Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 03-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
thanks for the info Quarthon! I hope its true and it will be less money in calgary, most i'd pay is $60
I hoping it works out. I just got my t-800 pf from California. Planning on getting it signed by Michael Biehn, Linda Hamilton, and maybe Peter Kent. I'm not sure how much they would charge for the autograph, but I'm hoping the line up isn't ridiculous as last year.
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #22
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

They finally listed some more comic guests today. For, me the most noteworthy being Simon Bisley. Here's hoping I can set something up with him!
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #23
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I noticed Bisley as well, im super pissed I sold my bisley batman black and white statue I got the mignola one and tim sale one signed previous years and would have liked to have a signature on the bisley but alas, I missed out on getting the steve rude and george perez black and white signed too
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #24
Scion009

Currently have a Hela piece set up with Adi Granov for the show. Still waiting on more guests to be listed to set other pieces up.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #25
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

They released a schedule for vancouver expo the other day and it doesnt have a time for Stan Lee signing autographs...

but it does have some section where "random celebs" will be signing autographs. Will Stan Lee be in that section or what... Im confused.

Edit: did some research
All celebrities (including Stan Lee) will be signing autographs throughout the weekend at their own signing booths. We will be posting their booth locations shortly. Generally the celebrities set their own signing schedule, but are usually there for most of the time.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #26
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

looks like the Calgary expo sold out about a week ago, no on site sales for tickets, glad I got my advance tickets in January!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #27
Scion009

Yup, got my tickets a long time ago as well. I see some people bellyaching on Facebook about there being no tickets. Saying "I've been looking forward to this for months, and now I won't be able to get in!" I say...boo hoo...lol. They gave fair warning tickets were selling out. If you couldn't get your butt online to buy tickets like everybody else, you only have yourself to blame. :P
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #28
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

yeah I agree, if someone didn't pre-order by this time then they only have themselves to blame. I knew when they announced that if tickets would sell out, none would be available at the door, that the tickets would definitely sell out so I got mine right away.

Im happy they did it this way, I think its gonna help control the crowds, and everyone who pre-ordered tickets are guaranteed admission unlike last year where they were turning people away who preordered and let people in who just bought tickets at the door. Of course though, there will be many people showing up this year trying to buy tickets at the door
Old 04-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #29
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Tickets are being scalped on Kijiji...someone's asking $100 for a weekend pass!
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #30
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I figured tickets would get scalped after they sold out I should have bought extra haha

but the weekend pass was originally 70$ anyway isn't it? so 100$ isn't that bad

EDIT: wow, just checked Kijiji, people are offering 200$ for weekend passes. This one guys like "well those sold out quickly huh?" in reality selling out a week before the show is on, is not quick when they've been on sale for 5 months lol but there are a TON of people looking for tickets, I really should have bought extra and turned into a FT scalper