Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-15-2017, 06:13 AM   #331
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Autobots Roll Out ! See you all at TCC (Thailand Comics Con ).

davide87ita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:23 AM   #332
Joel
The Herculoids

Wow how cool is that!
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:09 AM   #333
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

If XM want their collector base to be flexible with future changes in pricing, they should offer the flexibility to select the added parts as a result of the extra cost.

While the deposit for one statue might not be significant, the amount can be quite substantial for several. The monies could have been put to better use instead of staying locked up for something i no longer can afford/deem to be cost worthy. You are actually erring your most hardcore fans.

edit: that picture is sick.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:27 AM   #334
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

so what if i want BB and not OPtimus,,, what will i do with the easter egg
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #335
slynger
Hellboy

For a company that claims to be by collectors and for collectors, this decision is very puzzling.

In the past, XM has gone back and fixed a bad paint job - no cost to the collector.

Tweaked a sculpt after hearing opinions from the community - no cost to the collector.

Delayed a product after something was pointed out by the community - no cost to the collector.

Time and time again they have listened to the community and have garnered a worthy reputation for doing so. I can't say enough good about them.

However, this decision, if they stick with it, is about nothing more than money. I understand that as a business, their goal is to make money. But by "hiding" a couple of extra pieces of the most popular Transformer in other Transformer statues (less popular ones, no doubt) they are sending a message that they are after your money just so you can complete your Optimus Prime statue. One that, at it's current price, should be delivered complete with all pieces.

Please XM, listen to your fans on this one.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #336
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
However, this decision, if they stick with it, is about nothing more than money. I understand that as a business, their goal is to make money. But by "hiding" a couple of extra pieces of the most popular Transformer in other Transformer statues (less popular ones, no doubt) they are sending a message that they are after your money just so you can complete your Optimus Prime statue. One that, at it's current price, should be delivered complete with all pieces.

Like i said before the Matrix is there, but not in the hand. And where they is cost much more as a hand. Just wait.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:41 AM   #337
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Like i said before the Matrix is there, but not in the hand. And where they is cost much more as a hand. Just wait.
It's in his chest as a light up feature Grumpy they said it on FB. Stop playing it all cagey...lol. Oh and you didn't address his point at all. Did you quote the wrong post???
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #338
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
For a company that claims to be by collectors and for collectors, this decision is very puzzling.

In the past, XM has gone back and fixed a bad paint job - no cost to the collector.

Tweaked a sculpt after hearing opinions from the community - no cost to the collector.

Delayed a product after something was pointed out by the community - no cost to the collector.

Time and time again they have listened to the community and have garnered a worthy reputation for doing so. I can't say enough good about them.

Yes! Complete money grab.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:09 PM   #339
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
Yes! Complete money grab.
Knowingly Shorudan I can say I do not believe that at all, but the optics most assuredly look that way.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:49 PM   #340
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This piece is going to be incredible!!!
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote