Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-13-2017, 04:10 PM   #4051
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
With all respect to everyone that paid aftermarket prices don't take it out on pcs you made your personal choice. A company can't be responsible for what you decide to pay for a statue. Not happy they did it but they like every other compAny they here to make money. Don't let great customer service, flawless paint, reasonable prices, fast shipping etc from other companies cloud your judgement all competing with each other all need to pay bills all want as much money as possible. Pcs just takes more and offer less.
Sorry but this is SO wrong on SO many levels. How can you say pcs isn't even PARTIALLY responsible for the aftermarket hikes and what is being payed?!

The owner of the company himself has been on record saying he wants his pieces to raise in value in the aftermarket. So what does he do? He creates low ES's and great sculpts.

That in turn caused his PO's to sell out at lightning quick speeds.

But then he either isn't delivering in quality, which cause people to cancel. Or he adds replacement (aps) into the mix. Both are adding to the es increases and BOTH are pcs's fault.

Granted part of the problem is the oversatuation of product on the market, but these faults are a BIG cause.

Hell I would have certainly kept my scorpion had the quality of the production been excellent. One less of the 250 run available but I cancelled it.

I feel companies owe us quality pieces. That IS on them. Your stance makes you sound like none of this is an issue!

The fact remains: Quanlity is to be expected, not raising the es is mandatory and treating your own product with respect is crucial in being successful as a business.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #4052
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
The companies credibility was already questioned when

1. Owner rants at his customers on social media when they disagree with him or bring up legitamate concerns (although I condone some of the rants)
2. 2 plus year back log on shipping statues
3. 6 months back log in shipping statues when in hands
4. Production pieces 80% like proto sometimes less
5. Months to refund customers or solve their issues
6. Random changes in edition size without notice
7. Customer service, shipping manager, website technician, factory manager, the man that sweeps the office all replaced every few months
8. No official updates on anything just on statue forum
9. When positive feedback and praises are given replies can be found instantly any concerns about anything such as what's been happening with these APS and people getting chances at statues long sold out hell I still want to know why my vega's hair is touching his lips no response.

Damn I don't have a number 10 so screw it here is your number 10 FERRARI.
This post I agree with. Your other one not at all.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #4053
DoomGuy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Jerry might not be the best business man, but he is the most fun.
Has the best sculpts, and gives us our favourite franchise statues.

If Jerry ever quit making statues, i personally would quit collecting statues too.
Would feel so empty without Him.

All we need is more interaction from him on fb and the forums!!
DoomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:14 AM   #4054
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomGuy View Post
Jerry might not be the best business man, but he is the most fun.
Has the best sculpts, and gives us our favourite franchise statues.

If Jerry ever quit making statues, i personally would quit collecting statues too.
Would feel so empty without Him.

All we need is more interaction from him on fb and the forums!!
"Best sculpts" is very subjective term (I appreciate it's you opinion) but I don't think Jerry would say he is better than Steve Wang for example. Interactions on Facebook and other places like this forum are like stepping in to a inferno which really only someone courting to be burnt would go, this is not helped by the terrible customer service which festers contempt. social media witch hunts are becoming a far more common thing nowadays. I am sure you would find something else to fill that hole if Jerry did ever down sculpting tools.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #4055
DoomGuy
Kindly Asked To Leave

Whens the last time this Steve Wang sculpted a Kintaro or Akuma? Ahhh he hasnt has he? So why are we even talking about him? Lol

I collect SF and MK so Steve Wang is a noboddy to me, capish??
DoomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:00 PM   #4056
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Had to look up Steve Wang... yeah, his work looks legit. Monster-wise, he looks to be right up there with Jerry. But his subjects are the generic AvP type stuff. His muscle anatomy doesn't look remarkable. I just see a lot of busts with generic art direction.

Ultimately, I'm only putting my money down for subjects/licenses that interest me. Jerry has persisted with niche licenses (compared to the overdone Marvel, DC, Terminator, AvP, etc.) that also best showcase his abilities (muscles).
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:34 PM   #4057
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
Had to look up Steve Wang... yeah, his work looks legit. Monster-wise, he looks to be right up there with Jerry. But his subjects are the generic AvP type stuff. His muscle anatomy doesn't look remarkable. I just see a lot of busts with generic art direction.

Ultimately, I'm only putting my money down for subjects/licenses that interest me. Jerry has persisted with niche licenses (compared to the overdone Marvel, DC, Terminator, AvP, etc.) that also best showcase his abilities (muscles).
Steve wang and Jerry are good friends according to Jerry. Both run different operations both price points are massively different. Both sculptors are different and both talented. Steve wang sculpted cinemaquette predator Jerry sculpted Akuma they both did pretty well for themselves.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:54 AM   #4058
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
The companies credibility was already questioned when

1. Owner rants at his customers on social media when they disagree with him or bring up legitamate concerns (although I condone some of the rants)
2. 2 plus year back log on shipping statues
3. 6 months back log in shipping statues when in hands
4. Production pieces 80% like proto sometimes less
5. Months to refund customers or solve their issues
6. Random changes in edition size without notice
7. Customer service, shipping manager, website technician, factory manager, the man that sweeps the office all replaced every few months
8. No official updates on anything just on statue forum
9. When positive feedback and praises are given replies can be found instantly any concerns about anything such as what's been happening with these APS and people getting chances at statues long sold out hell I still want to know why my vega's hair is touching his lips no response.

Damn I don't have a number 10 so screw it here is your number 10 FERRARI.
I had a good laugh with your number 10
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #4059
Atimantium
Hydra

Custom 100% cotton 3 layer suit.
FX blood splatter on costume and body.
Burnt Charcoal stains.
A More Video game accurate cut and sew.

I think I'm done now. Hope you guys like it.
It took a while but it's better than it was in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5933.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	107403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5934.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	107404  
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:42 PM   #4060
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

What are you trying to do with the hulk?

Don't take this as an offense. I HAVE the red version of this statue. We both need to throw this statue in garbage. Pure sh$t from ss. Bought it only because it was insanely cheap. Only difference between green and red is at least red came out like proto only problem is proto was painted like s$it.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote