Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-24-2021, 12:52 PM   #2991
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Oh that doesn't good
Oh I found it really interesting/enjoyable, especially the android's story. I don't need a lot of action. But I also really like those political and social; hierarchy stories with a scifi backdrop
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:53 PM   #2992
AC_808
Hercules

Oh ...forgot to post this!

Arcane on Netflix (Season 1) - 10/10
This animated series is the sh!t ...great art and colors, great animation, great story, great characters ...and leaves you wanting more.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 09:35 PM   #2993
SDguy

OMG you weren't kidding. I'm on ep07. The animation is GORGEOUS. Beautiful designs. Excellent voice acting, and really compelling story. They've definitely set a bar for an animated series.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:02 PM   #2994
Wizard
Justice League

Apple TV marathon in one week.

"Foundation" - 8/10. Went in totally ignorant of the Asimov books, so I have no idea how closely the television series aligns with the books. That being said, the premise, the characters, the locations and the time elements thrown at you in the first two episodes had me head scratching and close to looking for "an exit ramp." However, I'm glad I stuck with the full season, and look forward to where the second season goes. The foundation and future existence of the Empire makes for intriguing storylines.

"Ted Lasso" (Season 1) - 10/10. Finally got on this train. I was scared that all the overwhelmingly positive hype would be a let down in my viewing the first season. Happy to report the show is as good as advertised. Sudeikis' accent threw me for the first few minutes (kinda' like Daniel Craig in "Knives Out"). The surprising thing for me is the show's success is not just Sudeikis, who is great, but all the supporting characters. In that regard it reminded me of HBO's "The Veep." Great first season. Hope to view the second soon.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #2995
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
OMG you weren't kidding. I'm on ep07. The animation is GORGEOUS. Beautiful designs. Excellent voice acting, and really compelling story. They've definitely set a bar for an animated series.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:09 PM   #2996
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Welcome to the Lasso club, Wizard

I have only heard great things about Arcane. And artists are drawing Jinx pieces like mad men bc of the inspiration from the show. I’ve always planned to watch, but perhaps this will come up quicker in rotation with my husband between now and Christmas. I also have to watch Hawkeye!!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:04 AM   #2997
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Hit Monkey (Hulu) - 9/10 (just finished the series - fun watch)
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 05:05 AM   #2998
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Oh ...forgot to post this!

Arcane on Netflix (Season 1) - 10/10
This animated series is the sh!t ...great art and colors, great animation, great story, great characters ...and leaves you wanting more.
I knew nothing about League Of Legends, but it doesn't matter, what a fantastic show...interesting world and characters, and the animation is a feast for the eyes, just stunning So glad to hear Season 2 was quickly greenlit
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 05:35 AM   #2999
Shoo
Hercules

Another Arcane fan here. The animation alone would make it worthwhile, but it's more than that.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 05:38 AM   #3000
Python
Omega Red

I've been watching Futurama from the beginning as they are on Disney+. I'm about half way through S4 atm. One thing that has struck me is that even the very early episodes are still very watchable to this day. A feat that many similar shows from the time can't compete with. It's still just a fun show and a nice way to kill 20 mins or so every night before bed.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote