Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #2211
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
How so? If that is the case it seems to me they were simply throwing the audience off the scent. Or is there another element you're not liking?
I'm of the opinion that characters should not know more than audience, at least not for very long. It's not a strict rule, but I think that it can lead to cases like this one where there is a potential to lessen the impact of a reveal. If the intent was to throw us off the scent, I'd say it wasn't entirely successful. Many of us are already debating whether or not Arya is aware of the deception. If it turns out that she was actually aware of it, then IMO the reveal will be less impactful because we were already partly expecting it. Let's say when Littlefinger was shown hiding in the shadows as Arya came out of his room, Arya gave us a look implying she knew he was there. This whole time I would have been much more excited by the fact that someone was finally ahead of Littlefinger, and I'd be anticipating seeing him confidently trying to manipulate, all the while knowing it was probably him being manipulated. The way it is know it's just making Arya look foolish. I guess we'll see where it ends up, but this is how I'm feeling about it right now.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #2212
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I liked how quickly Jorah identified the Night King as the one target they had to kill to stop all the wights, he took it all in stride and was just like "we gotta kill that guy up there" Jorah's pretty good with a javelin too, maybe next time he'll bring a few with him.
That was Beric, and he's the one that makes the least sense to point that out, imo. The others had either seen the NK before, or were probably told what he looked like. I guess Beric either had visions or has good (one)eyesight to spot the slightly different looking, kingly White Walker... not a big deal though.

But, upon third viewing, I found myself asking why NK didn't just throw the javelin at a vulnerable Drogon, sitting still on the ground, instead of a flying dragon ?? More vulnerable undercarriage perhaps? But - then he was going to throw the second one at him, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And then I suppose I can fill in the blanks as to why after killing the dragon, the Walkers and the wights just started leaving...must have been to go get the chains, right?

Also, as to Arya - who here thinks it may not really be Arya?
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:22 AM   #2213
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

This exact thought crossed my mind after my second viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #2214
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Never really considered that. Probabaly because it would cheapen the moments of her returning to Winterfell and reuniting with her family after so long.

What I did consider however, when Sansa discovered the bag-o-faces, was the possibility Arya has been impersonating Littlefinger in an effort to test Sansa's loyalty.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:50 AM   #2215
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Never really considered that. Probabaly because it would cheapen the moments of her returning to Winterfell and reuniting with her family after so long.

What I did consider however, when Sansa discovered the bag-o-faces, was the possibility Arya has been impersonating Littlefinger in an effort to test Sansa's loyalty.
Exactly what I was thinking. However, wouldn't that mean Littlefinger is already dead?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #2216
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking. However, wouldn't that mean Littlefinger is already dead?
It would. Probably not likely but it crossed my mind so figured I'd mention it in fun.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #2217
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
I think so, and they showed Arya and Littlefnger watching her get the note so I don't think that could be the case as they are both alive at the same time.

RE Arya not being Arya I have heard that possibility too but I don't think she would have known the fat kid if she was actually the waif in Arya face or know about all the particulars of Winterfell such as going down to the crypts when she first got there.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #2218
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I think so, and they showed Arya and Littlefnger watching her get the note so I don't think that could be the case as they are both alive at the same time.
That was the last time we saw them together though.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #2219
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That was the last time we saw them together though.
Right. He could have been killed right after that for all we know. I like the idea of it being Arya this whole time but I worry that by having Littlefinger killed off camera it might rob the viewer of the satisfaction of actually witnessing his demise.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:18 PM   #2220
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Right. He could have been killed right after that for all we know. I like the idea of it being Arya this whole time but I worry that by having Littlefinger killed off camera it might rob the viewer of the satisfaction of actually witnessing his demise.
That's why I considered the possibility pretty slim. Would be cool though, especially if she used the dagger.