Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #601
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

I wonder if everyone complaining about the SJW and Feminist agenda were so vocal about Nick Fury being played by some black guy...?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:06 AM   #602
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

When it first came out there was. Gender and race bending are now unfortunately the norm. Its insulting to everyone. Everyone old enough to know the original character(s) anyway. Todays "fans" either dont follow source materials or support the bend so its a non issue.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #603
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Ive watched more than enough reviews/spoilers/leaks to be able to make my opinion. If you disagree or cant see the forrest thru the trees then thats ok.

But youre already stating i shld be rating it a 5 just because I saw it? Basic sjw nonsense.
ha ha so apparently I am a SJW? I'm a 50 year old white guy who has been readying comic books for 45 years who is old enough to know a movie is just a movie. Nice try but no cigar.

Oh yeah, there's this new restaurant and I saw a picture of the food and someone said they didn't like it but two others said it was great so I know based on that that the food is terrible and I don't need to bother trying it. Yep seems like perfect logic to me. Forest through the trees, ha! Again, once you see the movie, let me know your thoughts but until then how about laying off the trolling.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #604
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
When it first came out there was. Gender and race bending are now unfortunately the norm. Its insulting to everyone. Everyone old enough to know the original character(s) anyway. Todays "fans" either dont follow source materials or support the bend so its a non issue.
So where are your complaints about all the other changes to the 616 storylines? EVERY movie is inaccurate in that case. Did you complain about Tony being caught in the Middle East? Thor being cast out but not turned into Donald Blake? How about Banner becoming the Hulk via the TV show experiment, not the test bomb? What about Winter Soldier? Bucky is supposed to be dead, isn't he?

So, is it really the inaccuracies you're complaining about, or just women and minorities?
Old 03-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #605
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
ha ha so apparently I am a SJW? I'm a 50 year old white guy who has been readying comic books for 45 years who is old enough to know a movie is just a movie. Nice try but no cigar.

Oh yeah, there's this new restaurant and I saw a picture of the food and someone said they didn't like it but two others said it was great so I know based on that that the food is terrible and I don't need to bother trying it. Yep seems like perfect logic to me. Forest through the trees, ha! Again, once you see the movie, let me know your thoughts but until then how about laying off the trolling.
"I haven't seen it, but I've found enough like minded people like me saying the things I want to hear about it to KNOW the movie is exactly what I think it is"

LOL!!!
Old 03-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #606
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post

Why so angry, lol? Were the same age but with obviously a different opinion/pov.

SJWs and left leaning libs resort to name calling when they are not agreed with. So I dont agree with you so I must be a troll? Ok.
Unlike the food example, Ive actually seen footage (tasted the food) the same footage everyone else has prob seen. And knowing the behind scenes intent, its distasteful.
And furthermore, Im an MCU fan and was looking forward to seeing this until Larson started her whirlwind and the snowball effect it took from Disney to Rotten Tomatoes to The Mary Sue.

Take your head out of the sand, nothing is just what it is. The directors even said this was feminist [propaganda] so it wasn't "just a movie".
And like I said before, WW was about empowerment but without the arrogant ego and virtue signaling rants of Larson and her name calling supporters. I enjoyed WW and look fwd to the sequel.

I wish I could naively walk thru life, but I cant.

Glad you enjoyed the film. Im sure it had good parts in it, but I cant bring myself to support bringing propaganda/politics into entertainment, especially when it revolves around hypocrisy.

I agree to disagree so Ill just leave this right here.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:48 AM   #607
jpuli28

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
So where are your complaints about all the other changes to the 616 storylines? EVERY movie is inaccurate in that case. Did you complain about Tony being caught in the Middle East? Thor being cast out but not turned into Donald Blake? How about Banner becoming the Hulk via the TV show experiment, not the test bomb? What about Winter Soldier? Bucky is supposed to be dead, isn't he?

So, is it really the inaccuracies you're complaining about, or just women and minorities?
Been there done that, Im all for following source material, but at some point you get tired of pointing those things out. I learned to accept an alteration of the storyline to a degree. Youre also referencing things years old, would you like me to talk about those things or the here and now?

You have to look at the intent behind the change, the things you mentioned aren't gender or race related, smh. My complaint is about intent, virtue signaling, shilling, hypocrisy etc. I said nothing about women or minorities, so dont go there.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #608
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Why so angry, lol? Were the same age but with obviously a different opinion/pov.

SJWs and left leaning libs resort to name calling when they are not agreed with. So I dont agree with you so I must be a troll? Ok.
Unlike the food example, Ive actually seen footage (tasted the food) the same footage everyone else has prob seen. And knowing the behind scenes intent, its distasteful.
And furthermore, Im an MCU fan and was looking forward to seeing this until Larson started her whirlwind and the snowball effect it took from Disney to Rotten Tomatoes to The Mary Sue.

Take your head out of the sand, nothing is just what it is. The directors even said this was feminist [propaganda] so it wasn't "just a movie".
And like I said before, WW was about empowerment but without the arrogant ego and virtue signaling rants of Larson and her name calling supporters. I enjoyed WW and look fwd to the sequel.

I wish I could naively walk thru life, but I cant.

Glad you enjoyed the film. Im sure it had good parts in it, but I cant bring myself to support bringing propaganda/politics into entertainment, especially when it revolves around hypocrisy.

I agree to disagree so Ill just leave this right here.
Angry, please! Your comments and replies make me laugh! you accuse a group of calling name and then you do the exact same thing. Funny stuff!! And I never said you had to agree with my opinion on the movie, everyone has their own opinion. But usually people give them opinion on a movie after actually seeing the movie and not just trailers. You are accusing the movie of doing something yet you have no definitive examples of it.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #609
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Looks like the man-baby rage didn't work.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...obally-1193585
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #610
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Right, cuz making Mar-Vell female was an innocent mistake.
This was the only thing that had me
Other than that I really enjoyed this movie
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote