Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 04-30-2017, 08:46 PM   #41
DCCollector
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I bought the Jim Lee and Injustice versions at a con this weekend. LOVE the Injustice version, but I kind of hate the Jim Lee version. Something never sat right about it with me, but now that I see how out of scale it is I am not a fan at all. I know it would have been hard with this version because it's all makeup and outfit, but there's not enough gray to help it fit in with the others. Literally the only gray is the inside of her mouth and the gun.

Hoping my Amanda Conner replacement gets here soon...it arrived with a broken off right arm and strand of hair. :\
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1761.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	104129  
DCCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #42
Gothamite
Phoenix

Yikes! DC measured to the top of the gun instead of her head.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:49 AM   #43
harley16
Fantastic Four

Yeah they really messed up on that Jim Lee one and I really don't understand exactly why they felt the need to make Jim Lee and the upcoming Terry Dodson Harley in the same classic look . Like Dodson's one is the classic look while they should've let Jim Lee do a rebirth version . It's the same thing that bugs me about the upcoming cover girls line it seems every character is in their rebirth look except Harley . I love classic Harley but it's been done over and over again and I'd love to see a rebirth Harley statue . As for this line I love the injustice 2 version and I hope they let Tony S Daniel do one since he is on Suicide Squad right now .
harley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:18 AM   #44
Gothamite
Phoenix

I wonder if DC lets the artists choose the costumes for the Cover Girls line?

There are plenty of options, such as the Amanda Conner B&W statue. I actually like the Joelle Jones statue as well because I'm tired of HQ being hyper-sexualized.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #45
Madcougar92
Fantastic Four

I love the Jim Lee Harley, but she's so far off scale, I may have to pass.
Madcougar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:30 PM   #46
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCollector View Post
I bought the Jim Lee and Injustice versions at a con this weekend. LOVE the Injustice version, but I kind of hate the Jim Lee version. Something never sat right about it with me, but now that I see how out of scale it is I am not a fan at all. I know it would have been hard with this version because it's all makeup and outfit, but there's not enough gray to help it fit in with the others. Literally the only gray is the inside of her mouth and the gun.

Hoping my Amanda Conner replacement gets here soon...it arrived with a broken off right arm and strand of hair. :\

Sorry to hear about your busted statue.

I wish the Jim Lee statue was bigger. It's almost a different scale in comparison to the others.
Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #47
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

I just picked up the Bombshells one. The smaller scale really adds to the sharpness and I'm extremely impressed with the readability of the tiny decals and grey paint wash for the hair. As someone whose running out of space for the obstructive metal grate bases for the full-size Bombshells, this was a surprisingly worthwhile alternative.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:23 PM   #48
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I just picked up the Bombshells one. The smaller scale really adds to the sharpness and I'm extremely impressed with the readability of the tiny decals and grey paint wash for the hair. As someone whose running out of space for the obstructive metal grate bases for the full-size Bombshells, this was a surprisingly worthwhile alternative.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #49
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Somehow I knew I'd end up with one of the crazies.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:53 PM   #50
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Somehow I knew I'd end up with one of the crazies.