Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2023, 09:27 AM   #1
Cheisa
Doh!

High end statue market?

Typically as always I find myself scrolling at numerous medium level figurines composed of ABS or PBC. The typical price range of $100-$300. However I'm pretty sure we all know that resin statue that typically cost above $300, I was wondering what's the market for this? (Is it that big, like are there really rich collectors just lurking if so where are they?)

*Or does it as always depends on the anime or manga or whatever medium they turn into a statue, like it could be coolest looking statue ever but if no one has heard the character you based your state then there's no sales.
Cheisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:42 PM   #2
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Are you saying you think statues costing over $300 is for rich collectors? Sorry if I'm not understanding what you are saying.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:50 AM   #3
Cheisa
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
Are you saying you think statues costing over $300 is for rich collectors? Sorry if I'm not understanding what you are saying.
My bad that was just an example, I was just wondering if the resin market is a more niche market as the entry is higher than your ABS or PBC figurines. But then again, if I'm correct there are loans or payment plans for resin figurines so you can budget that out. But if that's the case why don't people tend to buy it more? (In my opinion at the very least I think it looks better than your typical ABS or PBC figurines)
Cheisa is offline   Reply With Quote