Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-05-2019, 01:44 AM   #601
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
So first off...my shipper was cut open and resealed. I could hear movement in the box. Not good. Then when I open the shipper, I notice that it's too big for the statue box -hence the foam in each corner. This hasn't happened before with this line. That can't have been a good thing, right? Anyway, here's what I got:

I'll email Gwen tomorrow, but I've been waiting on a replacement Wonder Woman head for 10 months already (not to mention the total Superman replacement everyone's waiting on). I can't keep doing this with them.
sorry to hear that No1. You are having bad luck here. that stinks
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:30 AM   #602
mmk123

ok. I let the statue get to room temp in my apt. (When I got home at midnite, the statue was sitting in the lobby of my building I live in-building can only be accessed with a key so no one can walk in and steal stuff)

I was seeing if there was anyway to get the gold kitty out of there (scratched the ear of the kitty trying to get the statue in btw). I grabbed the statue again and was trying to get it in and at first in went in a little more but was still resting on the gold kitty (damn that cat). I lifted the statue up and maneuvered it back into the hole. This time I leaned it slightly forward and it came down completely into the holes and the dress is behind that damned gold kitty.

It should not have been that hard to position the statue but as I said before it is gorgeous. I was even willing to break off the damned gold kitty to get the statue into its holes but I did not have to.

After all of that, I would have to recommend this statue. However, I do think that maybe going forward the statues should be a little simpler. I like the bag and the wanted poster on this one but if they were not there I do not think that it would have taken anything away from the statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3108.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	127338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3109.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	127339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3110.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	127340   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3111.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	127341   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3112.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	127342  

Old 12-05-2019, 09:51 AM   #603
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimmyjones85 View Post
DD the pics look great.

She looks SEXY!
Thanks man! She is truly gorgeous,and the more I see her the more I appreciate what an incredible job TH did with her.
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #604
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
It should not have been that hard to position the statue but as I said before it is gorgeous. I was even willing to break off the damned gold kitty to get the statue into its holes but I did not have to.
I have been right there with you on some other statues. Some have been like a puzzle, which is really rough given how expensive and fragile these puzzles are.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:52 PM   #605
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:

I was seeing if there was anyway to get the gold kitty out of there (scratched the ear of the kitty trying to get the statue in btw). I grabbed the statue again and was trying to get it in and at first in went in a little more but was still resting on the gold kitty (damn that cat). I lifted the statue up and maneuvered it back into the hole. This time I leaned it slightly forward and it came down completely into the holes and the dress is behind that damned gold kitty.

Yeah. I feel bad vibrations too.
Uncatceptable.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #606
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Took some pictures yesterday. Arm seams are not as bad as some others. Pretty sloppy paint in the V area maybe even some casting or assembly issues when you get close enough to see it. So weird considering how well done the rest of it is. Luckily nothing is broken so not sure I want to take a chance replacing her. Really shouldn't be an issue with the angle I am going to display her.

jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:11 PM   #607
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I'd post the pic of the damage, but given that the front of her dress is gone and I took it with the statue on the floor, I'd probably get banned for posting it.
Is she commando?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:44 PM   #608
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Is she commando?
Maybe that’s how she alluded Batman for all those years and eventually won his heart
Old 12-05-2019, 11:48 PM   #609
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Maybe that’s how she alluded Batman for all those years and eventually won his heart
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:53 PM   #610
built2shred
Phoenix

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote