Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #101
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
As much as I love the Modern Age PF, I'm not digging the yellow chest symbol for this one. The bulletproof vest look should have a larger, more practical and intimidating symbol, like Punisher's spray-painted one in the War Zone movie.
Im not sure anything large and yellow is intimidating imo.
Personally while I prefer an all black symbol, this one is balanced.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:26 AM   #102
gambit33077
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Trust me the Batman box is not as big as Ghost Riders, I can lift the Batman Box by myself but I needed help with Ghost Rider...

That said, The Batman box is still pretty big...
thats good to hear. I had to move 2 ghostrider boxes but wasnt able to get any help. So i dont need that again
gambit33077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:16 AM   #103
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Im not sure anything large and yellow is intimidating imo.
I don't know, man. As a kid, if I saw these two coming down the stairs instead of my parents Christmas morning, I certainly would've been intimidated, if not psychologically scarred for life.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #104
aa909
The Green Hornet

^^^ Great pics, real nice details. Too bad the price is double what it should be IMO
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #105
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I don't know, man. As a kid, if I saw these two coming down the stairs instead of my parents Christmas morning, I certainly would've been intimidated, if not psychologically scarred for life.
I stand corrected lmao
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #106
VITTOR77
A day without sunshine is like... night.

After the spiderman disaster, Iron Studios realized there's no time for jokes anymore. This Batman is a must have for any Batman fan. Starting from the box, it's twice the xm darkness one, you will get a sort of fridge box. The packaging is very strong and well engineered in order to limit any breaks, all pieces are well packed and put in a dedicated styrofoam hole. On the statue assembly side, you have to insert the body on the huge light projector base, the belt small bags, the cape, the head and the arms. Like the prime 1, the assembly can be done in several ways, maybe too many... ES is 300 overall, 200 for the regular one and 100 for the exclusive, that includes the arm with the harpoon, which is imho a must have because it's really beautiful. The painting is well done, no defects at all, blue tone is awesome because it's a perfect mix between black and dark blue. Having two heads and two mouths, you can choose exactly which one to use depending on the height of your showcase because there are eyes looking at the floor and eyes looking at the ceiling. Battle damage costume rips are incredible as well as the seams. The light projector is actually a beast! When turned on the light is spectacular and its structure is perfectly bent and crashed in the spot where batman landed. Inside the box Iron Studios included a poster and a card signed by Ivan Reis. As far as stability is concerned, the pin to held the body is really strong, they say it can sustain up to 100kg, cape weight is sustained by the leg because it lies on the right-side of the body, furthermore the hole where the pin has to be inserted is not in resin but iron, for a better tolerance. The final product is quite similar to the prototype but more straight and stable. About details, there are too many to mention. For instance there is a red led on the projector to simulate the effect of superman eyes beam damage. There are very few plastic parts like the joker wings and the steel bars that come out from the base. Everything is maniacally detailed and the whole presence is incredible. On the cons side, base rocks and joker could have been better painted, too give a spoiled effect to put them in evidence a bit more. Also the heads have no problems to plug in without the cape but with the cape there is a gap between the head and the body of about 1mm on the right-side, not a big issue anyway. Last but not least, price, considering above all shipping costs and customs fees since it comes from Brasil. In any case, this Batman is the best representation I ever seen up to now, for the sculpt, the painting and the pose. Finally, Iron Studios made available an app to be used with a VR visor and a smartphone. My rate is 9/10.
a special thanks to Paulo Ricardo Feitoza for letting me have this and Alessio Pierotti for translation.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/user/vittor77/media/batman%2013%20011_zpsmletrp07.jpg.html][IM
[
VITTOR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #107
VITTOR77

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/user/vittor77/media/batman%2013%20063_zpswbmf4nvz.jpg.html][IMG][IMG][/IMG]]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #108
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

The details on this do look amazing. That price though...
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:28 PM   #109
VITTOR77

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-15-2017, 12:38 AM   #110
epitaph04
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I reeeeeally want this as this came out very very nicely, but the fact that I have to pay more for this than I did for my p1 1/2 bat makes me relent.
epitaph04 is offline   Reply With Quote