Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #21
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post

Yes, I'd love to see more pics of the trip. I promise to keep the geek ranting to a minimum.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #22
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
I'm sorry Snake but you are talking about minor differences that most people (myself included) never noticed in the movies. Most of the time it is so dark and the alien move so fast that you don't even get a good look at them.
Even in your pics above sure I can see differences but who cares. To me they both look like Aliens.
But I do prefer the original Giger Aliens.
I don't see how you can say 'who cares', and then in the very next sentence say you have a preference. Lol

...but ok, sure. You might have lower standards.

If you're a collector who is willing to pay large amounts of money to own a replica or statue of the Alien, then I'd imagine you care about the design of said Alien.. trust me, those aren't "minor differences" in any way, shape, or form.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:26 PM   #23
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Do you notice that the design gets worse as the Alien films progress over time
Giger's Alien will always be the best for me BUT i must be honest and say The Queen from Aliens was a little special.

ALIEN
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:19 PM   #24
darkmummy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Personally I can't wait to see more alien statues come from the cooperation between chronicle and ADI. Guess I will buy every alien piece if it comes true.
I think ADI did a great job in A3 and A4 as well as avp. Giger's design was great but I cant image seeing exactly same thing through out 5 movies( including the future one). Someone gonna change it eventually.
Some people will prefer the classic design which combines mechanic elements but the other will like organic looking more.
Maybe the design of first cellphone is classic but everyone is looking forward iPhone 6s now.
darkmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #25
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmummy View Post
Personally I can't wait to see more alien statues come from the cooperation between chronicle and ADI. Guess I will buy every alien piece if it comes true.
I think ADI did a great job in A3 and A4 as well as avp. Giger's design was great but I cant image seeing exactly same thing through out 5 movies( including the future one). Someone gonna change it eventually.
Some people will prefer the classic design which combines mechanic elements but the other will like organic looking more.
Maybe the design of first cellphone is classic but everyone is looking forward iPhone 6s now.
Unless Paul says otherwise.. There will be NO alien products from Chronicle. The license is held hostage by another company. Same with Predator.

Paul has addressed it many times already..

Certainly disagree about the changing of the design from one movie to the next for this particular movie monster. Unless there is a specific reason for it like Alien 3 or 4 (different organism).
If this organism is supposed to be the same one in the AVP movies then it makes no logical sense for it to look drastically different.
It especially makes no sense for the aliens in AVP to look like the cloned aliens from part 4 (which takes place hundreds of years into the future, and deals with a version of this organism that didn't exist in present day).

Comparing it to cell phone models differing over the years makes no sense at all.

Anyways, what's done is done. For better or worse, ADI's design choices are what they are. Some might like it, some don't care, lots of Alien fans think they are trash. I'm certainly not alone. Meh...

For a good laugh (and proof my feelings are not in the minority among alien fans... )
I recommend anyone interested in discussing ADI's work on the Alien saga to take a look at the thread over at the AVPGalaxy forums.
The polls on this thread speak for themselves. Lol

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=14402.0

That way we can get this thread back on course and drop the Alien talk..(since unless something major changes... The will be no Alien products from Chronicle anytime soon)
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #26
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Re : Changing alien designs

Ridley Scott has already quoted that the days of a man in a suit have gone, its been done. So unlikely Giger's Alien will ever return.

My hope was the films after prometheus would eventually lead to the point of the real ALIEN 1979 prequal and that Giger's Alien would be seen again.

I agree that the other aliens do indeed look more organic for sure, loosing that wonderful biomechanical look that is much loved.

Now if Chronicle had the chance of making an alien, it would i'm sure be spot on. We can only hope and pray that one day they will get the chance
Old 03-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #27
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN View Post
Re : Changing alien designs

Ridley Scott has already quoted that the days of a man in a suit have gone, its been done.

Did he actually say that though? If he did, he's an idiot. All of the Alien movies used people in suits, had they been CGI, they would have been forgotten long ago. There will always been a place for suit work, it can't be replaced, at least not with something of the same standard. It may have moved on since the First Alien, but I think it is part of the originals charm tbh.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:00 AM   #28
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Did he actually say that though? If he did, he's an idiot. All of the Alien movies used people in suits, had they been CGI, they would have been forgotten long ago. There will always been a place for suit work, it can't be replaced, at least not with something of the same standard. It may have moved on since the First Alien, but I think it is part of the originals charm tbh.
I think he was referring to the 1979 movie situation only, a single man in a suit on a space ship jumping on people.
That's what he kinda saying, if i find the interview i'll post it.

All directors these days like to make something on a grand scale, especially when it comes to sci-fi.

He was not talking about never having men in suits again, he would indeed be an idiot to say that, lol!
ALIEN
Old 03-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #29
darkmummy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Regarding to "Having a man in a suit", based on tech what film industry having now, of course they can choose to not do it.
Obviously they didn't do that for the hulk, avatar, raptor, etc, or even ironman...they may have built some maquettes or suit for those, but in the movie, most of what we saw is CGI.
What's the reason to have it for alien? A salute to the old fashion?
I agree there is still needs for practical effect , but will only for those close shots ,lighting refs or even background.
darkmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #30
toty21
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
Unless Paul says otherwise.. There will be NO alien products from Chronicle. The license is held hostage by another company. Same with Predator.
I assume Sideshow is being referred to here? If it is them, they are slowly starting to annoy me...most of their efforts on any of these 2 lines have been mediocre for the most part
toty21 is offline   Reply With Quote