Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #511
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
majestic1 - Mondo wanted to approach it like the original vintage and classics figures, and I totally get it. I think they did a good job in that approach, but since we're doing a "Legends" take on him, and working with resin (more freedom to do unique sculpts from the ground up) we're really taking advantage of that and doing something, different... but I think is totally crazy awesome.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!
man the excitement is real, i can tell you guys are putting love into this line and i cant wait to see what you come up with. ive always felt this property was a gold mine for incredible statues with such unique and cool designs. i can tell its in good hands

definitely a fan of the villains but i hope you guys eventually get to take a crack at man at arms and maybe even battlecat
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:49 PM   #512
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
What is wrong with Scare Glow, if I may ask? In my opinion he is one of the most visually striking MotU characters, and that means a lot, considering that his competitors arenĀ“t really wallflowers themselves.
He's basic and when you talk about MOTU with someone nobody ever says scareglow.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #513
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Puni - Thanks man! Id LOVE to do a new take on a Horde Trooper... that's the true army builder of the MOTU universe.

Acolyte - LOL! I love the way your brain works... Im not gonna give you any more clues...

As for Teela and her Cobra Armor, I think overall, broad appeal wise, shes a little bit more iconic without it... but I get hard-core classic fans feel the opposite - It's how she was first represented in the comics, the toy, etc... but I think we have something in mind that will HOPEFULLY make lots of people happy, but you never know...

KaraFan - Never enough She-Ra, check And totally disagree about Scare Glow. I think he's become one of the more popular characters in the MOTU universe because of his crazy awesome visual appeal and rarity of the original vintage figure. He's popular... Mondo even did great with their 1:6 scale figure and they didnt have a lot of "the core" characters out before him. He also appeared in Origins Wave 2 and has been one of the more sought after figures whenever he comes out... he popular...

grphyx1 - Haha I totally agree on the "...do more unique characters!" and then you hear "...you didnt do all the popular characters!" battle... it's always there, but I get it.

Mister H - We'll definitely have to eventually do a take on him. He's not my favorite, but people love him and he could be really cool to do.

majestic1 - Mondo wanted to approach it like the original vintage and classics figures, and I totally get it. I think they did a good job in that approach, but since we're doing a "Legends" take on him, and working with resin (more freedom to do unique sculpts from the ground up) we're really taking advantage of that and doing something, different... but I think is totally crazy awesome.

I hope you're right cause if this ruins my chances of another She-ra or even a Catra, Shadow Weaver, Scoripa....I'm done. I've been down this road before.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:10 AM   #514
Dandoc
Birdman

Big thanks to Dave Igo for interacting - it’s all very exciting and appreciated!

Basically the only thing I collect are the MOTU statues so it’s great to hear of anything in the works. I have all the Sideshow MOTU, the Tweeterhead busts, a couple of the old NECA statues and the PCS He-Man and Battle Cat set. I’ve been making space for Hordak recently. Space will be an issue soon but for these I’ll make room ������
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:00 AM   #515
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
He's basic and when you talk about MOTU with someone nobody ever says scareglow.
Philintheblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #516
KaraFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Don't need the look...I know for a fact cause this is my thing...MOTU period
Old 10-03-2020, 07:44 PM   #517
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Don't need the look...I know for a fact cause this is my thing...MOTU period
Philintheblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:36 AM   #518
Puni
Birdman

Quote:
Puni - Thanks man! Id LOVE to do a new take on a Horde Trooper... that's the true army builder of the MOTU universe.

definitly

i know i need more than one of them. so when / if there will be a nice statue of them, it won't be cheap for me

keep up the great work! can't wait for Hordak!
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:34 PM   #519
Thor57
Teen Titans

I'll always remember Scareglow as the character that turned Mattell against mike young productions because they used him in a comic when they werent supposed to. I'll have to look up the details of the story, as its vague.

As for Tri-Klops, in the OG 80's toon, I echo Ego's sentiment that he wasnt my favorite. But in the 200x series, they really opened him up to having a personality and purpose. He was just more than a lackey. He really didnt care about Skeletors mission or Evil-Lyn's inevitable betrayal. He just wanted to keep making cool ---- and working on his craft. Supporting those two in their schemes gave him reason to use his toys, and that was enough for him.

I think the 200x series doesnt get enough credit for really diving into and exploring the lore and motivations for a lot of these characters.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:16 AM   #520
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I'll always remember Scareglow as the character that turned Mattell against mike young productions because they used him in a comic when they werent supposed to. I'll have to look up the details of the story, as its vague.

As for Tri-Klops, in the OG 80's toon, I echo Ego's sentiment that he wasnt my favorite. But in the 200x series, they really opened him up to having a personality and purpose. He was just more than a lackey. He really didnt care about Skeletors mission or Evil-Lyn's inevitable betrayal. He just wanted to keep making cool ---- and working on his craft. Supporting those two in their schemes gave him reason to use his toys, and that was enough for him.

I think the 200x series doesnt get enough credit for really diving into and exploring the lore and motivations for a lot of these characters.
It wasn‘t Mike Young Productions (the 200X Cartoon creators) who used Scareglow without permission, but MV Creations - this was the label of the 200X comics. The problem was that at this time Scareglow wasn‘t introduced as 200X character before. MV Creations was eager to get their story out for Halloween 2003 but didn’t get feedback from Mattel on time. So they just printed and published it and after that they weren‘t allowed to use new characters at all - just the ones who were used in the cartoon before.

melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote