Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 07-31-2015, 05:30 PM   #21
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I've seen many comments similar to this over the past few days. They confuse me lol. Why do people seem to think if Situation A is being talked about that the world grinds to a halt and nobody is also still thinking about Situations B, C, D, etc. as well? So humans are only capable of worrying/caring about one and only one issue at any particular time...is that how it works?
Ditto. It's ridiculous, simply ridiculous that some people can not grasp that.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:28 PM   #22
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
I've seen many comments similar to this over the past few days. They confuse me lol. Why do people seem to think if Situation A is being talked about that the world grinds to a halt and nobody is also still thinking about Situations B, C, D, etc. as well? So humans are only capable of worrying/caring about one and only one issue at any particular time...is that how it works?
I would bet for many people the answer to that question is yes. They can't be bothered by scrolling down and only look at the headline story. So if this or another story is the headline for days upon days, other things probably do get lost on them.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:54 PM   #23
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I would bet for many people the answer to that question is yes. They can't be bothered by scrolling down and only look at the headline story. So if this or another story is the headline for days upon days, other things probably do get lost on them.
Well, I just checked CNN front page and there are 12 "Top Stories" and Cecil is not one of them, so everybody can breathe easy. Looks like every person on the planet is only thinking about the death of Roddy Piper, the #1 story.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:47 AM   #24
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Well, I just checked CNN front page and there are 12 "Top Stories" and Cecil is not one of them, so everybody can breathe easy. Looks like every person on the planet is only thinking about the death of Roddy Piper, the #1 story.
What he did was amazing but all the energy and time on this topic (= money) upsets me just as much as his passing. There are sooooo many more issues that could make better use of this attention and money. A kid shots himself with a pink handled handgun he thought was a toy and barely a blimp on social media yet a wrestler dying of a heart attack gets front page billing for several days. Really makes no sense to me.

Back to the topic I suggest justice from days of old: give the "hunter" his crossbow and stick him in a dirt pit with a maneater. Boom. Code of Hammurabi for a new generation.
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:33 AM   #25
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
For fun I just checked CNN and Lion story is back as top story with additional info re where confiscated animal parts go

Media is not static anymore. Whatever is popular and gets the clicks gets top billing.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:48 PM   #26
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
For fun I just checked CNN and Lion story is back as top story with additional info re where confiscated animal parts go

Media is not static anymore. Whatever is popular and gets the clicks gets top billing.
It's back to the top because a different asshole poached his brother, Jericho, last night.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #27
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
It's back to the top because a different asshole poached his brother, Jericho, last night.
That's pretty damn sad, especially when you look at the pride hierarchy and what's likely to happen to Cecil's cubs. I hope see we see real changes on poaching and hunting from this event. I don't ever want to hear that lions, rhinos, cheetahs or (fill in the blank) have gone extinct in my lifetime.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #28
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Actually it was back to top. Then fell to a bin laden story. Then went back bc of the other lion.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:10 PM   #29
Underdog07
Hercules

It's now about will Biden run for president. And the lion story has change to "possibly" killed.

I don't think anyone was talking about the content of the news (unless I missed that) but how much the focus remained on one story as opposed to others. Whether here or with other stories that can be an issue bc the news tends to dwell on shock and awe stories over what some would think are longer ignored issues.