New gauntlet looks sick

This ain't Neca LOL
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #2292
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Keep in mind it's pretty small overall... I doubt it's going to light up the room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Lol nothing is small with this beast.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:07 AM   #2293
SDguy

SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:21 AM   #2294
predators87
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
It looks fine but the led setup is over done.

Never lit up like that, not in the movie anyway (87 version).

In predators 2011 it did briefly (but looked different).

No big deal, I'll just keep the lights off.

it is taken from the scene when the Predator comes out of the water
you can see several LEDs on
predators87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:46 AM   #2295
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by predators87 View Post
it is taken from the scene when the Predator comes out of the water
you can see several LEDs on

this piece has set the standard with attention to detail and accuracy. We are BLESSED to have "J", or who ever is looking over the development of this piece with such fine attention to minute details.

On the P1 FB group, it's funny people are annoyed that the Predator is getting this level of attention and this many revisions, and other pieces seem to get not even close of the attention this piece is getting.

the answer is simple, in Prime 1's own words:

The importance of this statue simply cannot be overstated.

Obviously the BIG SHOTS at Prime 1 LOVE (1987) Predator the film and (1987) Predator the character. It's Arnold's best movie and it's the my favorite movie all-time without question. This character is without a doubt the #1 Movie Monster in the past 30+ Years, and arguably the greatest movie monster ever. He is the most intriguing and has the most personality of any of the on-screen monsters, and on-screen "killers" (well maybe aside from the Chucky, Freddy & Lepracaughn...cause all 3 of them are characters).

Prime 1 is using this character and this specific piece to elevate their company into a league of their own. not to mention, the competition for this piece is stiffer competition than any other piece or property there is. o CM, hand sculpted by Steve Wang who's hands worked on creating the predator and Stan Winston and Josh Rosengrant (Sideshow Maquette) who's hands and minds created the Predator. I'm sorry the competition doesn't get stiffer than that, in fact i can't think of another statue that had to out-do such definitive pieces before...which is why Prime 1 brought their A++++++++ game with this piece.

for us Predator fans, this is a PERFECT STORM of AWESOMENESS, and we are blessed to have Prime 1 delivering this piece to us. It's a dream come true, actually it's beyond my wildest dreams of what we would ever have the opportunity to own.

THANK YOU Prime 1

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #2296
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I think I need to sit down

Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:09 PM   #2297
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

this piece has set the standard with attention to detail and accuracy. We are BLESSED to have "J", or who ever is looking over the development of this piece with such fine attention to minute details.

On the P1 FB group, it's funny people are annoyed that the Predator is getting this level of attention and this many revisions, and other pieces seem to get not even close of the attention this piece is getting.

the answer is simple, in Prime 1's own words:

The importance of this statue simply cannot be overstated.

Obviously the BIG SHOTS at Prime 1 LOVE (1987) Predator the film and (1987) Predator the character. It's Arnold's best movie and it's the my favorite movie all-time without question. This character is without a doubt the #1 Movie Monster in the past 30+ Years, and arguably the greatest movie monster ever. He is the most intriguing and has the most personality of any of the on-screen monsters, and on-screen "killers" (well maybe aside from the Chucky, Freddy & Lepracaughn...cause all 3 of them are characters).

Prime 1 is using this character and this specific piece to elevate their company into a league of their own. not to mention, the competition for this piece is stiffer competition than any other piece or property there is. o CM, hand sculpted by Steve Wang who's hands worked on creating the predator and Stan Winston and Josh Rosengrant (Sideshow Maquette) who's hands and minds created the Predator. I'm sorry the competition doesn't get stiffer than that, in fact i can't think of another statue that had to out-do such definitive pieces before...which is why Prime 1 brought their A++++++++ game with this piece.

for us Predator fans, this is a PERFECT STORM of AWESOMENESS, and we are blessed to have Prime 1 delivering this piece to us. It's a dream come true, actually it's beyond my wildest dreams of what we would ever have the opportunity to own.

THANK YOU Prime 1

What you say here is the exact reason i think this will come out looking close to Prototype. I have NEVER EVER seen or heard of a statue getting this many revisions and upgrades based on fan feedback. I hope they have this sort of love for Dutch
Goonsack Steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:12 PM   #2298
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

i have so many favorite parts in Predator. there are a couple dozen BIG CLASSIC scenes, that we all love.

The one part that really stuck out at me last time i watched the film was when Predator revealed himself to Dutch.

I wasn't focusing so much on how the unmasked Predator looked but rather Dutch's expression when he finally sees the demon face to face that killed his entire team and hunted him down:

This is the CLIMAX of the film (i think specifically with the Predator's ROAR), where the rising action peaks. I thought this part was so hardcore and primal. I never paid much attention to his expression before because i was so focused on seeing the monster. This expression says a 1000 words. for an Alpha Male like Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer to be looking at this enemy making a face like this emphasizes what a horrific monster the Predator is.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:16 PM   #2299
Blade3327
Nightwing

I sympathize with some of the posts on the Facebook group. For the company to fix something as minuscule as the foot panel on this and then tell other collectors that the Endoskeleton leaning is intentional is rather insulting.

However, as for the complaint that their other $1000+ statues don't get this kind of attention, it looks like that's just not a high enough pricepoint to warrant it in the company's eyes. I don't like it, but time has shown that's how it is. Case in point: the Big Game Cover Art 1/4. I absolutely agree that it should've been handled better than it was, but not only did Prime 1 pull a bait-and-switch on the color scheme and patterns -- most people were completely fine with how it turned out. We act like the initial photos had everyone in a frenzy, but it seems like the general audience didn't hold their feet to the fire at all. They kept their orders and either forgot about the prototype or wrongfully insist it's close.

In a way, that's why I'm optimistic about this one. Prime 1 spending all this time perfecting the sculpt shows that they're aware of how this thing could get taken apart by diehards. And what else do diehards value? A quality paint application. It's the last piece of the puzzle and one I hope John will make sure finds its place.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:16 PM   #2300
Blade3327
Nightwing

D-d-d-duplicate!
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote