Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #501
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I don't like Cable either. I always saw him as the mutant Punisher.

That would have been a great EX or a coh with the techno virus face.

And to those saying 7 bills is a great price, no it is not.
I don’t think anyone has said it’s a great price. More that it was somewhat the expected price unfortunately.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #502
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I thought the first Prime 1 1/3 piece being the Arkham Knight Batman was around $800 to $899.99 USD?
I went back and looked and you are right. Still not that far off when you think about it though.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #503
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
I'm digging the portals, and the Deadpool
Same, initially thought i wouldn't like the dead pool part but turned out to be a nice touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I don't like Cable either. I always saw him as the mutant Punisher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
maybe thats why i like him
Tbh I don't even know what cables power are, to me he's always been terminator x men, and i happen to like terminator and the x men.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:23 PM   #504
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Same, initially thought i wouldn't like the dead pool part but turned out to be a nice touch.

Tbh I don't even know what cables power are, to me he's always been terminator x men, and i happen to like terminator and the x men.
Telekinesis and telepathy etc.

Essentially he would be akin to X-Man / Nate Grey (AOA) if it weren’t for the techno organic virus etc.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:41 PM   #505
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
Yeah Cable PF is not 21" tall it has to be an error (he is probably 20" alone)

Domino is 20"

I'm always shocked by how often they mess up the measurements and photos on these pieces. It really can't be that hard to pull out a tape measure on the finished product, and that's even after they have tons of to-scale 3d models, molds etc that all have exact measurements on them...
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:41 PM   #506
AC_808
Hercules

This Cable came out really nice! More awesome than I expected!

The XM Cable was good, but this so much better. Love the nod to the comics with the portrait. So good!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #507
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
I'm always shocked by how often they mess up the measurements and photos on these pieces. It really can't be that hard to pull out a tape measure on the finished product, and that's even after they have tons of to-scale 3d models, molds etc that all have exact measurements on them...
I think all 3 of these companies (SS/P1/XM) have fundamental communication issues that really shouldn't exist considering how expensive the products that they sell are.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #508
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I think all 3 of these companies (SS/P1/XM) have fundamental communication issues that really shouldn't exist considering how expensive the products that they sell are.
Yep, Prime 1 had that measuring mishap with the AK Catwoman base. But it was fairly obvious to me at the time and to anyone else who actually thought about it for a minute or so that the measurements given weren’t correct.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #509
Oak
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I don’t think anyone has said it’s a great price. More that it was somewhat the expected price unfortunately.
Out of curiosity, what would be a price-point that would have made collectors happy for this size of statue for a popular character? I ask honestly since I usually stick to the 1:1 stuff and rarely wander into PFs.
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #510
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Out of curiosity, what would be a price-point that would have made collectors happy for this size of statue for a popular character? I ask honestly since I usually stick to the 1:1 stuff and rarely wander into PFs.
It's not about this statue in particular, it's just the gradual climb in prices that people have seen over the years that adds up and makes them wonder where the ceiling is.

My personal opinion, and I know it means nothing in the big scheme of things because people should buy whatever they want to buy with their money, is that people buy too many statues. I think this hobby has gone well beyond what companies probably ever thought it would; I mean paying even ~$400 for a statue of a comic book character? I would have to think they figured the audience for that would be pretty low.

But now they've seen that not only is the audience more than they thought it would be, but there are PLENTY of those people who buy tons of statues. So the market has exploded. And I'm just gonna say it; I think all of these companies now feel they have a good # of ultra hardcore customers established who will buy almost ANYTHING they produce, and they haven't been made to think that price matters. I mean think about the impact it has on their finance/analysis people when they inevitably see that literally thousands of people are willing to pay SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS for a statue of Cable.

Anyway.....it is what it is. We've all got our limits and we only really have to answer to ourselves.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote