Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-08-2022, 03:43 AM   #521
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Question for US buyers who've ordered from Sugo... how do they ship to the states?
DHL Express
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:56 AM   #522
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
First off, I never mentioned your name in my post, and didn't even consider you when I wrote it. You're choosing to take my words personally - so it's on you.

What I'm supposed to grovel and humbly apologise because you read the screen and see yourself reflected in my words?

I assume you're a grown ass man, so I won't presume to instruct you how you should spend your money, or who you should trust. That's your problem.

But I absolutely stand by my statement - only a delusional person would take at face value, an "empty promise" to fix something on a statue that has not only gone up for preview, but also up for pre-order with said "issue" obviously unfixed . According to your own statement - JND "promised" - they would be working to make it as good as possible - so where did they guarantee the seam would be removed? And what if this is "as good as possible"?....

Now your crying that they didn't keep to their word....is this your first statue? Have you been collecting for a month?.....how do you not know how these statue companies work?

And you're attacking me for (supposedly) calling you delusional - when it was you that committed $2500 of your money on a "wish", and hopes rather than what is right in front of you.....
Personally I think it?s harsh to refer to collectors as idiots. Yes, at times I/we have all been Naive but that?s out of hope and trust in the companies will do their best and make good on delivering their best products to collectors

However, I do feel some companies take their customers for idiots.
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 05:35 AM   #523
Brandon
The X-Men

Just saw a video of the production piece, and they most definitely modified her shorts. It's not a deal breaker for me, but still a bit of a let down. This is the same thing WB did to a trailer for the film.

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:16 AM   #524
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Personally I think it?s harsh to refer to collectors as idiots. Yes, at times I/we have all been Naive but that?s out of hope and trust in the companies will do their best and make good on delivering their best products to collectors

However, I do feel some companies take their customers for idiots.
I never stated that collectors are idiots, I referred to a particular mindset as being (in my opinion) idiotic - there's a big difference!

Salesmen are salesmen, regardless of the product or company. These guys have one job, and that is to drum up sales. Since the dawn of time, it's clear and proven, that Salesmen will say anything to secure the customers money.....I don't understand why I need to explain this.

To give a company your money in the hope that what you'll get will be different to what is advertised is extremely risky. When you place your pre-order, it's not binding according to what you wish the product will be, it's binding according to the direct description and photos shown (and even then, you'll be lucky to get anything near the prototype shown) - so someone complaining after the fact, that they feel cheated is mind blowing - especially when the majority of those complaining are adults, who should deal with this kind of thing in a daily basis.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:31 AM   #525
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I never stated that collectors are idiots, I referred to a particular mindset as being (in my opinion) idiotic - there's a big difference!

Salesmen are salesmen, regardless of the product or company. These guys have one job, and that is to drum up sales. Since the dawn of time, it's clear and proven, that Salesmen will say anything to secure the customers money.....I don't understand why I need to explain this.

To give a company your money in the hope that what you'll get will be different to what is advertised is extremely risky. When you place your pre-order, it's not binding according to what you wish the product will be, it's binding according to the direct description and photos shown (and even then, you'll be lucky to get anything near the prototype shown) - so someone complaining after the fact, that they feel cheated is mind blowing - especially when the majority of those complaining are adults, who should deal with this kind of thing in a daily basis.
You said ?Anyone who orders a piece at this price, hoping the manufacturer will make "changes", especially to fundamental design choices - is basically an idiot?.

You are basically saying collectors are idiots. Nothing in there that mentions mindset. Also why go back and edit your post from idiot to delusional rather than stand by your original terminology

Customers have also expressed concerns that JND appear to have made changes to the shorts. Does this also mean that anyone who orders a piece at this price point hoping the manufacture will NOT make changes is also an idiot

What I am saying a better choice of word is at times collectors are naive

The rest of your example is also open for debate. For example if I buy a car and it arrives different from the spec I selected I can refuse it due to UK regulations
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:26 AM   #526
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGwen View Post
Saw this on Instagram. I'm a fan

A lot of big smile Harley out there, i would have prefered something different. It ends up hurting my zygomatics to look at them
The seam inside the thighs is not great, ( is a 1/3 seamless fishnet technically impossible? I doubt it...) but it is still a very nice realization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Just saw a video of the production piece, and they most definitely modified her shorts. It's not a deal breaker for me, but still a bit of a let down. This is the same thing WB did to a trailer for the film.

That short looks bigger and bigger...
I know, bad photos, but looks like they even wiped the bottom of the buttocks
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:55 AM   #527
ukshaun
Hercules

I wonder if the belt is playing a part in making the shorts look bigger?
I doubt the leg sculpt would have changed. Lighting might be altering perceptions.
The angle of the lower part of the shorts looks very different.
I have PM'd JND for their take..
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:02 AM   #528
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
You said ?Anyone who orders a piece at this price, hoping the manufacturer will make "changes", especially to fundamental design choices - is basically an idiot?.

You are basically saying collectors are idiots.Nothing in there that mentions mindset. Also why go back and edit your post from idiot to delusional rather than stand by your original terminology
No, you're completely wrong. If I'd said "collectors are idiots" - I would be saying that the very act of collecting is idiotic.

I said collectors are idiots under the specific intention of paying money to a company, not based on what is specifically offered, but on the hopes that the thing offered will change - especially if there is no implied or contractual agreement that changes will be made.

If you can't see / understand the fundamental differences in those two statements - then I really can't help you.

I changed the term idiots to delusional because (case in point) having an opinion doesn't have to result in offending people, and if the word idiot is offending people and obscuring the point I'm trying to make, then it's better to change it.....

Quote:
Customers have also expressed concerns that JND appear to have made changes to the shorts. Does this also mean that anyone who orders a piece at this price point hoping the manufacture will NOT make changes is also an idiot

What I am saying a better choice of word is at times collectors are naive

The rest of your example is also open for debate. For example if I buy a car and it arrives different from the spec I selected I can refuse it due to UK regulations
Now you're embellishing my statement with your own points.

I was referring to the seam in the tights - I mentioned NOTHING about the shorts.

In fact, if you read my original statement I specifically suggested - at this point the discussion should centre around whether JND have delivered according to the prototype, and not rehashing a debate about design choices that resulted in the statue being a sell out. I've said for a long time, it's completely unfair for a company to take deposits and payments and then change / degrade the product quality afterwards. In this case a customer would have every right to complain and demand destitution.

Your analogy regarding the car is completely incorrect in relation to my point. A more appropriate analogy would be a customer ordering a green car - in the hopes the manufacturer will supply a red car, and then complaining when a green car is delivered.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:27 AM   #529
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Show & Tell will be this week, cannot wait for this fantastic statue to release
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:37 AM   #530
ukshaun
Hercules

Let the Wookie win.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote