Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #1421
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
"Spin rip fatality at the very least" lol - if that is the very least what is the very best? A bath of blood and spines and decapited bodies???

I agree that the iconic spine rip is the most appropriate post victory stance. But i just can't imagine it looking good next to scorpion who is in a relaxed stance.
ill post a pic of all 3 ninjas together in the stance i think itll look awesome with subz in the middle
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #1422
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
As iconic as that may be i would hate it. Already tough to justify having a scary scorpion statue in the house with small kids, but a ripped out spine would be a no no. Plus i do not enjoy overly gory statues. They are tough having around a house where you have kids but also where you have guests.
"I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake. Now it's time to erase that mistake!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMario616 View Post
I feel like you're collecting the wrong line if you want a clean statue. Granted the 1/4 line is clean.. But the sub zero 1/3 must have a spine rip fatality at the very least.
I love you guys. I make a suggestion, times passes with no chatter, then it's "spine rip or bust!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
call me crazy but i'd think Sub would be more iconic for ice then for holding a bloody spine so maybe that might be the direction they go
Scorpion and Sub-Zero; fire and ice. I get it. But Scorpion's 1:3 doesn't incorporate fire (lava base), because it's not his defining feature. Ice is more defining for Sub-Zero, sure, but none of his ice moves really are. I certainly wouldn't think the use of ice would be a bad decision, but I can't think of any great way to use it(maybe just likewise for his base?). I'm not in favor of the "ice arm" suggestion as I don't recall that being accurate for the first few games(correct me if I'm wrong), so it wasn't accurate for the 1:4 either.

Quote:
"Spin rip fatality at the very least" lol - if that is the very least what is the very best? A bath of blood and spines and decapited bodies???

I agree that the iconic spine rip is the most appropriate post victory stance. But i just can't imagine it looking good next to scorpion who is in a relaxed stance.
I dunno. After a spine rip, you've won. You know you can relax because the fight's over.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #1423
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

if pcs does do a bloody statue it has to have the right flow and consistency. you can't just splatter blood on a statue and think it will come out good. although their paint job is not pcs or sideshow quality art of war has one of the best blood effects on their statues. since they deal with an extremely gory subject it suits it perfectly. i think blood is need in some mk statues not all. if any statue should have blood it should of been baraka. having those blades bloody would of brought that amazing statue out even more. i like pcs decision on the blood for the 1:3 scorpion its not overkill but its there perfect imo.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #1424
Indridcold99
The Avengers

I'd be fine with something like the MK motion
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #1425
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
call me crazy but i'd think Sub would be more iconic for ice then for holding a bloody spine so maybe that might be the direction they go
syco collectibles did a premium format subzero with him holding scorpions bloody head and scorpions eyes light up as well as subs eyes. the cool thing about the base for that statue is that subzero is shown creating the base with his other hand. one hand is holding scorpion the the other hand is attached to the ice base with the illusion he created it. i was pissed they changed the base idea and now he is just holding a piece of scorpions costume. LAME. that was one of the coolest bases i've seen a character actually creating the base for the statue very unique.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #1426
Verbal21
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My two choices would be his floor freeze look or forming an ice ball similar to this, but in a museum pose so it can go well with Scorpions.

If they wanna save some money too, they could get away with a similar pose for Reptile
Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #1427
kevin2323

They saved enough with the 1/4 ninjas. These 1/3 pieces need to be unique and epic.

Frozen skull members unite!
Old 11-21-2014, 03:37 AM   #1428
SurlyJ
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah the 1/3 line needs to be totally unique. I would love the spine rip over anything. Sub Zero's ice moves were certainly very important, but not iconic... It's just a haduken with ice... His other ice moves were scattered and meaningless. Spine rip IS sub zero through and through. But I doubt we'll get it. Ice arms suck... They suck on the 1/4 and would suck in 1/3 I bet.

For reptile I want him smiling, licking his lips in a lizard head and rubbing his belly.
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #1429
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
Yeah the 1/3 line needs to be totally unique. I would love the spine rip over anything. Sub Zero's ice moves were certainly very important, but not iconic... It's just a haduken with ice... His other ice moves were scattered and meaningless. Spine rip IS sub zero through and through. But I doubt we'll get it. Ice arms suck... They suck on the 1/4 and would suck in 1/3 I bet.

For reptile I want him smiling, licking his lips in a lizard head and rubbing his belly.
yep the display would be like this

scorpion chain pose-> subz victory frozen skull/spine pose-> reptile rubbing his belly/something else pose.

subzero with an ice ball or just ice hands would be a let down.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #1430
ambasah
Red Skull

if the other statues in this line are exactly the same I will not be buying and most likely selling this.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote