Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #5821
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
I'll put up some photos after I edit them, so probably tomorrow night!
Thanks alot. I'll wait for your pics.. My Rogue statue is the regular version only and I am happy with her, Her eyes are looking at both direction, similar to the prototype eye, but she does suffer from heavy eye make up, which I think every single statue is.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #5822
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

If you guys look at the makeup on the Vampirella PF it was painted perfectly. Amazing how they can completely botch it on Rogue and get it perfect on another statue.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #5823
CustomPaintWork
Kindly Asked To Leave

Which leads me to believe whomever decided to experiment with a new set of factories or paint should probably be fired. At these prices there should be no excuse as to why certain slip ups are allowed its not acceptable, ie paint flakes, mis-spelled bases and company names, piss poor paint apps.
CustomPaintWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #5824
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomPaintWork View Post
Which leads me to believe whomever decided to experiment with a new set of factories or paint should probably be fired. At these prices there should be no excuse as to why certain slip ups are allowed its not acceptable, ie paint flakes, mis-spelled bases and company names, piss poor paint apps.
Agreed. That's why I steer clear of Sideshow's Marvel line for the most part. There are countless examples of pieces in the Marvel line who's whole run was riddled with sloppy paint apps, damage, and just poor QC in general like Rogue and Psylocke for that matter.

I have come to the conclusion that Sideshow doesn't care about QC when it comes to their Marvel line and as a result we get sub par and poorly produced pieces for our hard earned money.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #5825
fderado
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
My rogue replacement is finally on the way. They asked me to destroy it and send in pics or they will charge me. I emailed them back to send me interest on 300.00 for the year they kept my money.
LMAO-be interesting to know what they'd reply to that.
fderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #5826
AUTOBATJAZZ
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I got my replacement and I'm going to destroy the old one as so as I have time!
AUTOBATJAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #5827
Formula009
Birdman

I got my replacement back in January - for those of you getting them now would you mind posting a quick pic?

I'm curiouse if the paint app is ALOT better for those who had to wait for the new batch as opposed to those of us who didn't have to wait too long
Formula009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #5828
AUTOBATJAZZ
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula009 View Post
I got my replacement back in January - for those of you getting them now would you mind posting a quick pic?

I'm curiouse if the paint app is ALOT better for those who had to wait for the new batch as opposed to those of us who didn't have to wait too long
It's the same!, I end up keeping my old EX head and going to detroy new EX Head and two regular head.

AUTOBATJAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #5829
fderado

Just got my replacement head and body...and I've just about given up hope on this getting any better...the replacement pieces are even worse...the poor paint applications on the body piece may look a little subtle in the pictures but it is so noticeable on hand. The paint on the replacement head is perfect but the frakkin' left eye has wandered to the extreme far left corner...don't they inspect these replacement parts before they send them out?.....arrrgh...so frustrated.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #5830
fderado

They've even managed to frak up the rogue print....