Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-30-2017, 12:35 AM   #221
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The shipping is going to cost as much as the statue.
It's got to the point where shipping is just too much for me. Now it's like 550.00-600.00 usd for the big pieces. This is a very tough hit on USA buyers after multiple purchases. I'm leaning towards p1 more and more now with less xm orders. The shipping is just to much to bare over and over again.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:38 AM   #222
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The shipping costs on this is why I think XM will have a lower ES than usual. I have heard how big and heavy Optimus is....like don't be surprised if this statue weighs in at 100lbs. I'm not kidding.
I believe it. And shipping could be in two boxes which could run 1000.00 at close to 500.00 each. If one box then maybe around 700.00-800.00? The weight and size will be hard to ship with some not even accepting the box. Medusa was the first already pushing the limits. Some companies turned it down and won't ship it. Imagine this box!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:48 AM   #223
KELPIE
New Republic

Yeah this price is going to sting...

Nearly $2k and then potentially an additional $800?

Optimus is my least favourite Transformer too :P
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:49 AM   #224
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Yeah this price is going to sting...

Nearly $2k and then potentially an additional $800?

Optimus is my least favourite Transformer too :P
That's about what it will cost after shipping....around $2K. FedEX and DHL is cheaper with packages that weight over 70 kgs.

Shipping may be cheaper than we expect. Time will tell.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #225
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
That's about what it will cost after shipping....around $2K. FedEX and DHL is cheaper with packages that weight over 70 kgs.

Shipping may be cheaper than we expect. Time will tell.
Nah mate, you misunderstand.

I'm Aussie remember, Aussie dollar almost on par with the SGD. So I don't get to roll the price back to a cheaper USD.

It's going to be at least $2.5k AUD and that's crazy.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #226
loricstone
Kang

Sorry for my selfishness...I was thinking about me!!!

I feel your pain.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #227
digitaldiscostu
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Nah mate, you misunderstand.

I'm Aussie remember, Aussie dollar almost on par with the SGD. So I don't get to roll the price back to a cheaper USD.

It's going to be at least $2.5k AUD and that's crazy.
I'm in Australia as well and buying the IA line of TF as the pricing is a little more reasonable. Although i was told the XM TF line was going to be released over 3 years for 8 pieces in total given that its almost been a year and so far nothing is up for pre-order yet I'm going to guess it will be more like 5-6 years. Which even if they are $2k plus shipping is ok over that extended period but at those pricing they won't go up in value, also over that period of time i'm expecting this statue market to crash so the last few pieces they might not be able to ask those prices.
digitaldiscostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #228
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldiscostu View Post
I'm in Australia as well and buying the IA line of TF as the pricing is a little more reasonable. Although i was told the XM TF line was going to be released over 3 years for 8 pieces in total given that its almost been a year and so far nothing is up for pre-order yet I'm going to guess it will be more like 5-6 years. Which even if they are $2k plus shipping is ok over that extended period but at those pricing they won't go up in value, also over that period of time i'm expecting this statue market to crash so the last few pieces they might not be able to ask those prices.
Oh yea of little faith! Wait till TCC in a few weeks digital! Your mouth and desire to want the XM TF line will

I think it needs to be said here that it is important to remember that XM has focused on having much shorter turn around times on statues they put up for PO. So the reason why you have probably not seen more than just Optimus is that XM is now starting production and painting even before PO so that they have a head start. You can tell XM is increasing production and decreasing PO to release times. Black Panther only went up for PO about 6 months ago.

Supposedly, Optimus is to be released this year. If so, that would indeed fit the timeline of 4 - 6 months release from time of PO. Keep that in mind.

The problem most people (collectors especially) have is they tend to jump the gun on certain lines and characters too fast when they have yet to see what is coming out from the other companies. In the case of XM...this is a huge mistake for anyone to plop $1K+ down on a TF when XM clearly offers much more options and features for close to the same price.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:52 AM   #229
slynger
Hellboy

This upcoming show (TCC?) - is this the one where Prime will be painted and out for public viewing?
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #230
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
This upcoming show (TCC?) - is this the one where Prime will be painted and out for public viewing?
looks like it
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote