Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-24-2019, 12:52 AM   #441
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I may not be the best person to ask. I only own 2 (Orgrim, Grom V1) and have had a third (Gul'dan).

I think Orgrim is in a league of his own personally. He's flawless. Highest-quality statue I own.

Grom isn't bad but there are aspects that could have been done better I think. For one the likeness isn't really there. The head is a separate piece that has been glued onto the neck, I assume this is due to the hair - regardless, it's a bit of an eyesore I think they could have done better. You can also see where the torso fits into the hip on my piece. It's only from one side and you won't notice it unless you're inspecting it, but again, for the price and quality of Orgrim, I think they could have done a better job hiding it.

Gul'dan was excellent. I returned mine because of some QC issues like missing paint on the head, and the skull wouldn't fit in the staff properly.

Without having looked into it recently, I would imagine Orgrim and Gul'dan are the hardest to find. They were the first to release and they are both of a quality I don't think the other statues in the line maintained.

Something about Orgrim just screams perfection. I'm going to try to pick up Kargath and/or Blackhand. I hope they're both on the same playing field. I'm quite excited for the smaller line as well.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #442
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I may not be the best person to ask. I only own 2 (Orgrim, Grom V1) and have had a third (Gul'dan).

I think Orgrim is in a league of his own personally. He's flawless. Highest-quality statue I own.

Grom isn't bad but there are aspects that could have been done better I think. For one the likeness isn't really there. The head is a separate piece that has been glued onto the neck, I assume this is due to the hair - regardless, it's a bit of an eyesore I think they could have done better. You can also see where the torso fits into the hip on my piece. It's only from one side and you won't notice it unless you're inspecting it, but again, for the price and quality of Orgrim, I think they could have done a better job hiding it.

Gul'dan was excellent. I returned mine because of some QC issues like missing paint on the head, and the skull wouldn't fit in the staff properly.

Without having looked into it recently, I would imagine Orgrim and Gul'dan are the hardest to find. They were the first to release and they are both of a quality I don't think the other statues in the line maintained.

Something about Orgrim just screams perfection. I'm going to try to pick up Kargath and/or Blackhand. I hope they're both on the same playing field. I'm quite excited for the smaller line as well.
Thank you for the info, I do some research on V2 of Hellscream and Durotan, do you regret returning Guldan or were the QC issues that bad? I think Orgrim looks great idd, I wonder what happend to the QC of damtoys after that! I do think blackhand will be on legue of Orgrim atleast what I saw from the pictures his eyes were great!

Maybe some people who have them all can give us some info on how they look! and which are the best haha as of now Interested in Orgrim and Guldan and maybe Kargath but blackhand is sadly not my blackhand haha
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #443
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
do you regret returning Guldan or were the QC issues that bad?
Well, I couldn't afford both Grom and Gul'dan, and though I think quality-wise Gul'dan is on par with Orgrim, he wasn't as impressive to me for some reason. So I chose to return him and use the money to get Grom.

It's weird. I think it's a perfect rendition of Gul'dan, but I lost a great deal of interest in the character by the time the statue came out.

Quote:
blackhand is sadly not my blackhand haha
What do you mean by that? You prefer the Warlords of Draenor version or what? I like them both, but I've gotta say the Warcraft film version blew me away. Blackhand was my favorite design in the film and I get goosebumps watching every scene he's in.

Prime 1 picked up the Blizzard license like 2(?) years ago but never previewed anything. Wish they'd do something with it.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #444
Silverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Well, I couldn't afford both Grom and Gul'dan, and though I think quality-wise Gul'dan is on par with Orgrim, he wasn't as impressive to me for some reason. So I chose to return him and use the money to get Grom.

It's weird. I think it's a perfect rendition of Gul'dan, but I lost a great deal of interest in the character by the time the statue came out.

What do you mean by that? You prefer the Warlords of Draenor version or what? I like them both, but I've gotta say the Warcraft film version blew me away. Blackhand was my favorite design in the film and I get goosebumps watching every scene he's in.

Prime 1 picked up the Blizzard license like 2(?) years ago but never previewed anything. Wish they'd do something with it.
Yes I am more fan of the game I guess, thats why I am interested in Grom Kargath Orgrim and Durotan, only I hear Durotan not that great in reviews... And my most wanted half Orc will not even get made pfffffffffffffffffffff………

I agree P1 needs to do something, Imagine Arthas with the Orgrim treatment with fur boots omg omg, or even a SC2 line with Nova or Kerrigan, it fits P1 perfect the mech suits and aliens
Old 11-24-2019, 04:48 PM   #445
Thor57
Teen Titans

Prime 1 cant even get out what they have on time unless its got a Batman logo attached to it, let alone a new license as in depth and detailed as the Warcraft universe.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:54 PM   #446
Silverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Prime 1 cant even get out what they have on time unless its got a Batman logo attached to it, let alone a new license as in depth and detailed as the Warcraft universe.
Agreed with you, they and their golden batmans and transformers, what a waste of polystone, when they decided to not do anything with the blizzard licence"tbh I dont think they ever really got it"
Old 04-04-2020, 03:36 PM   #447
Vader
Ghost

did anyone get the blackhand?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #448
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
did anyone get the blackhand?
Yep, All the Orcs are worth every penny.... Can only hope they produce more at some point...

Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:55 AM   #449
Johnny Utah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Why didn't they make Lothar?
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:36 AM   #450
Vader
Ghost

are there more pics of blackhand? what was the edition size on it?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote