Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 01-03-2022, 04:40 PM   #51
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Go check the "Made in" label on almost anything in your home.....what does it say?

My guess is 99.9% would say "Made in China". That means that all those "honest", and "principled" US and European companies are more than happy to deal with those "evil", "lying", "unscrupulous" Chinese companies....come on, no body is that stupid.

But let's bring this back to statue collecting. So the evil empires of Queen Studios (QS) and Infinity Studios (IS) are out to rip you off, selling you an expensive silicone statue / bust made from low grade materials......but wait, who is actually selling you these products? Oh, it's good ol' American retailers.....Sideshow, BBTS, Spec Fiction....and of course, us Europeans get it through LCDN and Deriv Store......so, tell me, why aren't our highly moral US and European Businesses safe guarding us? Why aren't they trying to find out what the quality is BEFORE taking our money (and adding their profit)?

I never called you guys racist, and I wouldn't - because not everything in discussion has to be reduced to racism.....but consider the whole supply chain and if one link is corrupt, then surely every other link that supports it shares in that corruption.
It's always fascinating listening to someone who has no idea what they are talking about go on and on trying to make themselves sound smart.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 05:37 PM   #52
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:45 AM   #53
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Yea, that's about the exact childish response I expected. I have not the time nor desire to educate the many ignorant fools of the internet. Thanks for asking though, at least you admit you don't know what you are talking about. That's a start.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:53 AM   #54
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Old 01-04-2022, 04:32 AM   #55
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

It’s just a matter of regulations. That’s probably one of the major reasons international companies first moved production to Chinese factories in the first place. In that they didn’t have much of any. However factories in China are probably like any others in the world, in that you get what they pay for. However in recent times, regulations have been increasing in China, as has their operational costs (probably more to do with wages than regulations) which has led many businesses to slowly move out of China (even before all the recent negative China stories these past few years).

But given todays information age, once anything negative gets made public, the Western company always goes that they had no idea about the issue until it was made public. But come on, most would have to be deaf, blind and stupid to not know. Or rather it’s probably a case of not wanting to know. As I find at the end of the day ‘most’ customers will buy what impacts their wallets the least, their ethics and morals be damned.

But the Chinese government isn’t known so much for lying per se, but lying by omission from information control. And it’s not like western governments are all that virtuous. From a person living outside the US, the extreme left and right wing politics and media is like watching a game of one-upmanship, from one ridiculous thing to the next. Whenever I follow a particular news story I get two different narratives dependant on politics, and honestly I find the left wing media to be crafting more narratives than Fox News programs nowadays (not including the opinion shows, which is 100% narrative), whereas in the decade or two before it was the opposite.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:30 PM   #56
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It?s just a matter of regulations. That?s probably one of the major reasons international companies first moved production to Chinese factories in the first place. In that they didn?t have much of any. However factories in China are probably like any others in the world, in that you get what they pay for. However in recent times, regulations have been increasing in China, as has their operational costs (probably more to do with wages than regulations) which has led many businesses to slowly move out of China (even before all the recent negative China stories these past few years).

But given todays information age, once anything negative gets made public, the Western company always goes that they had no idea about the issue until it was made public. But come on, most would have to be deaf, blind and stupid to not know. Or rather it?s probably a case of not wanting to know. As I find at the end of the day ?most? customers will buy what impacts their wallets the least, their ethics and morals be damned.

But the Chinese government isn?t known so much for lying per se, but lying by omission from information control. And it?s not like western governments are all that virtuous. From a person living outside the US, the extreme left and right wing politics and media is like watching a game of one-upmanship, from one ridiculous thing to the next. Whenever I follow a particular news story I get two different narratives dependant on politics, and honestly I find the left wing media to be crafting more narratives than Fox News programs nowadays (not including the opinion shows, which is 100% narrative), whereas in the decade or two before it was the opposite.
Wow Phoenix, is that really you or a Chinese Bot? Saying the problem is just "regulations" and China " isn?t known so much for lying"??? I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone sometimes when I read nonsense like this.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:33 PM   #57
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It?s just a matter of regulations. That?s probably one of the major reasons international companies first moved production to Chinese factories in the first place. In that they didn?t have much of any. However factories in China are probably like any others in the world, in that you get what they pay for. However in recent times, regulations have been increasing in China, as has their operational costs (probably more to do with wages than regulations) which has led many businesses to slowly move out of China (even before all the recent negative China stories these past few years).

But given todays information age, once anything negative gets made public, the Western company always goes that they had no idea about the issue until it was made public. But come on, most would have to be deaf, blind and stupid to not know. Or rather it?s probably a case of not wanting to know. As I find at the end of the day ?most? customers will buy what impacts their wallets the least, their ethics and morals be damned.

But the Chinese government isn?t known so much for lying per se, but lying by omission from information control. And it?s not like western governments are all that virtuous. From a person living outside the US, the extreme left and right wing politics and media is like watching a game of one-upmanship, from one ridiculous thing to the next. Whenever I follow a particular news story I get two different narratives dependant on politics, and honestly I find the left wing media to be crafting more narratives than Fox News programs nowadays (not including the opinion shows, which is 100% narrative), whereas in the decade or two before it was the opposite.

Happy New Year, and happy collecting.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:51 PM   #58
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
No, it's more specifically China, and I was explained that by a successful business person from there, so it's not just an opinion.

I also remember other companies like Chronicle having all kinds of issues with their China factories when they didn't have oversight(and even still trying when they did). It's just how they operate over there.
And western companies will continue to do business with China due to lower costs; like others have said, lying and corruption isn't exclusive to China. Life isn't so black and white

Also I disagree with most of what you've said
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:17 PM   #59
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
And western companies will continue to do business with China due to lower costs; like others have said, lying and corruption isn't exclusive to China. Life isn't so black and white

Also I disagree with most of what you've said
You are completely missing the point. The fact that "western companies" do business with them does not make what they do ok, and I am not even talking about the many human rights and climate abuses, just their overall business mentality. That's inherently what you don't understand, they think corruption/lying/stealing is fine whereas most westerners don't. It's SOP for them, and a lot of it is state sponsored

Oh, and disagree with what, the facts I stated or that my information comes from a reliable source and yours comes from god knows where? I really didn't want to get into more of this here, but some of you guys really need to wake up and do your own research.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:43 PM   #60
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Wow Phoenix, is that really you or a Chinese Bot? Saying the problem is just "regulations" and China " isn?t known so much for lying"??? I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone sometimes when I read nonsense like this.
I’m not saying what a lot of Chinese companies do is right. At least not from my point of view. What I’m saying is that without enforced regulations, there’s not much to curtail what most of us would consider to be unethical behaviour. If Western governments hadn’t passed their own regulations over the past century, I wouldn’t be surprised if even more of our local businesses would operate in a similar fashion as those in China and other developing countries. Heck if it wasn’t for certain deregulations that occurred in ‘certain’ countries the global financial crisis would not have been as bad as it was.

I consider myself as left wing or left of centre, at least here in Australia. But some of the things I’m hearing out of the White House knocks even me for a loop with what’s been said. By either of the last two governments. So I wouldn’t say that China is the only country known for ‘lying’ or at least distorting the truth to fit their own narrative.

And lying by omission as China does may actually be worse than twisting the truth. One excludes pertinent facts, whereas the other has ‘some’ of the facts, but twists it so much that it can sometimes be unrecognisable. But at least with the latter there’s a chance that the real truth can be gleaned whereas with the other you don’t even have a starting point.

EDIT: Whenever any government enters a trade agreement with China (whether it was the US or Australia etc), one of the most important talking points has always been that of the Chinese government passing legislation for the regulation of business practices…..not that it’s ever accomplished much.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote