Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #451
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Correct. I believe the EX is still available on Prime 1's website. Sideshow has sold out of their allocation that Prime 1 has currently given them. Once it gets near time of release and if Prime 1 still has any EXs still available, they'll give those to Sideshow and then Sideshow will give those to people on the waitlist. After that, then I would say the EXs are truly sold out.
Yeah, that's what happened with the EX AO Deathstroke as well. Tons of waitlisters were converted before it actually sold out. The same will happen with Catwoman. Whatever pieces P1 can't move will go to anyone on sideshow's WL. The only conversion that I'd be worried about is the EX Mr. Freeze. That had a very low ES and the sculpt turned out incredible. Based on those 2 factors, I'd say conversions on it will be tight. Other than possibly Freeze, no other P1 Arkham piece has been difficult to score at retail or less and that includes the EXs. That will include this AK Catwoman too regardless of what forps says.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:51 AM   #452
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

How lucky is that bast…, forps !! He predicted every single sell-out! I hate him when he preaches, i totally hate him, he exposed us (pushers, hypers, guys receiving free stuff and then HYPING in order to sell it on ebay etc), I hate him, but its obvious that he knows his s..t. His predictions are second to none and that damn… eye. One f…g glimpse is all he needs to predict everything. Whether a sculpt is going to sell or not, which is the best price in order to sell well, what are the needed changes to make it more appealing for the average collector, everything. That damn….eye..

Lets clear things up, guys. You should read Thanos on throne thread from page1 or the thread for Lady Maria from Bloodborne or Mr Freeze’s. If it were just luck, then why the hell did forps remain silent in XE 1/3 Batman's thread ? If Mr Freeze was a hit, why forps was AGAIN right not to predict a fast sellout for his companion piece, XE 1/3 Batman ? The obvious was to predict something similar but he didn’t and his track record is second to none. His predictions are as if he hangs out with Emmett Brown!

Well, lets clear some things. Grab your pencils to take some notes, guys. Forps is going to preach now.

Prime1’s video game DC license has many misses and some hits. Some of the misses are due to lack of experience and due to false implementation of translucent resin on some sculpts.

Arkham Batman 1/3 (the first 1/3 from Prime1) = EASY pass (looks like a giant action figure, his head is too small for his body, the whole statue gives a strong action figure vibe)

Arkham Knight 1/3. Nice try but combination of a B list character + unknown to the masses =- difficult to appreciate in the aftermarket

Harley 1/3 = EASYYYY pass…The face and hands give the impression of a plastic doll, translucent resin does not translate well in this statue, it looks like melted plastic, like wax = + the sculpt needed full mixed media (not only the skirt) = AGAIN a strong toy vibe

Bane Venom 1/3 = again some mistakes from Prime1 who was still learning the game = EASY pass

Bane Mercenary 1/3 = the best from the 2 Prime1’s Banes. Mercenary’s pose oozes attitude. Possible appreciation

Two Face 1/3 = FULL-SCULPT looks atrocious = when a new Two Face statue with mixed media comes for PO, this will go DOWNNNNN in value. WAYYYY down

Killer Croc 1/3 = ATROCIOUS sculpt and application of translucent resin but with Sideshow producing the PUNIEST Killer Croc PFF evahhhh, this 1/3 is saved for the time being. Nevertheless, a NEW Killer Croc PFF standing upright and its fate is also sealed.

Nightwing 1/3 = A JOKE. Probably the WORST 1/3 ive ever seen. 100% doll vibe and that hair….God, that hair !!!

Batgirl 1/3 = contrary to Harley 1/3, the armor and tight costume SAVES Batgirl 1/3. If she was standing upright to MATCH other 1/3 sculpts height-wise, it would probably appreciate. But if a new and taller 1/3 Batgirl comes up, then KO. Nevertheless, I predict that Batgirl will hold value whereas Harley 1/3 wont

Robin 1/3 = nice sculpt, “niche” character, not many statues of Robin around = I see him holding his value

Joker Arkham Origins 1/3 = too many things going on =TOY vibe. Combined with the lack of mixed media (Joker as a character needs mixed media for big scales) and possible new versions coming for po = NO way it will hold value in the long run

Batman Arkham Origins 1/3 = A JOKE. The definition of action figure looking. Easy pass

Masterpieces who will appreciate

Mr Freeze 1/3
Deathstroke 1/3
Catwoman 1/3
Azrael 1/3
= a “niche” character. I like the sculpt and the attitude, but i hate the lack of mixed media. Future value = UP
….and if QC holds, Flashpoint Batman 1/3 (as a niche representation and a perfect execution, I can see it going up in value once its gone)

Regarding Catwoman 1/3

PERFECT pose, perfect execution, BIG sculpt (the 1st 1/3 Catwoman), the tight costume makes the choice between mixed media and full-sculpt IRRELEVANT, it looks killer, 4 head sculpts, many choices, T+A factor = quick sell-out and it will appreciate in the future. Easily. Surely there are 1250 REGs out there and surely there are going to be cancellations from guys (we have 1.5 year till release) but I cant see this going down in value. NO WAY.

So from Prime1’s DC video game 1/3 statues, I predict ONLY 5 statues going up in value (once they sell-out, of course). 3 statues maintaining value and the others PLUMMETING in aftermarket.

So average collectors should

1) Copy the above post
2) Open a Word document and paste it
3) Print it
4) Keep it next to their laptop or under their pillows, so as every time a pusher or hyper pushes something and average collectors are asking themselves whether to buy it or not, eg Nightwing 1/3, they could just unfold the paper, read forps and of course, abstain from POing a hyped item

Or we could summarize the above with what Gyro Zeppeli wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Lord Forps always knows.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #453
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

People get forum bans for being less annoying. This guy must have majority shares in Statueforum.com
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #454
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Oops, i forgot Batman Beyond 1/3. Nice statue, black and red make a good contrast, the "armored" look makes it looking dope. Possible appreciation.

Well, Silas Loki, why ? Ive never called a member here idiot or jerk as some guys do for me. Some guys in this forum are even PUSHING and hyping stuff or doing other "shady" things in close cooperation with the companies. Really "shady" things. Not going to call them out, there is no reason to do so. Im simply expressing my views for statues. If you dont like my posts, you can always press IGNORE and move on. Why bother ?

As for "he is annoying, lets delete him". Its a rather fascist thing to delete someone because you dont like his posts or his views. In your life, you should learn to RESPECT different opinions. But probaly you are too young like Parallax, you have many things to learn.

Fyi, i never, NEVER asked for a post to get deleted or a member here, when there are packs of guys attacking me, night and day. NEVER. You can ask moderators if i ever asked for anything or for protection

But let it be. Ill stop writing here. If you want to "silence" a guy who is "annoying", then ok. So statueforum, it was a nice ride. Be strong, keep your eyes for pushers, hypers, people receiving free stuff and trying to convince you to buy them with your HARD earned money (whereas they pay nothing)...Be careful, guys. And of course, collect what YOU like and not what some guys are hyping. Never let anyone influence your judgement. Trust YOUR eyes only.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #455
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by forps View Post
Grab your pencils to take some notes, guys. Forps is going to preach now.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #456
goto
Mephisto

"Oops, i forgot Batman Beyond 1/3. Nice statue, black and red make a good contrast, the "armored" look makes it looking dope. Possible appreciation."

Thanks this guy is my first Prime1 Statue following from Mr.Freeze and Batman Flashpoint.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #457
gearhead
The Herculoids

Sorry to see you go forps. I actually find your posts pretty entertaining.

I think forps is right on this one. It would be a mistake to judge Catwoman's performance based on previous Arkham releases. She is the first high profile character in the Arkham line that is going to appeal to the masses (those not in the 3%) and she will be in much higher demand than the others. Yes, Batman is high profile, but all of the Arkham Batman designs are too much different from a mainstream look to really appeal to a majority. For any given design there are just as many people who hate it as love it. Not to mention the amount of choice a buyer has now with Batman. I also don't think 750, or even 2000 is too high an ES for this statue, because she will have that mass appeal.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #458
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The moment a Hush Catwoman is released all market predicting for this piece will mean nothing. Jim Lee comic line will be more appealing than a video game line. It is a long standing rule that comic versions are more appealing than movie/other versions. That is something that's missing from this analysis.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:47 AM   #459
gearhead
The Herculoids

I almost did mention a Hush Catwoman, but I didn't want to stir the pot too much with what I'm now about to say.

Even if they make a Hush Catwoman, I don't think a grey, rather plain costumed Catwoman is going to top this one in the eyes of the masses. For a lot of hardcore comic fans, yeah, just because it's Jim Lee. But not for the masses. I like Jim Lee's art, I might buy a Jim Lee Catwoman. But I'm also one of the hardcore 3%ers. The masses will buy the one that looks better.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #460
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Who are these masses spending $1000 on Catwomans? Not trying to be funny, but I think at some point the "price to definitive version" formula gets real when dealing with 1/3 scale at $1000.