Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #61
Khufu
Mephisto

I actually prefer their original Thanos (more OG Bowen style which I love). The outfit is a little too modern and busy for my taste. I think the same thing about Thanos on Throne so I know I’m in the minority on this one. It’s a great statue no doubt about just not for my collection. I would love to see it in person though!

Lady Death on the other hand is absolutely sick - the tattered cloak is amazing. I agree with an earlier comment that her face lacks something.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #62
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Outstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Yes. But I can't say the same thing about this portrait of LD.
You really don't like this?

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #63
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM Studios Premium Collectibles
Thanks to the Kucharek brothers for the design

Old 12-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #64
Shoo
Hercules

Old 12-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #65
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Peter View Post
Mr spec fiction I have never purchased a xm piece how does this work on your website deposit,payments etc any info will help thank you in advance for the info!!
I'm not Todd but it's pretty simple. There is a pay in full now option that gives you a tiny bit off the statue up front. There is a pay the deposit now then the rest at shipment option. You pay the full price this way. Finally there is a payment plan through Partial.ly to ease your wallet. You pay the deposit up front then set the parameters of your monthly payments. This is full price too. They seem good I have 3 items at Spec Fiction on payment plan and will probably be adding 2 more come the end of this weekend.

Shipping will be added in at the end. As well as any $ increases during the statues production. XM Optimus is an example. You need to prepare for this. Todd will email you an invoice a few weeks prior to shipment. Shipment dates aren't set in stone. All his policies and rules are listed on the website and you can contact him directly through the chat or contact page. I suggest the latter as he gets very busy.

If there is no longer a tab to select on the order page it means that option is no longer available at that time. Sometimes options go back up with minor price tweaks like Queen Studios rooted hair Ledger Joker. Any questions ask Todd (he's going to be busy this weekend with all the new goodies coming out) or just keep asking questions and we'll do our best to answer them.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #66
Demona
Martian Manhunter

well damn kiddies, XM did an excellent job on their Modern Thanos. Death looks beautiful and the cloak sculpt, texture and paint is amazing. I hope they put the skull face on at sometime during the convention.

I can say after seeing the full reveal, this yelling portrait seems less of a "taunting" bring-it-on yell and much more of a "I just crushed your comrades and you keep bothering me" yell.

Only two things I don't enjoy - Thanos looks a little too pox marked. I know he doesn't have fresh baby skin, but this is overkill. And the one bone arm that is just sticking up off Death's base. Seems unnecessary.

And Khufu - I like their original Thanos more too. I love the suit colors and the straight from the comics look. The set-up with him gleefully grinning while holding the cube is so classic and fun.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:41 AM   #67
adee
Green Arrow

I'm not crazy about Thanos but I want that Death! I love her!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:44 AM   #68
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

This piece looks exceptional
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:51 AM   #69
Mephisto44
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
I actually prefer their original Thanos (more OG Bowen style which I love). The outfit is a little too modern and busy for my taste. I think the same thing about Thanos on Throne so I know I’m in the minority on this one. It’s a great statue no doubt about just not for my collection. I would love to see it in person though!

Lady Death on the other hand is absolutely sick - the tattered cloak is amazing. I agree with an earlier comment that her face lacks something.
I’m the same way with Thanos. I like the face here better than the Sideshow TOT. Over all I like this Thanos but find the gold shoulder pad/chest plate a little distracting due to it being overly detailed and not the Thanos I am used to. Also not loving the way the gauntlet looks. I’ll have to mull this one over. Due to my love of the simplistic looking comic version I had been considering picking up the Bowen Thanos on Throne.

Last edited by Mephisto44; 12-06-2019 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to add
Mephisto44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:03 AM   #70
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Everyone is entitled to love what they love but the classic look costume days for statue making is over . It’s been long over for years . The issue is how does a company set a huge price and expect to get it using 60-80s costume designs . They don’t . I love those suits as well but this is a business . They gave us the ultra detailed Thanos and Death so they can charge the money they need to . They would never get 1500.00 US for simplified comic accurate piece. No question this is best Thanos on market hands down.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote