Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-22-2020, 09:59 PM   #251
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Didnt change doesn't mean it shouldn't though, I work a lot and it's hard to keep up with 10 days hoping one thing you want pops up, if it wasn't for this forum I'd be lost most of the time
This event has always been a thank you to the customers. It's not about showing you how much more you can buy but instead giving things to the customer in a social atmosphere.

If you want Items to drop then wait until 12 days. That's all that is. I wouldn't want this event to be another week-long commercial like 12 days and SDCC are.

There are plenty of times a year they drop items not everything needs to be about buying.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:21 PM   #252
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Bruh, it's been this for years. It wasn't going to change suddenly.
I’m not sure what you mean. I never said anything about expecting it to change. But I did say I’m just interested in seeing product.

And it’s nice SS for those that want to do the games and things can have the social atmosphere and things you speak of, but you really think they do those things and it’s not about buying? Guaranteed, any event, promotion, etc, no matter how good one feels about it, is always about the consumer buying. If sales didn’t go up during Spook every year they wouldn’t do it. If sales didn’t go up during Comic Con, they wouldn’t have done almost the exact same format event all over again for New York Con.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:25 PM   #253
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I guess your right, it's just been a hugely disappointing year for me with sideshow, I thought Tom Gilliland would have pushed his own creation harder, him and Anna who is the "Brand Manager " whatever that means? have done almost nothing to generate interest this year, I know it's been a tough year, but would it be so hard to go on sideshow live like they used to do all the time and say hey we got this cool thing coming? I just dont enjoy watching these Comic Cons and spooktacular's, 1 dollar codes are cool and all, but I'm buying $700 dollar statues, I can live without a few dollars or else I wouldn't buy statues, I just agree with most people here who said Prime 1 just did a better presentation, but I'm definitely saving money with the lack of products from them
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:27 PM   #254
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I’m not sure what you mean. I never said anything about expecting it to change. But I did say I’m just interested in seeing product.

And it’s nice SS for those that want to do the games and things can have the social atmosphere and things you speak of, but you really think they do those things and it’s not about buying? Guaranteed, any event, promotion, etc, no matter how good one feels about it, is always about the consumer buying. If sales didn’t go up during Spook every year they wouldn’t do it. If sales didn’t go up during Comic Con, they wouldn’t have done almost the exact same format event all over again for New York Con.
Of course, it's about increased sales, that's why they discount a huge amount of items, but it's also about customer morale. If you do events like this, customers will come back, and doing things to say thank you to customers for keeping you in business isn't a bad thing.

The way you and Atlantis were talking though was putting this event down and only want to see new items at every turn. It's like you guys are the people who always yell for Free Bird no matter which band you see.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #255
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I guess your right, it's just been a hugely disappointing year for me with sideshow, I thought Tom Gilliland would have pushed his own creation harder, him and Anna who is the "Brand Manager " whatever that means? have done almost nothing to generate interest this year, I know it's been a tough year, but would it be so hard to go on sideshow live like they used to do all the time and say hey we got this cool thing coming? I just dont enjoy watching these Comic Cons and spooktacular's, 1 dollar codes are cool and all, but I'm buying $700 dollar statues, I can live without a few dollars or else I wouldn't buy statues, I just agree with most people here who said Prime 1 just did a better presentation, but I'm definitely saving money with the lack of products from them
Oh I agree, I think their SDCC and NYCC were lacking, and I think Prime1's event was better than both. However, when it comes to Spook, it's just a different kind of event. We also have to understand that a lot of what was planned for this year might have taken a hit especially Court of the Dead which tends to have some mixed media to it. Most of the Sideshow creative staff is working from home, and while the sculptors can sculpt from home the painters and cut and sew probably have to schedule time to go into the office for each piece.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:31 PM   #256
Atlantisatdawn

Maybe I am the person who yells for "free bird" no matter what band I see, but sideshow is like Van Halen who doesnt play Jump or Panama and continues to play songs from Van Halen 3 with the Extreme singer that nobody wants to hear anymore, RIP EVH Love Him!!!
Old 10-22-2020, 10:33 PM   #257
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Oh I agree, I think their SDCC and NYCC were lacking, and I think Prime1's event was better than both. However, when it comes to Spook, it's just a different kind of event. We also have to understand that a lot of what was planned for this year might have taken a hit especially Court of the Dead which tends to have some mixed media to it. Most of the Sideshow creative staff is working from home, and while the sculptors can sculpt from home the painters and cut and sew probably have to schedule time to go into the office for each piece.
I understand, I think your right, I'm just disappointed I guess
Old 10-22-2020, 10:46 PM   #258
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Northern should get over to Twitter, they're giving away a set of Gotham Girl Bishoujos.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:55 PM   #259
CaptainSmiley
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just wish we could get some advance warning on when the low ES variants are going to drop in the coming days. I remember a couple years ago we got a message the day before cel shaded iron giant dropped letting us know when to look for it. Last year it was just...Surprise sucka, X-force Psylocke is for sale, looks amazing...and sold out 10 minutes ago!

I've been refreshing the forums constantly, worried that'll happen again this year...
CaptainSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:37 PM   #260
nearmint
Phoenix

Hey, we got two art prints and a 1/6 scale Leatherface. There’s 9 days left and I bet we’ll get a variant PF or two.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote