Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-21-2019, 11:11 PM   #2431
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Said it before and I say it again - I love Jamie Lannister. I really have always enjoyed his relationship with Brienne and Tyrion. Therefore, tonight’s episode was great

I also hope it’s Jamie who, if needed, take out the Hypocrite Dragon Queen. We all saw that tinge of “oh the F you are not getting my throne” crazy when Jon told her the truth. And Sansa certainly is never going to bend the knee or the knee of the North to her.

The North Remembers. And the North is badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I'm one of those people who has never seen an episode of the show. A couple lawyers at work say I remind them of the onion stealer, whoever that is. Is that a good thing?
Davos is one of the most truth worthy, honorable, logical, and enjoyable people on the show. Such a good thing
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:36 PM   #2432
MrYac
Hercules

there's an interesting theory on Jaime
Spoiler
that he may be azor ahai, which would be pretty damn cool. my heart will always belong to Stannis and I still feel he would be 100% the best ruler for the kingdoms. but since he's sadly gone i'd love for it to be somebody like Jaime over Jon and especially of Dani.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:11 AM   #2433
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Dammit my boy Jon decides at the worst possible moment to tell Dany he's the rightful ruler....and Queen B's talk with Sansa lol, you can tell she just wants to control everyone, I wonder how she's going to handle this.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:55 AM   #2434
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Seriously Jon your sense of timing really sucks.

You know nothing Jon Snow.

With only 6 episodes now 4, I felt like they could have done more with these first two.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:49 AM   #2435
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I agree the first episode they could have done more, but I liked the pace and feeling of the second episode a lot. These characters have been spread around the country, fighting wars against each other. Families and friends separated for year/months. It was nice to see them all site down and bond in their own way. Prepare for what very well could be their last night alive. The episode reminded me of the calm before the storm. It's like the table scene in Jaws where they are telling their stories. Or Saving Private Ryan where the guys are all talking at night in the church (I think it's a church).

What I'm interested to see is how they handle these last 4 episodes. You can't just finish off the army of wites in one episode and I don't see how any of these characters can escape. Yet there is so much more to be told. I'm excited to see what happens because it's got to be balls out from here til the end.

Oh and I thought for sure Cersei was lying abut the baby. Yet Jamie believes her. Maybe I was wrong
Old 04-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #2436
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I felt dirty watching the Arya sex scene.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #2437
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
there's an interesting theory on Jaime
Spoiler
that he may be azor ahai, which would be pretty damn cool. my heart will always belong to Stannis and I still feel he would be 100% the best ruler for the kingdoms. but since he's sadly gone i'd love for it to be somebody like Jaime over Jon and especially of Dani.
I had forgotten all about that prophecy. And if true, it could play into the Bran being the Night King and trying to find ways to stop himself from bringing the long night.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:34 AM   #2438
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I felt dirty watching the Arya sex scene.
Why? She and Gendry care for one another and it was consensual. I thought it was one of the sweetest sex scenes since Ned and Cat.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #2439
fuzzylover
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Why? She and Gendry care for one another and it was consensual. I thought it was one of the sweetest sex scenes since Ned and Cat.
Mmmm, perhaps it's because, even though we know the actress is 'legal' in real life, she 100% looks like she's not a day over 11. I'm surprised there was even a HINT of sideboob. I also kind of thought the 'it's our last night on earth, let's have sex', was a little bit of low hanging fruit on the writers' part. If there was any character on GoT that did not need to be sexualized, it was Arya.

This entire episode put me through the emotional ringer otherwise and I thought it was bloody fantastic. All of those meaningful interactions happening to further solidify your love for these characters. All of the arduous, violent and sometimes evil/duplicitous journeys they took to convene at Winterfell to fight shoulder to shoulder with enemies. It just heightened the collective gut punch we're all going to feel losing some of these beloved characters. It's got my stomach in knots.
fuzzylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 AM   #2440
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh and I thought for sure Cersei was lying abut the baby. Yet Jamie believes her. Maybe I was wrong
For the witch's prophecy from when she was a kid to come true she will have to die by strangulation from one of her brothers before the new baby is born.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote