I took some advice from a fellow collector and never looked back. With UPS, I made a "My Choice" account and have all of my shipments left at my local UPS store, so I can sign for the package and pick it up at my leisure and not worry about it being stolen. Did the same with FedEx too. I live in an apartment currently, so I was always missing deliveries due to my work hours, as well as being worried about my packages being stolen. Not anymore! I advise others to do the same.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #8144
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
The only gotcha on this would be that statues of this size require big boxes and you better have space in your vehicle for pickup and transport. And they can be heavy and awkward so pump that iron. So many times I walk up to a Best Buy to see a Honda Civic parked in front trying to squeeze a 65"+ TV in the back. Good luck!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:26 PM   #8145
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
My order is still locked for payment processing, has been since this morning. I assume with it getting later in the day it will not ship until Monday.
Mine says the same thing. But when I called to changed shopping carrier, they told me it's already shipped and loaded onto the truck. I'm assuming not the UPS truck itself, but the UPS trailer where they will all be scanned at one time in pick up tonight.
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #8146
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I just work from home on the day I'm expecting a statue
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #8147
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I just work from home on the day I'm expecting a statue
Samesies, tele-commuting high five!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #8148
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Normally I have my SS orders delivered to my work but for this one I didn’t. If it comes on Monday my wife will be home. Tuesday I’ll take the afternoon off.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #8149
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I'm in the same boat but don't be surprised it already shipped. Just SS and shipper not giving info. I have had this happen many times and on Saturday morning get an email from both SS and FedEX statue has been shipped to me and expect it Tuesday but I always get it Monday.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #8150
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Y’all holla back when you get a shipping notice.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote