Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-22-2024, 03:59 PM   #61
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
For me it's easy. No classic costume, no buy. I'm not a current SF fan, but I was back in the days of SFII and SFII Turbo, so I'll always love classic Chun Li, Cammy and Vega. It's a gorgeous looking piece, though. I just have zero attachment to this new look.
SF2 was great. But it?s also played the **** out. Need to see lots of new designs!

But yeah, Cammy?s OG costume is very hot. So that one should be made lol.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 04:18 PM   #62
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
SF2 was great. But it?s also played the **** out. Need to see lots of new designs!

But yeah, Cammy?s OG costume is very hot. So that one should be made lol.
I totally understand. It's how I feel about how played out Jim Lee Storm costume is, or that generic black Catwoman bodysuit with the goggles.

It's just unfortunate that, IMO, there aren't any well-done, higher end classic Cammy pieces out there - just a bunch of average looking PCS pieces I have no intention of owning.

Anywho, I won't harp on it. This is a gorgeous piece, just not for me.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 04:36 PM   #63
God
Frackin!

I’m so crazy for Street Fighter that I’d pay for another statue of her classic outfit and third costume in SF6. The same applies for Juri in the biker catsuit + pajamas, as well as Marisa.

It would be surprising if they aren’t sitting on Cammy and Juri’s alternates already.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 05:13 PM   #64
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
For me it's easy. No classic costume, no buy. I'm not a current SF fan, but I was back in the days of SFII and SFII Turbo, so I'll always love classic Chun Li, Cammy and Vega. It's a gorgeous looking piece, though. I just have zero attachment to this new look.
Totally agree. The timeless costumes are what's going to be remembered and wanted while each main game iterations "modern" costume are going to be easily forgotten over time.

And to be fair, this Cammy looks great. But this costume will be gone by the time SF7 releases, and, hell, it'll be forgotten once dlc costume packs get released that put her in something better.
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:36 PM   #65
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Totally agree. The timeless costumes are what's going to be remembered and wanted while each main game iterations "modern" costume are going to be easily forgotten over time.

And to be fair, this Cammy looks great. But this costume will be gone by the time SF7 releases, and, hell, it'll be forgotten once dlc costume packs get released that put her in something better.
100% agree, no classic costume, no buy.
Unless you have a Cammy collection.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:40 PM   #66
qz33
Doctor Doom

Prime 1 is well aware there are potential customers that would only buy a classic costume. They are not bothered.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 03:43 PM   #67
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Yeah they are terrible overdesigned nonsense
Yeah, even Chun Li I was not a big fan, I think Prime 1 doesn't match with Street Fighter, they don't understand the essence of the characters, I'll prefer PCS over Prime on this particular line, Prime 1 is all about carnival pieces, costing the double of other statues from the same scale.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:02 PM   #68
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

SF6 designs are rad. We had the classic outfits for the past 30 years. Most classic outfits look bland in "realistic" game graphics. It's about time to move on and in my opinion Cammy looks better than in her SF6 outfit. Even as a Cammy hater, I have to give props to her new design.

If her stretching version is the regular version, I am so gonna get her.
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 04:38 PM   #69
God
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Yeah, even Chun Li I was not a big fan, I think Prime 1 doesn't match with Street Fighter, they don't understand the essence of the characters, I'll prefer PCS over Prime on this particular line, Prime 1 is all about carnival pieces, costing the double of other statues from the same scale.
Interesting, I feel the opposite about them now in regards to Street Fighter.

I think the SFV lineup left more to be desired, and it went too overboard on the effects and bases.

This SF6 is quite strong I believe. The bases have an inspiration from the character select background towards the bottom, with inspiration from the stages for the upper portion. The poses and expressions communicate what each character is about.

From the first 3 characters in this SF6 lineup, I think they’ve nailed the essence of each character. The only thing I could see the pieces doing better without is the Drive Impact effects, but these are optional.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 05:33 PM   #70
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Something about the 'look' of SF6 has put me off buying it.
I will see what Capcom come up with for SF7, which i guess will happen at some point? maybe.. as i am not sure how video games are going these days, as there seems at times to be less and less AAA titles. Death Stranding 2 and the new GTA are about the only two titles that interest me, when it comes to future games yet to be released.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote