Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #101
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Sounds great!
My only concern was the way the Joe PF line crashed and burned. I know things happen behind the scenes, and I get that. The longevity was my second thought (after "this looks crazy sweet") I just hope it goes past Skeletor, Teela, and He-Man. (just guessing there) I can't imagine how balls out Skeletor looks. I really dig this direction.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #102
xerxes
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
When we appraoched this LINE (we're 3 deep alreay, so yes, we're committed) we went in with that mentality.
Appreciate your comments...

Is this 'committed' in the same way SS was 'committed' to the LOTR maquette line? A full Fellowship was 'committed' to by TG no less and well we all know what happened there... to say nothing of the other lines 'committed' to by SS yet not delivered on.

Thanks again for all your input!
xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:02 PM   #103
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
We'll be revealing the second in the line at SDCC, and we have another 80's cartoon piece that will be there that will be nucking futz…

The designer is Stjepan Sejic, been a huge fan of his for a while and to say "He's a Super hard-core MOTU fan" is an understatement. Here's his gallery:

Cant wait for you guys to see the next piece, it's insane.
Now I'm interested. Another 80s cartoon and you guys got Stjepan Sejic designing stuff. I remember picking up his first issue of Witchblade and a few others just to check out his artwork.

That 80s cartoon has to be something popular. I would love to see Galaxy Rangers but that's not popular enough. Battle of the Planets and other Japanese anime are probably out too. Maybe Dungeons & Dragons? That would fit with some of the stuff Sideshow worked on in the past. And they could make the characters a bit older or realistic.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:19 PM   #104
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
When we appraoched this LINE (we're 3 deep alreay, so yes, we're committed) we went in with that mentality. What the cartoon felt and looked to you as a kid, so interpreting that and evolving it for us now, not making it an exact replica of what it was.

It is 1:5 scale, we wanted to differentiate what PCS in both scale and style, so we think this works to give fans a different option, not take away that more true translation they are doing from the show.

We'll be revealing the second in the line at SDCC, and we have another 80's cartoon piece that will be there that will be nucking futz…

Im a product of 80's STUFF, this line was one of my favorite projects Ive been able to be a part of here, maybe ever... same with the team that worked on it, and it shows.

The designer is Stjepan Sejic, been a huge fan of his for a while and to say "He's a Super hard-core MOTU fan" is an understatement. Here's his gallery:

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/galle...f-the-universe

Cant wait for you guys to see the next piece, it's insane.
well all i can say is THANK YOU for this.. i love what you guys have done with this line. and i love that its 1/5th scale.
ive been saying this everywhere. if He-Man is this ridiculously good. then i can only imagine what Skeletor will look like.

another 80's cartoon in this scale? Thundercats ? PLEASE
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #105
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Sounds great!
My only concern was the way the Joe PF line crashed and burned. I know things happen behind the scenes, and I get that. The longevity was my second thought (after "this looks crazy sweet") I just hope it goes past Skeletor, Teela, and He-Man. (just guessing there) I can't imagine how balls out Skeletor looks. I really dig this direction.
Whoa! It's testsubject! Long time no see, man.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #106
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well all i can say is THANK YOU for this.. i love what you guys have done with this line. and i love that its 1/5th scale.
ive been saying this everywhere. if He-Man is this ridiculously good. then i can only imagine what Skeletor will look like.

another 80's cartoon in this scale? Thundercats ? PLEASE
If the other 80's property is Thundercats, I can only hope, nay, pray that it is also 1/5 scale so I can display with He-Man.

I'd rather have 1/4, but if they look good enough, I wont sneer at 1/5.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #107
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Whoa! It's testsubject! Long time no see, man.
What's up?

Back in action!
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #108
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Yah, he's awesome, AND an awesome guy in general. Cant wait to meet him finally at SDCC.

Also, there's a girl in this line JUST FOR YOU
If it is Evil-Lynn....I LOVE YOU!
If not, I will find you! lol
I am kind of glad this line is 1/5. I think it will work well for display.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #109
clayman1976
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

THIS is what I wanted from PCS! Cartoon version is cool and all but I saw the Kat Sapene image on Facebook and was all

Then somebody commented on the post so I looked at it again and was all

Then it began to sink in and i calmed down a bit, but not after a quick run through the neighborhood telling everybody who would listen

Most of my neighbors just looked at me like this though
clayman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:51 PM   #110
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman1976 View Post
THIS is what I wanted from PCS! Cartoon version is cool and all but I saw the Kat Sapene image on Facebook and was all

Then somebody commented on the post so I looked at it again and was all

Then it began to sink in and i calmed down a bit, but not after a quick run through the neighborhood telling everybody who would listen

Most of my neighbors just looked at me like this though
Yeah, I can see you doing that. lol
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote